Lockdowns Did Not Work

we also have to work to afford to buy the products. and for that we need to end the stay at home shit/ fiasco. that damaged over 30 million where the virus affected thousands. imbeciles.
Do what the government just did with the cares act. Put it on your credit card. You'll pay it back later. Just like the government.

Don't worry. Be happy. Deficits don't matter.
go live in russia and china then, that isn't the US of A. what a flea you are, or is it nat? hmmmmmm

That is ancient history. We live in modern times. SARS and Bird Flu we did really well. Stop being such a chicken.

We had the people and the resources in place for those pandemics. Testing, vaccines, medications. We didn't have to "flatten the curve" to keep from overwhelming the medical system.
we didn't overwhelm the medical system. they are furloughing nurses and doctors. you're a sheep.
We didn't overwhelm the medical system because we shut down the country and put people on lockdown.

Which is what disproved the OP in the first place.

We went from an exponential curve that would overwhelm the medical system, to your admitting it didn't happen, and the curve got flattened. And there is only one reason for that success. LOCKDOWN

It worked. Case closed.
LOCKDOWN? People were still going to grocery stores and drug stores? Many still going to work. This was not a true "lockdown" stop it.

Last time I went shopping at my neighborhood Safeway, all but one of the 50 or so other shoppers was wearing a face mask and they had plexiglass to protect the checkers with plenty of sanitizer hand wipes. Also markers on the floors indicating social distancing requirement.

That doesn't make grocery shopping 100% safe, but it definitely helps - We gotta eat!

Exactly the same here in smalltown Appalachia. My particular county has yet to record its first case, and we intend to keep it that way.

That is ancient history. We live in modern times. SARS and Bird Flu we did really well. Stop being such a chicken.

We had the people and the resources in place for those pandemics. Testing, vaccines, medications. We didn't have to "flatten the curve" to keep from overwhelming the medical system.
we didn't overwhelm the medical system. they are furloughing nurses and doctors. you're a sheep.
We didn't overwhelm the medical system because we shut down the country and put people on lockdown.

We went from an exponential curve that would overwhelm the medical system, to your admitting it didn't happen, and the curve got flattened. And there is only one reason for that success. LOCKDOWN

It worked. Case closed.
LOCKDOWN? People were still going to grocery stores and drug stores? Many still going to work. This was not a true "lockdown" stop it.

Last time I went shopping at my neighborhood Safeway, all but one of the 50 or so other shoppers was wearing a face mask and they had plexiglass to protect the checkers with plenty of sanitizer hand wipes. Also markers on the floors indicating social distancing requirement.

That doesn't make grocery shopping 100% safe, but it definitely helps - We gotta eat!
In MA it is very open. I may be touching a bag of chips that 10 other people touched.

Yep, I carry a little bottle of Purell in my pocket and use frequently when I'm out and about. Yesterday I went to the nursery for a bunch of spring flowers. Those guys are really booming. When I saw parking lot was almost full, popped on a face mask and gloves. People gotta pick up 12 annuals and closely inspect before they choose one. Ick!

Nursing homes and prisons proves the lockdown point. Had the nurses and prison guards been prevented from going home, and coming back with the virus, those places wouldn't have gotten infected.
no it doesn't at all, it invalidates, the last place you should be is locked up. that's what that says. your numbers punk
This is like the Presidents "lockdown" from China. Where he let 40,000 americans and legal residents back into the country from China.

A real "lockdown" would have kept them out, and stopped the spread. Lockdowns work, but a leaky lockdown is not a real lockdown, and hence make it look like a lockdown doesn't work.

It worked. Case closed.

Exactly the same here in smalltown Appalachia. My particular county has yet to record its first case, and we intend to keep it that way.

You live in Drumpf Country. That can't be a whole lotta fun.
Maybe you could trade houses with Zog in Boston? ;)

original.jpg

I just gave you the numbers. The projected cases were cut 90% because of the lockdown.

If that isn't proof it worked, nothing will convince you.
projected isn't actual. you had no data to make any projection about. you're an imbecile like all of them. ignorant to math and science at that.
Most data is projected, from GDP to the national debt. When we prepared to invade Japan in WWII the million casualties were projected. But as Dr Birx and Dr. Fauci said, the models get changed as the conditions change and they have new data to support their projections.

And the projections without a lockdown vs with a lockdown, showed a 90% effectiveness. That's four times better than any coronavirus drug.

we also have to work to afford to buy the products. and for that we need to end the stay at home shit/ fiasco. that damaged over 30 million where the virus affected thousands. imbeciles.
Do what the government just did with the cares act. Put it on your credit card. You'll pay it back later. Just like the government.

Good ol' Prick Cheney eh? Yep, debt and deficits are what we've gotten with every Republican president since Reagan.
Donnie doubled the fiscal deficit after Obama cut it in half. D's will have to clean things up again starting in 2021.

Now the World Health Organization (WHO) is finally “admitting” the effectiveness of Sweden’s approach to fighting coronavirus. Maybe because just yesterday Trump was criticizing Sweden's approach

Uh nnnnnnnnnnno, it isn't. We did this earlier. Wanna see some highlights?

