Looks like it's almost time

Yep,been there, done that. Be careful with those pinouts. Intel now uses a ball grid array so there's no pins.

I'd check those pins with a magnifying glass.
So far I've had only limited luck with the cleaning, was told use a new toothbrush and small amounts of rubbing alcohol. Got much of it out but there's still some left.

Try some lacquer thinner or rubbing alcohol. Goofoff products work well also.

Pro-Tip:

Failing that, do you have some magic marker board spray cleaner?
I'll try the goof-off, I have some of that. The MM board spray I'd have to buy.

So, after the marion meltdown, how is the transition going?
Need a heavy duty sewing needle to unbend one pin on the CPU, other than that it's clean again. Once all that's done I can test it again.
Be very careful. Those pins look a lot tougher than they are. Good luck on you.

So far I've had only limited luck with the cleaning, was told use a new toothbrush and small amounts of rubbing alcohol. Got much of it out but there's still some left.

Try some lacquer thinner or rubbing alcohol. Goofoff products work well also.

Pro-Tip:

Failing that, do you have some magic marker board spray cleaner?
I'll try the goof-off, I have some of that. The MM board spray I'd have to buy.

So, after the marion meltdown, how is the transition going?
Need a heavy duty sewing needle to unbend one pin on the CPU, other than that it's clean again. Once all that's done I can test it again.
Be very careful. Those pins look a lot tougher than they are. Good luck on you.
Yeah I know, I've already straightened five others, must have bent them with the toothbrush.

Finally found a sewing needle and straightened out all the pins on the CPU last night, attached my M.2 SSD (500Gb) to the board, connected the power supply and bench tested it....... It turned on. Pulled the new case out of the box, put it back in the box and set it up for return and exchange, top back corner heavily dented in.
Now I have to wait for the replacement to arrive. Now I'm considering a new graphics card since it will be a complete new build. What the hell, it's only money, right..........

Finally found a sewing needle and straightened out all the pins on the CPU last night, attached my M.2 SSD (500Gb) to the board, connected the power supply and bench tested it....... It turned on. Pulled the new case out of the box, put it back in the box and set it up for return and exchange, top back corner heavily dented in.
Now I have to wait for the replacement to arrive. Now I'm considering a new graphics card since it will be a complete new build. What the hell, it's only money, right..........
I have an ATI Mach 64 VT (PCI, Made in USA), if you are interested. But shipping is going to cost you.

I have an ATI Mach 64 VT (PCI, Made in USA), if you are interested. But shipping is going to cost you.
Sorry, already ordered a RX 570.

That´s really the absolute minimum.

It works for me.

It works for me.
The improvement of GTX 470 to RX 570 is zero in BF3. I am very angry.

It works for me.
BF3 works just fine on the card in my current gamer, NVidia GeForce GT 740 The 570 blows away my GeForce........

It works for me.
BF3 works just fine on the card in my current gamer, NVidia GeForce GT 740 The 570 blows away my GeForce........
The GTX 470 also beats the GT 740 big time. However, the stagnation in performance is limited to BF3. I guess it is because the age of the game and the fact the DICE has always optimized their games vor NV cards.

UserBenchmark: Nvidia GeForce GT 740 vs GTX 470

Well that's what I get for ordering open box........ Finally all the components arrived a few days ago including the replacement case, got it all put together and oh shit!! I need a power cable for the graphics card........ No PCI-E power cable........ FUCK!!!!
Contacted Rosewill requesting a PCI-E power cable be sent, hope it doesn't take them for freaking ever........

Well that's what I get for ordering open box........ Finally all the components arrived a few days ago including the replacement case, got it all put together and oh shit!! I need a power cable for the graphics card........ No PCI-E power cable........ FUCK!!!!
Contacted Rosewill requesting a PCI-E power cable be sent, hope it doesn't take them for freaking ever........

No power for your graphics card? Damn!

How cheap was that PSU?

Not something to buy open box.

GPU, motherboard, yes.

Power supply? Oh hell no!

How cheap was that PSU?

GPU, motherboard, yes.

It was the one you linked.........

How cheap was that PSU?

GPU, motherboard, yes.

It was the one you linked.........

Doh! My Bad?

You said you wanted to go cheap.

You are not properly informed. If you had read a review of the RX570, you would know the 75 watts of the PCI-E slot would not be sufficient for that card. Also, if your PSU doesn´t have a cable, it is possibly very old and not suitable for such a graphics card.

This RX570 has a 8 pol power connection:

case3oj3x.jpg

Yours maybe not, there is a variant with two 6 pol connections as far as I know.

As for the PSU, be sure you have at least this values for the 12V line, the other stuff is not very important, CPU and GPU get their energy from the 12V line. You see 12v x 37,5a makes 450w.

psuhkk3x.jpg

See, the RX570 consumes up to 200 watts alone:
AMD Radeon RX 570 Power Consumption - Tom's Hardware

I have another advice for you while gaming (or not). The AMD software contains "Radeon Overlay" and you can activate with CTRL, Shift and o. It shows you details about your GPU and CPU like temperature, fan speed, ect and fps. You can also customize it.

You are not properly informed. If you had read a review of the RX570, you would know the 75 watts of the PCI-E slot would not be sufficient for that card. Also, if your PSU doesn´t have a cable, it is possibly very old and not suitable for such a graphics card.

case3oj3x.jpg

Yours maybe not, there is a variant with two 6 pol connections as far as I know.

As for the PSU, be sure you have at least this values for the 12V line, the other stuff is not very important, CPU and GPU get their energy from the 12V line. You see 12v x 37,5a makes 450w.

psuhkk3x.jpg

I have another advice for you while gaming (or not). The AMD software contains "Radeon Overlay" and you can activate with CTRL, Shift and o. It shows you details about your GPU and CPU like temperature, fan speed, ect and fps. You can also customize it.
Glanced through the Tom's Hardware link, what I read was Greek........ And I don't speak Greek........
Mine's an 8 pole and like I said it was open box. There's an additional 8 pole CPU cable that came with the power supply but no PCI-E cable.

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

Glanced through the Tom's Hardware link, what I read was Greek........ And I don't speak Greek........
Mine's an 8 pole and like I said it was open box. There's an additional 8 pole CPU cable that came with the power supply but no PCI-E cable.

That's foul. Did they say they'd take care of you?

Mine came came with 2 6+2 prong modular cable.
I have that exact same PSU. I wouldn't say it was good if I didn't think it was.

case3oj3x.jpg

psuhkk3x.jpg

That's foul. Did they say they'd take care of you?

Mine came came with 2 6+2 prong modular cable.
I have that exact same PSU. I wouldn't say it was good if I didn't think it was.
I put in a replacement part request, should take a couple of four days for them to get back to me. They don't respond over the weekend.......

Forum List

Back