Lockdowns Did Not Work

What you forget are those "FACTS" are based on the environment of lockdown and not what the virus would be doing without a lockdown.

You're disproving the OP. The original projections were for 1 - 2 millions deaths in the US from the coronavirus. Now that estimate is down to 60K - 120K, because of the lockdowns.

Since the other guy loves "numbers" that means lockdowns are over 90% effective.

Every day there are more indicators that the actual number of deaths from corona virus is about quarter of what "official" count is.

You may die in car accident, but if they test you for corona virus post mortem, you will be counted as COVID-19 death.

For comparion...

Total US deaths Jan-Apr 2018 ----- 630,973
Total US deaths Jan-Apr 2020 ----- 610,693

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?

I do know I am healthy.
I don't have it, so I can't spread it.
If I am not allowed to go to my second home, or to visit my neighbor, or go on a lake... yes, I am ordered to stay at home.
Of course I did. That's why I am healthy.
looks like playtime wanted you dead.

Do I look like I care what he wants? ;)

"Bird flu" >>> "chicken". Bwahaha, fowl language in the quote nest. Cackle cackle.
Avian Influenza?
The president called the pandemic a "war". And this has becomes Trumps vietnam, with more dead americans than we had in vietnam. And the war is far from over, and ending the lockdown is like surrendering, and becoming prisoners of war.

You're comparing it to Vietnam?

Than these would be battles, right.... ?

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash? Evidence shows not for everyone but for most, lockdowns don't change your odds. Don't kill the messenger.
You don't catch the virus by going outside, dope.
When did I say "outside"? Learn to read.
Hmm....
You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash?
Prior post and outside meaning outside your house not outside into the woods. You’re really that dumb? Don’t answer that.
Prior post and outside meaning outside your house not outside into the woods. You’re really that dumb? Don’t answer that.
It's the post I responded to, dope.
Either way you don't catch it by going outside.

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash? Evidence shows not for everyone but for most, lockdowns don't change your odds. Don't kill the messenger.
You don't catch the virus by going outside, dope.
When did I say "outside"? Learn to read.
Hmm....
You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash?
It's the post I responded to, dope.
Either way you don't catch it by going outside.
You won't catch it at a grocery or hardware store? Why? You don't know who touched those tomatoes or paint brushes before you?? You are a typical leftist. Stupid.

You won't catch it at a grocery or hardware store? Why? You don't know who touched those tomatoes or paint brushes before you?? You are a typical leftist. Stupid.
Quit while you're behind. You just said outside your house to get the mail, dope.

Since the other guy loves "numbers" that means lockdowns are over 90% effective.
Every day there are more indicators that the actual number of deaths from corona virus is about quarter of what "official" count is.

You may die in car accident, but if they test you for corona virus post mortem, you will be counted as COVID-19 death.

For comparion...

First, the number of car accidents because of lockdowns and travel restrictions are way down, probably down by 10K per quarter.

Annual United States Road Crash Statistics
More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants. An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.

For comparion...

Even if you take every driving fatality as being from the coronavirus (they just assume so without testing) how much would that change the numbers?

Only by 10%.

For comparion...

First, the number of car accidents because of lockdowns and travel restrictions are way down, probably down by 10K per quarter.

Annual United States Road Crash Statistics
More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants. An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.

You completely missed the point.

Those are not car accident deaths, those are ALL deaths in the US during the same period in 2018, and 2020.

For comparion...

Even if you take every driving fatality as being from the coronavirus (they just assume so without testing) how much would that change the numbers?

Only by 10%.

Who is talking about driving fatalities? Just you.

You may die from cancer, but if but if they test you for corona virus post mortem, you will be counted as COVID-19 death.

Total of ALL deaths in US in Jan-Apr period in 2020 is lower that total of ALL deaths in the same period of 2018.

You completely missed the point.

Those are not car accident deaths, those are ALL deaths in the US during the same period in 2018, and 2020.

The criteria for testing is that the patient be "symptomatic", fever, dry cough, etc. Unless a car crash victim shows those symptoms, they would not test them, whether they died or recovered.

Are the numbers wrong? Probably. But they're off by no more than 10%-15%.

Which doesn't change the situation by much. This isn't like an election where 1000 votes out of millions can make a difference.

Quit while you're behind. You just said outside your house to get the mail, dope.
I said grocery store too. I have said it multiple times in that context. Go and check since you have nothing better to do. Stupid Leftist.

I said grocery store too. I have said it multiple times in that context. Go and check since you have nothing better to do. Stupid Leftist.

And even there, the risk is based on the product you're touching. Most standard products, such as in cans, or boxes, only have multiple touches for comparison shopping (calories / sodium / sugar / fat / protein) the rest are touched only by the customer. I would be worried about fresh fruit and vegetables, where people touch half of them before selecting.

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!
Great thinking.........not. Not all States are equal in the threat.

You Trumpettes are just plain dumber than shit.

And even there, the risk is based on the product you're touching. Most standard products, such as in cans, or boxes, only have multiple touches for comparison shopping (calories / sodium / sugar / fat / protein) the rest are touched only by the customer. I would be worried about fresh fruit and vegetables, where people touch half of them before selecting.
BINGO!!! There you have it.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

ZERO to do with Trump. You have to bring him into every discussion because you suffer from TDS.

Open the country!

ZERO to do with Trump. You have to bring him into every discussion because you suffer from TDS.

Trump supporters as a group are dumber than shit. Not my fault.

Forum List

Back