losers - GOP $24 billion, GM $10.9 billion...

The govt can not create jobs. The private industry, taxpayer, funds the govt.

Have you noticed how well the private industry flourishes in Somalia? You might see if not afflicted by myopia the reasons for the failure of the Articles of Confederation. How well would private industry do if the products or services they hoped to market needed to use private roads - some paved, some gravel, some sand, some mud - and each had a toll gate?

No, they didn't do it all by themselves. First a strong central government replaced a weak confederation of states, then: the Gov't first put in the Rail Roads by providing the money and land; next, IKE built the nationwide public highway system; FDR the electrical grid and without these improvements we would still be a rural republic of the banana variety.

Are you seriously trying to make a comparison/contrast of capitalism here in the US against a terrorist mecca? You are definitely absurd and probably not even conscious of your own ignorance. Also, your misunderstanding of govt contracts with the private sector is noted. Those highways were built through contractors, paid for by the taxpayer. Why is this so difficult to understand? Its safe to assume that the amino acids in the primordial stew could have understood such a simple concept before they even became single celled. Alas, though, you're in CA and govt will always be there to hock cheap wares and you'll praise this as glowing success......just as you expressed your idea of a heaping success in the 10 billion dollar loss that the taxpayers ate from GM.

Nice rant, ad hominem + ad hominem + straw man. Need a match?

If you had read any of my posts on the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act you would know one of my main points was to inform those that the government could create private sector jobs and they did under this act.

In fact I posted photos of the Eastern Span of the Bay Bridge - under construction and now open and the boring of the fourth bore of the Caldecott Tunnel, now open - showing the vast number of private contractors at work. These projects eased the commute from the East Bay (where 300.000 people live) and the business and industry in San Francisco, the Peninsula and the Silicon Valley.

So now I can add lies to your resume, "Partisan hack, disorganized, hypocritical and in desperate need of attention, seeks same".

total horseshit---------the end result would have been several new smaller more efficient companies.

Oh, Really. Explain exactly how that might have occurred? In detail since you are so sure of your convictions, you must know

those new companies would have had union representation votes---the UAW could not take the chance of losing that many dues paying members and the DNC could not take the chance of losing millions from the UAW.

the bailouts were done to save the UAW, nothing more.

Again, how do you know!!? If you can't answer this simple question the answer will be obvious. You don't know but you believe everything written or broadcast by those who spread hate and fear on the radio, TV and internet; and you echo the propaganda they spew.

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizen
s.
The irony runs thick, wry. You see this through your rose colored glasses. It's a shame that the unions and this administration are fleecing each others pockets willingly. In the end the unions destroyed the auto industry until our tax dollars bailed them out. :eusa_whistle:

Exactly how did the unions destroy the Auto Industry? Explain it with some detail, how the installer of transmissions earning $30.00 ($60,000) per year failed to engineer new models with better gas mileage? Explain why s/he didn't notice how and why Honda and Toyota were out selling them and ask why? Ask what should we do differently at the Board Meeting?

You're doing nothing more than parroting the lies from right wing sources. Do some homework, I just did and here's one for my side of the issue.

Left In Alabama:: That $75 an Hour UAW Wage Is a Lie

the trillions wasted on stupid foreign wars and stupid foreign aid was authorized and funded by both parties------to claim that only republicans funded that lunacy is just plain stupid.

...at the time given the information they were given vetted by the Bush Admin. You conveniently left that part out.

Question: do you know who Doug Feith is, what his job description was during Iraq/what he did for the Bush II admin during Iraq. :popcorn:

It is true that the intel was flawed, but everyone bought into it, Bush, Clinton, Kerry, Gore, The UN, the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Turkey, Israel. Everyone was convinced by Saddam that he had WMDs and was ready to use them. Bush did not cook the books on the intel. Everyone in congress had the same intel and came to the same erroneous conclusions. Nothing was hidden by Bush, Feith, or anyone else.

your tired lies and talking points are failing once again.

so do you know who Feith is and what he did in the Pentagon or not? He was employed in the Bush II WH. Here, I'll help you:

Douglas J. Feith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Feith joined the administration of President George W. Bush as Undersecretary of Defense for Policy in 2001. His appointment was facilitated by connections he had with other neoconservatives, including Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz. With his new appointment in hand, Feith proved influential in having Richard Perle chosen as chairman of the Defense Policy Board. Feith was criticized during the first term of the Bush administration for creating the Office of Strategic Influence. This office came into existence to support the War on Terror. The office's aim was to influence policymakers by submitting biased news stories into the foreign media. Feith played a significant role in the build up to the Iraq war

