Lockdowns Did Not Work

That is ancient history. We live in modern times. SARS and Bird Flu we did really well. Stop being such a chicken.

We had the people and the resources in place for those pandemics. Testing, vaccines, medications. We didn't have to "flatten the curve" to keep from overwhelming the medical system.
we didn't overwhelm the medical system. they are furloughing nurses and doctors. you're a sheep.
We didn't overwhelm the medical system because we shut down the country and put people on lockdown.

Which is what disproved the OP in the first place.

We went from an exponential curve that would overwhelm the medical system, to your admitting it didn't happen, and the curve got flattened. And there is only one reason for that success. LOCKDOWN

It worked. Case closed.
LOCKDOWN? People were still going to grocery stores and drug stores? Many still going to work. This was not a true "lockdown" stop it.

Any problem starts with a single instance. At which point you could claim it's only one in billions, whether AIDS, or Spanish flu, or the coronavirus.

Downplaying the early stages only means we don't prepare for the onslaught when it goes exponential.
How many other diseases did we have that fizzled out? We didn't lock the world down over AIDS. COVID is a cold. COVID-19 is a really really really bad cold.

We didn't lock the world down because we didn't know better. That's why the black plague killed 1/3rd of all the people on earth, and the Spanish flu killed 1/30th of the population.
That is ancient history. We live in modern times. SARS and Bird Flu we did really well. Stop being such a chicken.

"Bird flu" >>> "chicken". Bwahaha, fowl language in the quote nest. Cackle cackle.
Avian Influenza?

I had a little bird
Its name was Enza
I opened the window
And influenza

--- children's play rhyme, 1918 -- for those still alive to chant it

Last edited:

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Those seven states that did not adopt stay at home policies are more rural and more isolated. Had they adopted the same policies as California and Washington State early on, its likely several of these states would have suffered no deaths at all to coronavirus.

You want a real example about how travel bans and proper testing, contact tracing and isolation policies work, look at TAIWAN!

TAIWAN is a country of 24 million people more exposed to China than any other country in the world. John Hopkins University predicted TAIWAN would have a higher infection rate and death rate than any country in the world. Instead this is what happened thanks to TAIWAN's anti-pandemic policies:

TAIWAN total infections: 429
TAIWAN total deaths: 6

Now compare that to the United States:

UNITED STATES total infections: 849,092
UNITED STATES total deaths: 47,681

Taiwan proves that early travel bans, testing, contact tracing, and isolation when needed works. TAIWAN successfully protected its population, while the United States remains in an ongoing national crises it has never seen before with human health and economic side effects on a massive scale. TRUMP failed and the scale of Trump's failure is reflected In the difference between the number of deaths in TAIWAN from coronavirus vs. the number of deaths in the United States from coronavirus.

But TAIWAAAAANNN!

Yes, they reacted early, because of their traditional distrust to China. But they're also disciplined people, who care about their country, and not to mention homogeneous country with no racial problems.

Can you compare New York City and Tokyo?

As of today, city of New York has 12287 deaths.
Tokyo, the world's largest and densest city, has 93 deaths.

New York is locked down.
Tokyo was never locked down.

Both cities got the virus about the same time, yet New York city death rate is over 250 times higher than Tokyo's.

Apparently, virus is not biggest problem. The filth is.

Actually, New York City has over 18,000 deaths as of today and many speculate there have been thousands more deaths in New York City that are unaccounted for. Japan like Taiwan put in place travel bans and restrictions and have done a better job at finding the virus and isolating those infected. That explains the difference between Tokyo and New York City. Donald Trump let the virus penetrate the country too deeply in the early stages. New York City has the largest exposure to the outside world being a travel hub. Once the population was deeply penetrated, the number of cases overwhelmed New York's ability to test, contact trace and isolate people. Because Japan PREVENTED deep penetration of the virus into the country in the early stages, they have been able to manage it with testing, contact tracing, and isolation.

TAIWAN only has 99 active cases now in a country of 24 million people. By the end of this month, the virus won't even exist in Taiwan based on the latest projections.
We currently have 19 deaths per 100k in the US. 0.0195%. Don't be such a snowflake.

