losers - GOP $24 billion, GM $10.9 billion...

Kosh? Is that you?

do you even know what a link/source is? :eusa_eh: Seriously :eusa_doh: No one here is just going to "take your word for it" ESPECIALLY after your, shall I say "less than stellar" Repub Primary picks on this board. :thup:

As to the OP- Repubs can waste TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars w/o a peep from their voters (see- Iraq & tax cuts during war) but when A Democrat DARES to spend money at home :shock: the rw'ers call bloody murder :rofl:

The Differance is and go slowly for you.so you can understand

Iraq was a war about false intel

The GM bail out was using tax payers money for Obamas private campain fund.

It wasnt false intel.
It is undoubted that Saddam was a state sponsor of terrorism. He had a 20 year career doing that.
It is undoubted he had a weapons program.
It is undoubted he was in violation of UN accords
It is undoubted he committed genocide against the Kurds.
The US had every right and every reason to remove him. The WMD thing is a red herring trotted out by the Left when the war started going badly and they ran like the sniveling cowards they are.

Good post but I remember reading on Sadams death bed telling the C.I.A ?that he was bluffing so Iran wouldn't attack him again

And I would like to add Bush Jr. ran out of things to blow up in Afgahn, he had a score to settle with Sadam. So he used public opinion and attack.

This is just my thought. Because Again I watched the UN hearings and it was a joke. Powell said Iraq had drones and they looked like any American could buy from the local Hobby shop.

Bush Jr. threw COLLIN POWELL under the bus and that's why he got so mad at the Republican party.

And anyways Syria is going against the UN regulations and Obama runs from Putin.....

So some one please tell me when Is Syria going to give up there Chemical Weapons? John Kerry said with in a week a few months ago..... you don't hear much about that.. and you notice Obama like I did put a muzzle on Crazy Joe, Hillary and now Kerry. The Chicago way.

We lost money through the investment. Plain and simple.

While it's better than having them kick the bucket, we should have made them pay in full.

The irony runs thick, wry. You see this through your rose colored glasses. It's a shame that the unions and this administration are fleecing each others pockets willingly. In the end the unions destroyed the auto industry until our tax dollars bailed them out. :eusa_whistle:

Exactly how did the unions destroy the Auto Industry? Explain it with some detail, how the installer of transmissions earning $30.00 ($60,000) per year failed to engineer new models with better gas mileage? Explain why s/he didn't notice how and why Honda and Toyota were out selling them and ask why? Ask what should we do differently at the Board Meeting?

You're doing nothing more than parroting the lies from right wing sources. Do some homework, I just did and here's one for my side of the issue.

Left In Alabama:: That $75 an Hour UAW Wage Is a Lie

You have to be joking, wry. The benefits negotiated by the union drove up prices and made the big three uncompetitive. Their packages were around twice that of the foreign makers and were crushed by the competition. So believe what you want with your rose colored glasses that you wear in frisco, you all are out of touch with reality anyways and is expected.

Yet I posted a link suggesting otherwise, and you posted a personal attack instead of evidence that I (and the source) was wrong. Making a suggestion that I live in "frisco", which is incorrect anyway, and that puts me out of touch with reality is not only stupid but a sign of abject bigotry.

Last edited:
Exactly how did the unions destroy the Auto Industry? Explain it with some detail, how the installer of transmissions earning $30.00 ($60,000) per year failed to engineer new models with better gas mileage? Explain why s/he didn't notice how and why Honda and Toyota were out selling them and ask why? Ask what should we do differently at the Board Meeting?

You're doing nothing more than parroting the lies from right wing sources. Do some homework, I just did and here's one for my side of the issue.

You have to be joking, wry. The benefits negotiated by the union drove up prices and made the big three uncompetitive. Their packages were around twice that of the foreign makers and were crushed by the competition. So believe what you want with your rose colored glasses that you wear in frisco, you all are out of touch with reality anyways and is expected.

Yet I posted a link suggesting otherwise, and you posted a personal attack instead of evidence that I (and the source) was wrong. Making a suggestion that I live in "frisco", which is incorrect anyway, and that puts me out of touch with reality is not only stupid but a sign of abject bigotry.

Well that took 25 seconds to debunk.
I could take the easy way out and say that this is merely a blog by a progressive so untrustworthy. But that would put me at the level of progressives themselves. And I wont go there. Nor do I need to.
Note his use of the term "wages". The issue is not "wages". The issue is labor costs. labor costs consist of much more than wages. GM had to pay people not to work for years. All that unproductive labor sitting around gets added to the cost of people who are actually working. Add in benefits and taxes and yes it is $75/hr. The workers arent getting 75.hr of course. But that is what GM is effectively paying out.
Another point debunked. Another lie exposed.
You arent very good at this, are you?

I've known a lot of people from the most liberal city in the US, wry, you just need to learn to embrace it, dude. If you can't deal with reality concerning the problems of the US auto industry, try googling other links other than your one link that supports your premise. Try critical or even common sense thinking, wry. Just sayin'

U.S. Automakers on Path Toward Labor-Cost Parity With Toyota - Bloomberg

He'll ignore it or respond with some crap.

I didn't ignore it and the only crap posted has been from you. The wage concessions were made at the table between labor and management at the insistence of language in the bailout. You state (or at least suggest) the only reason for the American Auto Industry was a result of union contracts and benefits - that's not true and if that was what you intended it is a lie by omission.

who would've bought GM had they gone under? Bain?

Keeping them going was the best choice for this great nation. Cheaper in the long-run too.

They would have been broken up into smaller more efficient companies----we might have had a GMC truck company, a chevy company, and a buick/cadillac company.

There would have been plenty of investors lining up to buy into those new companies.

you just don't get it-------the GM bailout had nothing to do with saving the company or saving jobs--------it was done to save the UAW and to keep its money flowing to the DNC.

Yup. Thats exactly what it was. Payback to the Unions at the taxpayers of Americas expense.

No way should tax money be used to prop up any company. If that company can't stand on its own then its needs to disappear.

Ford took no money. They got a loan of their own and are doing just fine.

Barry didn't give shit one for the shareholders, bondholders and those with money invested in GM. He hosed them all with his bailout of GM and Chrysler.

Even after the infusion of tax dollars the companies went into bankrupcy. Of course they used that money to straighten out their mismanaged pension funds. They used our tax dollars for that express purpose.

They also used other TARP money to pay back some of that loan. Yeah, that makes sense. Use tax money to payback tax money.

Only in America.

U.S. Automakers on Path Toward Labor-Cost Parity With Toyota - Bloomberg

He'll ignore it or respond with some crap.

I didn't ignore it and the only crap posted has been from you. The wage concessions were made at the table between labor and management at the insistence of language in the bailout. You state (or at least suggest) the only reason for the American Auto Industry was a result of union contracts and benefits - that's not true and if that was what you intended it is a lie by omission.
Bingo! I was right. Responded with some crap.

Forum List

Back