Feith's earlier involvement with Team B as a postgraduate, when alternative intelligence assessments exaggerating threats to the United States turned out to be wrong on nearly every point. The report found that these actions were "inappropriate" though not "illegal." Senator Carl Levin, Chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee, stated that "The bottom line is that intelligence relating to the Iraq-al-Qaeda relationship was manipulated by high-ranking officials in the Department of Defense to support the administration's decision to invade Iraq

Last edited:
Have you noticed how well the private industry flourishes in Somalia? You might see if not afflicted by myopia the reasons for the failure of the Articles of Confederation. How well would private industry do if the products or services they hoped to market needed to use private roads - some paved, some gravel, some sand, some mud - and each had a toll gate?

No, they didn't do it all by themselves. First a strong central government replaced a weak confederation of states, then: the Gov't first put in the Rail Roads by providing the money and land; next, IKE built the nationwide public highway system; FDR the electrical grid and without these improvements we would still be a rural republic of the banana variety.

Are you seriously trying to make a comparison/contrast of capitalism here in the US against a terrorist mecca? You are definitely absurd and probably not even conscious of your own ignorance. Also, your misunderstanding of govt contracts with the private sector is noted. Those highways were built through contractors, paid for by the taxpayer. Why is this so difficult to understand? Its safe to assume that the amino acids in the primordial stew could have understood such a simple concept before they even became single celled. Alas, though, you're in CA and govt will always be there to hock cheap wares and you'll praise this as glowing success......just as you expressed your idea of a heaping success in the 10 billion dollar loss that the taxpayers ate from GM.

Nice rant, ad hominem + ad hominem + straw man. Need a match?

If you had read any of my posts on the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act you would know one of my main points was to inform those that the government could create private sector jobs and they did under this act.

In fact I posted photos of the Eastern Span of the Bay Bridge - under construction and now open and the boring of the fourth bore of the Caldecott Tunnel, now open - showing the vast number of private contractors at work. These projects eased the commute from the East Bay (where 300.000 people live) and the business and industry in San Francisco, the Peninsula and the Silicon Valley.

So now I can add lies to your resume, "Partisan hack, disorganized, hypocritical and in desperate need of attention, seeks same".

Lol! I missed your portraits but.....I'll give you that. The rest of your rant is the usual dissonant, incognizant drivel.

S
Nice try. What would be the result if GM had failed? Or under restructuring, what might have been the outcome? Lower wages, less benefits, an inferior product, hence less sales, a falling stock? Or do some think restructuring wouldn't create industry havoc?

Coming to conclusions and making policy which must fit within an ideology is what go us into the economic mess known as the Great Recession. Refusing to 'bail out" GM and Chrysler based on an ideology would have been foolish and catastrophic to the families of GM & Chrysler Employees, their suppliers and the sales force around the country. In the middle of massive layoffs how many more would have lost their jobs?

total horseshit---------the end result would have been several new smaller more efficient companies.

Oh, Really. Explain exactly how that might have occurred? In detail since you are so sure of your convictions, you must know

those new companies would have had union representation votes---the UAW could not take the chance of losing that many dues paying members and the DNC could not take the chance of losing millions from the UAW.

Again, how do you know!!? If you can't answer this simple question the answer will be obvious. You don't know but you believe everything written or broadcast by those who spread hate and fear on the radio, TV and internet; and you echo the propaganda they spew.

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizens.
The only one who is green with Envy is the left always bitching about the rich. This is the lowest point in the US history for Union membership, no one likes them. I personaly would work at Walmart for $8 bucks an hour than a Union job for a $100 bucks an hour.

Last edited:
Let me add that the neocons have been tossed under the bus too, the radical right wing in control of the Republican Party has cut ties with the neocons as with others they call RINO's. Today we are seeing a new generation of isolationists, myopic in terms of foreign policy, national defense and domestic needs.

S

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizens.
The only one who is green with Envy is the left always bitching about the rich. This is the lowest point in the US history for Union membership, no one likes them. I personaly would work at Walmart for $8 bucks an hour than a Union job for a $100 bucks an hour.

You would?

Let me add that the neocons have been tossed under the bus too, the radical right wing in control of the Republican Party has cut ties with the neocons as with others they call RINO's. Today we are seeing a new generation of isolationists, myopic in terms of foreign policy, national defense and domestic needs.
They're all yours, pal.

