popup blockers

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
Does anyone browse the internet without a popup blocker? If everyone uses them that makes them obsolete don't it?

Does anyone browse the internet without a popup blocker? If everyone uses them that makes them obsolete don't it?
Most people don't use them, the typical computer user knows how to turn the computer on, play solitaire, surf the internet, check email and break their "cup holder"..........

I have had to turn the popup blocker off before to access a site, then forgot to turn it back on....but was soon enough reminded with a blitzkrieg of popups, pop unders, and all that rot. Now when a site demands I turn off the blocker it's URL goes to my blacklist (actually block list of the Hosts File).

For me, I haven't found a better combination that AdBlockPlus and NoScript! working in tandem.
For instance this website, without them it is slow to load because all of the ads loading, you get annoying pop-ups and flashing/moving ads.
With ABP and NS - this site is almost instantaneous and zero ads.

I don't and have no issues with pop ups at all.

I don't really frequent sites that require them anymore though as well. Basic virus protection is all I have ever really needed.

Don't use one. Actually just ignore the ads and don't really notice them.

Much like I do with the many insane threads and topics I simply skim over and ignore.

Forum List

Back