Looks like it's almost time

Went ahead and ordered a new CPU, looked at the other one and somehow had more bent pins. The new mobo showed up a couple of days ago and the new CPU today. Finally put it together and after a couple of mis-starts (my fault) it started right up with no problems what so ever. I'm a happy camper.
Good to hear

BTW, the new build is fast....... With the M2.2 in it it boots up in a few seconds, loading apps happens almost before they're clicked on and I've had to slow down the play speed on some of the games I have, not used to them playing that fast. :thup:
I did spend over an hour with a MS tech getting my OS authorized and another couple of hours downloading and installing my usual apps, configuring everything including getting rid of all the bloatware and completely shutting down Cortana.
I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:
That was stupid of me but I didn't know any better....... Last night my computer suddenly locked up, tried rebooting, went into repair mode, unsuccessful in the repair, eventually tried a full reset, no luck. Turns out M.2 cards are very susceptible to heat, extremely susceptible to heat, while my M.2 is under the built in heat sink made for it I installed the graphics card immediately below it......... Pretty sure my $60 M.2 is fried........

So let this be a warning for all who wish to install M.2 cards, try to keep it as far away from any heat sources as possible. The manufacturers aren't very clear on this.

Last edited:
Installed my old HDD in the build, it says the M.2 drive is working fine so apparently it looks like Win 10 had an unrecoverable crash and it may be due to Fast Boot being activated. At least that's what many are saying out there, it locked up and I manually shut it down, apparently this wiped the boot so it's format drive and reinstall the OS........

The good thing is with the old HDD in it I was able to format the M.2 drive, the bad thing is I had to do a fresh install...... Now I have to redo all my personal setup/configuration.

The good thing is with the old HDD in it I was able to format the M.2 drive, the bad thing is I had to do a fresh install...... Now I have to redo all my personal setup/configuration.
I dont understand the advantage of an M.2. Drive. My SSD drive boots nearly instantly.

I dont understand the advantage of an M.2. Drive. My SSD drive boots nearly instantly.
It's supposed to be faster with large files. It's PCIe not Sata.

Was having freeze ups and reboots, turned off Fast Boot then ran a scan. Sure thing, the scan found and repaired a couple of corrupted system files, hopefully that fixed the problem.

Forum List

Back