Looks like it's almost time

I'd try it. Count the number of pins on the PSU side to make sure, though.

It's 8 pins. I have the same type PSU. Rosewill pinout should be standard on their brand PSUs. There's an 8-pin and a 10 pin.

That doesn't look right. It has 12 pins on PSU side.
Nope.
Question, could I use the CPU power cable and see if it powers it from the CPU plug in?

Nope, never mind

It's 8 pins. I have the same type PSU. Rosewill pinout should be standard on their brand PSUs. There's an 8-pin and a 10 pin.

Nope.
Question, could I use the CPU power cable and see if it powers it from the CPU plug in?

No. There used to be a way to do from a Molex.

Nope.

No. There used to be a way to do from a Molex.
Here's an option, I use this PSU to replace the one in my current gamer and buy a new one to use in my new build. Maybe not Rosewill, maybe something cheaper but still good. :dunno:

Nothing wrong with that. :)

Really I'd do what you suggested because the wrong cable could fry quite a bit.

Just ordered it, I'll pull the 750 and put it in the old gamer and maybe sell the cheap Ultra to some poor, unsuspecting schmuck........ :lol:

Just ordered it, I'll pull the 750 and put it in the old gamer and maybe sell the cheap Ultra to some poor, unsuspecting schmuck........ :lol:

Ooo, Ultra LSP, bad bad bad. COMPUSA made. Total crap.

Okay, the new PSU showed up today, hooked everything up, checked all my connections, made sure everything was seated properly then turned it on........ It powered up but no signal to the monitor, double checked my connections then tried it again, no luck. Okay, I only have an M2.2 SSD in, so I add an old HDD, turn it on and it starts screaming at me, non-stop. Turn it off then back on, still screeching at me....... Re check all my connections, reseat the graphics card, turn it back on and I get a large number of short beeps followed by a pause followed by a large number of short beeps. Can't count the beeps cause it's happening so fast. Pull the RAM, put on stick in, same problem, put the stick in one of the other slots, same thing, try the other stick, same problem....... I'm thinking I have a bad mobo, two bad sticks or sticks that are not completely compatible........
I'm at a loss.

Okay, the new PSU showed up today, hooked everything up, checked all my connections, made sure everything was seated properly then turned it on........ It powered up but no signal to the monitor, double checked my connections then tried it again, no luck. Okay, I only have an M2.2 SSD in, so I add an old HDD, turn it on and it starts screaming at me, non-stop. Turn it off then back on, still screeching at me....... Re check all my connections, reseat the graphics card, turn it back on and I get a large number of short beeps followed by a pause followed by a large number of short beeps. Can't count the beeps cause it's happening so fast. Pull the RAM, put on stick in, same problem, put the stick in one of the other slots, same thing, try the other stick, same problem....... I'm thinking I have a bad mobo, two bad sticks or sticks that are not completely compatible........
I'm at a loss.

Take the m.2 out and try reseating your cpu. Also try different slot with GPU.

If you can, try different type GPU connection. HDMI is the standard now, maybe?

I'm at a loss.

All been done. Just finished a chat with ASUS tech support the RAM is not on their qualified vendor list so they can't insure it will work so I ordered RAM off their QVL and we'll see if it's the problem.

See if you can get back to powered up but no signal to monitor. Then look at your KB as it's booting up. If the KB blips, it's a video thing.

I'm at a loss.

All been done. Just finished a chat with ASUS tech support the RAM is not on their qualified vendor list so they can't insure it will work so I ordered RAM off their QVL and we'll see if it's the problem.

What RAM did you get? (have)

I'm at a loss.

G.SKILL Flare X (for AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

I'm at a loss.

G.SKILL Flare X (for AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

Link? Flare X? Wtf?! :eek2yum:

See if you can get back to powered up but no signal to monitor. Then look at your KB as it's booting up. If the KB blips, it's a video thing.
I have no idea what the KB is........

The KB is your KeyBoard. If you're booting up and get no video, look at your keyboard and see if if it blips when booting. If it does, it's a video problem.
When I say "look at it", I mean the 3 green lights at the top right.

The keyboard lights "blip" when going into the OS.

I'm at a loss.

Link? Flare X? Wtf?! :eek2yum:
That was one of the one's on the list.

Forum List

Back