I have more knowledge in my little fingertip than you will ever get at this rate.
See here:
Coprophagia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL, it's no wonder, given your engagements with Warrior, that Coprophagia is a topic of interest to you.

My link was every bit as relevant as yours. Which is not to say not at all.
Missed that, eh?
You're avoiding debating the issues. Probably because you're going to get your ass handed to you, yet again.

My Link:

Rural Electrification Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to (well, if you're not totally willfully ignorant) read about the TVA too.

Yours were all about shit. Good luck selling that.

LOL, it's no wonder, given your engagements with Warrior, that Coprophagia is a topic of interest to you.

Missed that, eh?
You're avoiding debating the issues. Probably because you're going to get your ass handed to you, yet again.

My Link:

You might want to (well, if you're not totally willfully ignorant) read about the TVA too.

Yeah guy you dont get it. The REA and TVA were irrelevant. The country had been growing much faster before all that crap. And the areas that were not covered by TVA by and large have done better than those that did have it.
And you're still avoiding answering anything substantive.

Some would have put it into an account in a bank on the Cayman Islands (ask Mitt Romney for a suitable one), I doubt Mitt and Co., the 1%er's, ever buried their money. Some might have invested with AIG or with Bernie Maddoff - how well did they make out?
I've been to a world's fair, a picnic and a rodeo, and that's about the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted.

What about the hundreds of millions of regular everyday taxpayers who got scammed in the bailouts? Would they have just socked their money away in the Caymans, or would they probably have spent their money in the economy and generated all sorts of tax revenue too?

I'm still waiting for the other idiot to define "far left"; maybe you might give it a go.
Look in a mirror.

How's your math, handbag? Even if we exclude the 1% who pay >15% on their federal income tax, how much of the $11 Billion divided by "hundreds of millions of regular everyday taxpayers" would they have "to buy all kinds of things"?

Did you suffer the head injury and subsequent brain damage at the world's fair, or did you drink too much at the picnic and fall off the table on a rock? Or, maybe it was the bull you slung at the rodeo - you have a lot of bull and that could cause serious brain damage.

Your kind likes to call everyone who holds opinions which differ from your own "far left" and yet, not one of your kind has even tried to define a word so common in their posts. What kind is your kind you ask (well, maybe you didn't but who the hell cares) the Echo Chamber kind - but that actually is an oxymoron as there is nothing kind about a callous conservative.
The 1% are only, well, 1%, you insolent pissed off old nincompoop.

The rest of the 99% (which includes you BTW) got handed the bag for that stupid bailout.

You are not only far left, but dumb and just plain of mean to boot. And while I'm up, you are really boring the hell out of me as well.

S

You would?
of course I would I can not stand working in Union shops, all they do is complain and don't care about the job. I would rather earn my promotions and raises then get it handed to me. but yea I am a little different then most folks I was blessed with a talent and money don't mean anything to me.

Last edited:

How do you know? It's basic Econ 101, the subject you skipped to take volleyball instead.
Do you think other auto makers were not looking at GM's profitable business and wondering "how can we get that for ourselves"? Do you think the demand that GM experienced for its vehicles was just going to go away? Do you think the productive assets of the company simply vanish when it files bankruptcy?
It doesn't take a genius to know that if you let go of a rock it's going to drop. Pretty much the same here.

The demand for GM Vehicles? What planet were you on as they kept losing market share to Toyota, Honda, and other foreign car builders?

Do you think (silly questions) do you believe filing for bankruptcy is a panacea and will fix a generation of poor decisions by the executive management at GM & Chrysler? Do you th... believe the Hummer was a good idea during a time when fuel economy was on the mind of most consumers?

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizen
s.
The irony runs thick, wry. You see this through your rose colored glasses. It's a shame that the unions and this administration are fleecing each others pockets willingly. In the end the unions destroyed the auto industry until our tax dollars bailed them out. :eusa_whistle:

Exactly how did the unions destroy the Auto Industry? Explain it with some detail, how the installer of transmissions earning $30.00 ($60,000) per year failed to engineer new models with better gas mileage? Explain why s/he didn't notice how and why Honda and Toyota were out selling them and ask why? Ask what should we do differently at the Board Meeting?

You're doing nothing more than parroting the lies from right wing sources. Do some homework, I just did and here's one for my side of the issue.