Hm.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Sweden21,092+7902,586+1241,00517,5015312,088256119,50011,833
Norway7,738+28210+3327,496371,42739172,58631,835
Finland4,995+89211+53,0001,784489023893,90016,947
Faeroe Islands18718433,8276,963142,500
If this wasn't so tragic for the world, it would be funny. We need to go back to common sense and stop listening to these "experts" who keep changing their minds. Fuck them. I'm not wearing a mask, I'm not getting the vaccine, and I've gone out every god damn day and will continue to do so. These morons have TOTALLY screwed us. We should have done what Sweden did, which is exactly what the WHO is saying now.

Well no he didn't say anything of the sort:

Dr. Michael Ryan: (41:16)
Thank you. I think two things here. I think there’s a perception out there that Sweden has not put in place control measures and has just allowed the disease to spread. Nothing could be further from the truth. Sweden has put in place a very strong public health policy around physical distancing, around caring and protecting for people in long-term facilities and many of the things. What it has done differently is that it’s very much relied on its relationship with its citizenry, and the ability and willingness of citizens to implement physical distancing and to self regulate, if you want to use that word. In that sense, they’ve implemented public policy through that partnership with the population.
and
Dr. Michael Ryan: (44:52)
But again, I wanted just to emphasize, Sweden has not avoided controlling COVID-19. It’s taken a very strong, strategic approach to controlling COVID-19 across all of the elements of society. What it has done differently is it really, really has trusted its own communities to implement that physical distancing. That is something that remains to be seen whether that will be fully successful or not.

Last edited:
Good ol' Prick Cheney eh? Yep, debt and deficits are what we've gotten with every Republican president since Reagan.
Donnie doubled the fiscal deficit after Obama cut it in half. D's will have to clean things up again starting in 2021.

I just gave you the numbers. The projected cases were cut 90% because of the lockdown.

If that isn't proof it worked, nothing will convince you.
projected isn't actual. you had no data to make any projection about. you're an imbecile like all of them. ignorant to math and science at that.
Most data is projected, from GDP to the national debt. When we prepared to invade Japan in WWII the million casualties were projected. But as Dr Birx and Dr. Fauci said, the models get changed as the conditions change and they have new data to support their projections.

And the projections without a lockdown vs with a lockdown, showed a 90% effectiveness. That's four times better than any coronavirus drug.
yep and no precedence to do anything based on previous viruses. zip. nadda. they projected that new york would be underwater today, and nope!!! you keep your projections, you be stupid.

always trying to clean up a demofks mess. yep

Now the World Health Organization (WHO) is finally “admitting” the effectiveness of Sweden’s approach to fighting coronavirus. Maybe because just yesterday Trump was criticizing Sweden's approach

Uh nnnnnnnnnnno, it isn't. We did this earlier. Wanna see some highlights?
sure show us

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash? Evidence shows not for everyone but for most, lockdowns don't change your odds. Don't kill the messenger.
You don't catch the virus by going outside, dope.
When did I say "outside"? Learn to read.
Hmm....
You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash?

Don't let Swedens success fool you. They're sheep, and when ordered to socially distance, they socially distanced.

They were sheep when it came to their gun rights too.

It is illegal for a civilian in Sweden to carry a firearm, unless for a specific, legal purpose;such as hunting or attending shooting ranges. To transport firearms, there are rules to adhere to;the general regulations are that the gun must be unloaded, hidden and transported in a safe and secure way under supervision.

Americans are not sheep, they are too independent to voluntarily do what the government says. Hence the lockdown to force them to. After all, we don't voluntarily pay taxes either.

yep and no precedence to do anything based on previous viruses. zip. nadda. they projected that new york would be underwater today, and nope!!! you keep your projections, you be stupid.
You seem to think that projections are garbage. Well tell that to the crew of apollo 13, whose survival was based on NASA's projections of power and fuel and life support.

Projections are real, and the 90% effectiveness of the lockdown (as leaky as it was) was proved.

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?

I do know I am healthy.
I don't have it, so I can't spread it.
If I am not allowed to go to my second home, or to visit my neighbor, or go on a lake... yes, I am ordered to stay at home.
Of course I did. That's why I am healthy.

Only a test can prove you don't have it now or have not had it in the past.

Not true. Incubation period for corona virus is 2-14 days. For comparison, that period for flu is 1-4 days.

What if you've been isolated and away from other people for 14 days, or a month?

Simply, you don't have it. Neither one, corona virus or flu.

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash? Evidence shows not for everyone but for most, lockdowns don't change your odds. Don't kill the messenger.
You don't catch the virus by going outside, dope.
When did I say "outside"? Learn to read.
Hmm....
You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash?
Prior post and outside meaning outside your house not outside into the woods. You’re really that dumb? Don’t answer that.

It worked. Case closed.

Record and not have one are not the same thing. 85% of people show mild to no symptoms

Forum List

Back