Looks like it's almost time

That Rosewill PSU should be fine, STFU Capt Blei.

It's a Rosewill 750w single rail.
I figured I'd let you two battle it out since I have no clue what you two are talking about....... :lol:

Well that's what I get for ordering open box........ Finally all the components arrived a few days ago including the replacement case, got it all put together and oh shit!! I need a power cable for the graphics card........ No PCI-E power cable........ FUCK!!!!
Contacted Rosewill requesting a PCI-E power cable be sent, hope it doesn't take them for freaking ever........
You are not properly informed. If you had read a review of the RX570, you would know the 75 watts of the PCI-E slot would not be sufficient for that card. Also, if your PSU doesn´t have a cable, it is possibly very old and not suitable for such a graphics card.

This RX570 has a 8 pol power connection:

case3oj3x.jpg

Yours maybe not, there is a variant with two 6 pol connections as far as I know.

As for the PSU, be sure you have at least this values for the 12V line, the other stuff is not very important, CPU and GPU get their energy from the 12V line. You see 12v x 37,5a makes 450w.

psuhkk3x.jpg

See, the RX570 consumes up to 200 watts alone:
AMD Radeon RX 570 Power Consumption - Tom's Hardware

I have another advice for you while gaming (or not). The AMD software contains "Radeon Overlay" and you can activate with CTRL, Shift and o. It shows you details about your GPU and CPU like temperature, fan speed, ect and fps. You can also customize it.
Glanced through the Tom's Hardware link, what I read was Greek........ And I don't speak Greek........
Mine's an 8 pole and like I said it was open box. There's an additional 8 pole CPU cable that came with the power supply but no PCI-E cable.

That's foul. Did they say they'd take care of you?

Mine came came with 2 6+2 prong modular cable.
I have that exact same PSU. I wouldn't say it was good if I didn't think it was.
I put in a replacement part request, should take a couple of four days for them to get back to me. They don't respond over the weekend.......

I'd get on Newegg, pretty sure that's um...their proprietary version and SuperFlower is the real PSU maker.

Well that's what I get for ordering open box........ Finally all the components arrived a few days ago including the replacement case, got it all put together and oh shit!! I need a power cable for the graphics card........ No PCI-E power cable........ FUCK!!!!
Contacted Rosewill requesting a PCI-E power cable be sent, hope it doesn't take them for freaking ever........
You are not properly informed. If you had read a review of the RX570, you would know the 75 watts of the PCI-E slot would not be sufficient for that card. Also, if your PSU doesn´t have a cable, it is possibly very old and not suitable for such a graphics card.

case3oj3x.jpg

Yours maybe not, there is a variant with two 6 pol connections as far as I know.

As for the PSU, be sure you have at least this values for the 12V line, the other stuff is not very important, CPU and GPU get their energy from the 12V line. You see 12v x 37,5a makes 450w.

psuhkk3x.jpg

I have another advice for you while gaming (or not). The AMD software contains "Radeon Overlay" and you can activate with CTRL, Shift and o. It shows you details about your GPU and CPU like temperature, fan speed, ect and fps. You can also customize it.
Glanced through the Tom's Hardware link, what I read was Greek........ And I don't speak Greek........
Mine's an 8 pole and like I said it was open box. There's an additional 8 pole CPU cable that came with the power supply but no PCI-E cable.
Dunno where you clicked but my link refers to an english speaking review. Important for now is this graphic:

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL0MvNjY5MzYwL29yaWdpbmFsLzAwLVdhdHRhZ2UtT3ZlcnZpZXcucG5n

Power consumption while gaming varies of course, see it is a maximum.
I can recommend my PSU, a Kolink KL-600M. It is cheap, powerful enough, modular and the cables are sleeved.

That Rosewill PSU should be fine, STFU Capt Blei.

It's a Rosewill 750w single rail.
I figured I'd let you two battle it out since I have no clue what you two are talking about....... :lol:

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

That's foul. Did they say they'd take care of you?

Mine came came with 2 6+2 prong modular cable.
I have that exact same PSU. I wouldn't say it was good if I didn't think it was.
I put in a replacement part request, should take a couple of four days for them to get back to me. They don't respond over the weekend.......

I'd get on Newegg, pretty sure that's um...their proprietary version and SuperFlower is the real PSU maker.
I'll check with them also but it was Rosewill I contacted directly.

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

Dunno where you clicked but my link refers to an english speaking review. Important for now is this graphic:

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL0MvNjY5MzYwL29yaWdpbmFsLzAwLVdhdHRhZ2UtT3ZlcnZpZXcucG5n

I can recommend my PSU, a Kolink KL-600M. It is cheap, powerful enough, modular and the cables are sleeved.

He has this PSU, newb, https://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll1280/17-182-133_R01.jpg

62.5A on the 12v rail.

620 +2*62= how much his combined CPU and GPU voltage can be.

620+124=724

IF he can plug his GPU in. :oops:

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

It has to do with power, it's all Greek to me......... Thought you'd get that.......

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

He has this PSU, newb: Open Box: Rosewill Hive Series 750W Modular Gaming Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready, SLI & CrossFire Ready - Hive-750 - Newegg.com
That should be fine for any hardware, noob.

Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

It has to do with power, it's all Greek to me......... Thought you'd get that.......
Don´t worry. Your PSU is more than enough. But the cable must be included.

Last edited:
Did that, Service responded, and I paraphrase, "we don't carry spare parts like that around, please contact the warehouse, to see if they may have any. I could take up to several weeks for them to find one though we cannot guarantee positive results."

Sent it back to Newegg and get a refund. Use refund to finance new PSU.
or...
hold on, lemme try and be sure what's compatible.
I'm assuming the plug ends are standard, if so I'll just order the linked replacement even though it is a split. Who knows, might add a second graphics card at some latter date..... :D

Did that, Service responded, and I paraphrase, "we don't carry spare parts like that around, please contact the warehouse, to see if they may have any. I could take up to several weeks for them to find one though we cannot guarantee positive results."

Sent it back to Newegg and get a refund. Use refund to finance new PSU.
or...
hold on, lemme try and be sure what's compatible.
I'm assuming the plug ends are standard, if so I'll just order the linked replacement even though it is a split. Who knows, might add a second graphics card at some latter date..... :D

They are NOT! Do not do that. You need one from a Rosewill. First off: How many pins is the PSU side?

You deal was malicious. That PSU without the cable makes no sense.
It wasn't malicious, it the way "open box" works. This just happened to be one of those rare times that a necessary component wasn't in the box.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back