Looking for a new Forum

Joe Farmer

Rookie
Apr 21, 2020
I'm a conservative from St. Louis, and have been a frequent poster on a local forum there, but it seems to have become nothing more than a group of people who find it more entertaining to insult each other than to discuss the topics of the day. Looking forward to reading other points of view.

Joe Farmer

Welcome Joe! Plenty of insults here too but enough interesting threads to make it worthwhile IMO.
I take it from your name that you're a runner. Me too, just ran my virtual marathon in St. Louis a couple weeks ago. My wife was supposed to run Boston yesterday, but it just wasn't to be. Hoping that the September reschedule wasn't too optimistic.

Welcome Joe! Plenty of insults here too but enough interesting threads to make it worthwhile IMO.
I take it from your name that you're a runner. Me too, just ran my virtual marathon in St. Louis a couple weeks ago. My wife was supposed to run Boston yesterday, but it just wasn't to be. Hoping that the September reschedule wasn't too optimistic.
Great! So I've run a lot of marathons but never did a virtual one. How does that work? Congrats to your wife for qualifying for Boston. Bummer she has to go into a new training cycle. I'm Not sure if she's run it yet but if she hasn't I can tell you it is a fantastic experience. I've run it twice and they were two of the best days of my life.

Basically, a virtual one is more or less a solo run. With the races all being canceled, the race directors have come up with this way of sort of allowing participants to still get their shirts and medals, because most races are not offering refunds. So, I ran 26.2 miles around St. Louis. It was much more difficult than a real race, as there were no water stations, no crowd support or street closures, and no fellow runners to keep company with along the way. After posting my time on the GO! St. Louis website, they sent me my shirt and medal. As for Boston, I'm too slow to qualify, and I'm not interested in fund raising. But, my wife is a jackrabbit and ran it in 2018. Now that was one crazy day to run!

I'm a conservative from St. Louis, and have been a frequent poster on a local forum there, but it seems to have become nothing more than a group of people who find it more entertaining to insult each other than to discuss the topics of the day. Looking forward to reading other points of view.

Joe Farmer

How do you define "conservative"? Like "Jeb Bush" conservative, "Mitt Romney" conservative, "Donald Trump" conservative, or "Ronald Reagan" conservative?

And welcome.

Joe Farmer
Stay on here, Joe. We have plenty of intelligent conservatives that post on here, this more than makes up for the miscreants that post on these threads. And welcome to the site!

Basically, a virtual one is more or less a solo run. With the races all being canceled, the race directors have come up with this way of sort of allowing participants to still get their shirts and medals, because most races are not offering refunds. So, I ran 26.2 miles around St. Louis. It was much more difficult than a real race, as there were no water stations, no crowd support or street closures, and no fellow runners to keep company with along the way. After posting my time on the GO! St. Louis website, they sent me my shirt and medal. As for Boston, I'm too slow to qualify, and I'm not interested in fund raising. But, my wife is a jackrabbit and ran it in 2018. Now that was one crazy day to run!
Yikes 26.2 on your own without support, my hat's off to you. Oh yeah a few friends of mine ran Boston in 2018. The weather was awful wasn't it?

Joe Farmer
You plan to introduce facts to a Liberal??

How do you define "conservative"? Like "Jeb Bush" conservative, "Mitt Romney" conservative, "Donald Trump" conservative, or "Ronald Reagan" conservative?

And welcome.
Hah, is that a trick question? Bush and Romney are not conservatives! Anyway, I do support the President. And I always loved Reagan.

Did I say "welcome" yet?

:auiqs.jpg:

And welcome.
Hah, is that a trick question? Bush and Romney are not conservatives! Anyway, I do support the President. And I always loved Reagan.
Yep, you ARE a REAL conservative! Enjoy your time on this site.

Joe Farmer
You came to the wrong place....

A virtual marathon? Is that done online? And does it result in very tired thumbs?

Joe Farmer
You came to the wrong place....
But give it a try anyway.

Joe Farmer

I've always liked St. Louis. There's something magical about crossing that long bridge over the Mississippi River and realizing you're in the South now. It's like once you've crossed that bridge, a whole new world of possibilities opens up to you.

Forum List

Back