Looking for a new Forum

I'm a conservative from St. Louis, and have been a frequent poster on a local forum there, but it seems to have become nothing more than a group of people who find it more entertaining to insult each other than to discuss the topics of the day. Looking forward to reading other points of view.

Joe Farmer

I think you'll see a diff.. USMB allows people to snipe at other, but only when they are contributing to the actual topic in their posts.. It's the way adults USED to be able to argue before the primadonnas at Facebook, Google, Twitter cornered the social media market.. Welcome...

This forum is around 75% on the right wing of the political spectrum. Insults are aplenty here. Perhaps you'll feel at home here, perhaps not. Welcome anyway.

Most people on here by and large are nice but opinionated, some are even entertaining. I think open mindedness is important, differing views are part of life. Debate is also one of lifes beautiful exercizes.

Welcome.

How do you define "conservative"? Like "Jeb Bush" conservative, "Mitt Romney" conservative, "Donald Trump" conservative, or "Ronald Reagan" conservative?

And welcome.
Hah, is that a trick question? Bush and Romney are not conservatives! Anyway, I do support the President. And I always loved Reagan.

hellooooooooo - & welcome. hope we cross paths out there on the interwebs....

I'm a conservative from St. Louis, and have been a frequent poster on a local forum there, but it seems to have become nothing more than a group of people who find it more entertaining to insult each other than to discuss the topics of the day. Looking forward to reading other points of view.

Joe Farmer

I'm sorry, we already have a conservative from Missouri. :deal:

j/k welcome, bring many hip boots, and what Tumbleweed said.

Joe Farmer

I'm sorry, we already have a conservative from Missouri. :deal:

j/k welcome, bring many hip boots, and what Tumbleweed said.
Now that is funny!!! Well done, Pigo!

Joe Farmer
Plenty of nimrods with thin skin here. Good Luck.

Joe Farmer

Some pretty thick-skinned ones too.

Hello Joe, from the great state of MO!!!!!

So happy to have a conservative bud here from MY native state. This site is a trip! So much fun and so many posters who post in jest and rarely with hatred, just this: :poke: It's a great place to release as long as it isn't taken very seriously most of the time. :auiqs.jpg:

WElCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Joe Farmer

Correction... Thick-Headed.

Joe Farmer

Correction... Thick-Headed.

That's called "resolve." It's also called "determination", "purpose", "strength of character", "decisiveness", "steadfastness", "perseverance", "persistence", "tenacity", "strong-mindedness", "dedication", "commitment", "bravery", "boldness", "courage", "spunk", or just plain "having a spine."

Those are good qualities.

Joe Farmer
Welcome to the mud pits. If you wanted intellectual discussions, dont bother looking for it here, because those on the left, many i have put on ignore, are more bat shit crazy than Nan From San Fransicko. But again welcome if you have what it takes to get insulted by the left all the time.

Joe Farmer

I've always liked St. Louis. There's something magical about crossing that long bridge over the Mississippi River and realizing you're in the South now. It's like once you've crossed that bridge, a whole new world of possibilities opens up to you.
I haven't been to St. Louis since early Spring of 1977 when I went with my high school choir on a trip from northeast Indiana. It was a lot of fun. We saw B.J. Thomas perform at Six Flags. The crowd was pretty sparse because it was raining all that day. A few of us yelled out "Thank You" to him, and he acknowledged us with a nod. The best part of the trip was going up to the top of the Arch. THAT was so cool! The scenic look you get up there is just fantastic. I would like to go to St. Louis again, just to experience that one more time. And I would definitely check out the blues music scene. I didn't become a TRUE blues fan until the mid 1990's, and had no interest at all in the music when I was in high school.

Joe Farmer

I've always liked St. Louis. There's something magical about crossing that long bridge over the Mississippi River and realizing you're in the South now. It's like once you've crossed that bridge, a whole new world of possibilities opens up to you.
I haven't been to St. Louis since early Spring of 1977 when I went with my high school choir on a trip from northeast Indiana. It was a lot of fun. We saw B.J. Thomas perform at Six Flags. The crowd was pretty sparse because it was raining all that day. A few of us yelled out "Thank You" to him, and he acknowledged us with a nod. The best part of the trip was going up to the top of the Arch. THAT was so cool! The scenic look you get up there is just fantastic. I would like to go to St. Louis again, just to experience that one more time. And I would definitely check out the blues music scene. I didn't become a TRUE blues fan until the mid 1990's, and had no interest at all in the music when I was in high school.
I went to St Louis back in 1991 because i was hired by McDonnell Douglas to go overseas to Saudi Arabia. Spent 3 months there in St Louis, taking courses on the depot maintenance for their F-15s. Lots of fun times there....

Joe Farmer

You won't find anything different here.

:welcome: Joe...

I also have some fond memories of St Louis... Lived in several locations in central Illinois in my yute during the early 60's...
No brothers or sisters, just my early introduction to Rock & Roll on my
1587505258901.png

listening to KXOK 630 on your AM dial...
1587505212263.png

Another sweet spot was the St. Louis Cardinals... I was fortunate enough to go to Busch Memorial Stadium (1966-1995) in '66' and a few years after that... Ken Boyer, Tim McCarver and Bob Gibson just to name a few...
Life was good...

Forum List

Back