You have to be joking, wry. The benefits negotiated by the union drove up prices and made the big three uncompetitive. Their packages were around twice that of the foreign makers and were crushed by the competition. So believe what you want with your rose colored glasses that you wear in frisco, you all are out of touch with reality anyways and is expected.

How do you know? It's basic Econ 101, the subject you skipped to take volleyball instead.
Do you think other auto makers were not looking at GM's profitable business and wondering "how can we get that for ourselves"? Do you think the demand that GM experienced for its vehicles was just going to go away? Do you think the productive assets of the company simply vanish when it files bankruptcy?
It doesn't take a genius to know that if you let go of a rock it's going to drop. Pretty much the same here.

The demand for GM Vehicles? What planet were you on as they kept losing market share to Toyota, Honda, and other foreign car builders?

Do you think (silly questions) do you believe filing for bankruptcy is a panacea and will fix a generation of poor decisions by the executive management at GM & Chrysler? Do you th... believe the Hummer was a good idea during a time when fuel economy was on the mind of most consumers?

Are you capable of thinking beyond absolutes? Do you think there was no, zero, demand for any GM vehicle? Losing market share and having no demand are not the same thing.
Filing bankruptcy would fix the problem of union legacy costs.
Who cares what I think about the Hummer?

The economy grew well over 3% last quarter. So remind me how the shutdown cost anything.
More lies and talking points from desperate leftists.
But thanks for pointing out that the taxpayer took it in the ass from "saving" GM. The only defense is the usual "it would have been worse otherwise."

Despite the small loss from the GM bailout, the long term implications will lead to much greater tax revenue than the little that was lost. GM is now strong and thriving due to the bailout. That means tax revenue is coming in that would have been lost had GM failed. I really have to laugh when you guys cry over $10 billion or so that helped save an entire American industry but have no problem with us spending close to $1 trillion per year on defense and related spending.

more bullshit left wing lying talking points :eusa_whistle:
Kosh? Is that you?
Missed that, eh?

My Link:

Yeah guy you dont get it. The REA and TVA were irrelevant. The country had been growing much faster before all that crap. And the areas that were not covered by TVA by and large have done better than those that did have it.

do you even know what a link/source is? :eusa_eh: Seriously :eusa_doh: No one here is just going to "take your word for it" ESPECIALLY after your, shall I say "less than stellar" Repub Primary picks on this board. :thup:

As to the OP- Repubs can waste TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars w/o a peep from their voters (see- Iraq & tax cuts during war) but when A Democrat DARES to spend money at home :shock: the rw'ers call bloody murder :rofl:

Last edited:

You have to be joking, wry. The benefits negotiated by the union drove up prices and made the big three uncompetitive. Their packages were around twice that of the foreign makers and were crushed by the competition. So believe what you want with your rose colored glasses that you wear in frisco, you all are out of touch with reality anyways and is expected.
U.S. Automakers on Path Toward Labor-Cost Parity With Toyota - Bloomberg

He'll ignore it or respond with some crap.

Despite the small loss from the GM bailout, the long term implications will lead to much greater tax revenue than the little that was lost. GM is now strong and thriving due to the bailout. That means tax revenue is coming in that would have been lost had GM failed. I really have to laugh when you guys cry over $10 billion or so that helped save an entire American industry but have no problem with us spending close to $1 trillion per year on defense and related spending.

Kosh? Is that you?
My Link:

do you even know what a link/source is? :eusa_eh: Seriously :eusa_doh: No one here is just going to "take your word for it" ESPECIALLY after your, shall I say "less than stellar" Repub Primary picks on this board. :thup:

As to the OP- Repubs can waste TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars w/o a peep from their voters (see- Iraq & tax cuts during war) but when A Democrat DARES to spend money at home :shock: the rw'ers call bloody murder :rofl:

Source for what, idiot?

Kosh? Is that you?
My Link:

The Differance is and go slowly for you.so you can understand

Iraq was a war about false intel

The GM bail out was using tax payers money for Obamas private campain fund.

Kosh? Is that you?

The Differance is and go slowly for you.so you can understand

Iraq was a war about false intel

The GM bail out was using tax payers money for Obamas private campain fund.

It wasnt false intel.
It is undoubted that Saddam was a state sponsor of terrorism. He had a 20 year career doing that.
It is undoubted he had a weapons program.
It is undoubted he was in violation of UN accords
It is undoubted he committed genocide against the Kurds.
The US had every right and every reason to remove him. The WMD thing is a red herring trotted out by the Left when the war started going badly and they ran like the sniveling cowards they are.

Forum List

Back