Were currently in a lockdown without which the Virus could kill nearly 1% of the U.S. population by August, 2.4 million people. Plus, that is just the first wave. The virus is a serious threat because of its capacity to kill millions of Americans over the next two years WITHOUT lockdowns and mitigation efforts.
You don't know that. You're guessing the numbers I gave you are actual facts. And if I increase those numbers by 2.5x! Or 160k deaths that is still only 48 per 100k. 85% of the population has mild to no symptoms. Of the deaths, 82% are 65+ and 94% had preexisting conditions.

This is simple math. I am not making any other guesses. And the lockdowns weren't 100%. My wife and I still go to the grocery stores and my kids still hang with their friends. What we reduced was large group gatherings, nothing more.

YOU DON'T EITHER. Its the best calculation based on the best SCIENCE we have. If you want to save and protect as many people as possible, you have to plan for worst case situations. There is often much uncertainty when it comes to planning and strategy in a crises. You have to estimate what could happen, and then make a plan based on that.
I don't. So I am giving you current mathematical facts only. Not drawing any conclusions. You are. I am not even estimating. I am just saying if the toll increases by 2.5x the number would still be tiny.

Georgia, TN, and CO will be good experiments.

What you forget are those "FACTS" are based on the environment of lockdown and not what the virus would be doing without a lockdown.
I already explained to you that Doctors disagree with you. Only time will tell if I am right or you're right. Why do disagree with that?

Would that be Doctor Oz and Doctor Phil? :)

"Bird flu" >>> "chicken". Bwahaha, fowl language in the quote nest. Cackle cackle.
Avian Influenza?
The president called the pandemic a "war". And this has becomes Trumps vietnam, with more dead americans than we had in vietnam. And the war is far from over, and ending the lockdown is like surrendering, and becoming prisoners of war.

And this time he can't get a doctor to write a note about "astonishingly excellent bone spurs" so that he can wage his "personal Vietnam" in the sex clubs of New Yawk.

Quick question...................if Trump is handling the virus problem so well, why is it that the US has 1/3 of the COVID 19 infections world wide? We don't have 1/3 of the worlds population.
fudged numbers, it's what demofks do best. BTW, there is evidence to that.

it's not the number of votes that matters, it is how you count them.
Meat packing used to report they had only a couple of coronavirus positive employees. Then they started widespread testing and some companies went from a few, to almost 1/3rd of their workers infected.

The more we test, the higher the numbers go. So is the truth based on ignorance, or on knowledge?

The recent testing on prisoners and assisted living facilities was even worse. Some around 75% infected.

Quick question...................if Trump is handling the virus problem so well, why is it that the US has 1/3 of the COVID 19 infections world wide? We don't have 1/3 of the worlds population.
fudged numbers, it's what demofks do best. BTW, there is evidence to that.

it's not the number of votes that matters, it is how you count them.
Meat packing used to report they had only a couple of coronavirus positive employees. Then they started widespread testing and some companies went from a few, to almost 1/3rd of their workers infected.

The more we test, the higher the numbers go. So is the truth based on ignorance, or on knowledge?

The recent testing on prisoners and assisted living facilities was even worse. Some around 75% infected.
yeah because all of those people aren't stay in home all the time. funny how the count seems to affect the stay at home people the most. amazing. it isn't logical. but when numbers really don't matter, it's what happens.

We had the people and the resources in place for those pandemics. Testing, vaccines, medications. We didn't have to "flatten the curve" to keep from overwhelming the medical system.
we didn't overwhelm the medical system. they are furloughing nurses and doctors. you're a sheep.
We didn't overwhelm the medical system because we shut down the country and put people on lockdown.

We went from an exponential curve that would overwhelm the medical system, to your admitting it didn't happen, and the curve got flattened. And there is only one reason for that success. LOCKDOWN

It worked. Case closed.
you don't know shit about what any of the numbers means. you can't justify the lockdown since you have no data to say it was worse. I can say however, that implementing it caused many more deaths. especially in stay at home facilities. Nursing homes and prisons. amazing, those that can't get out and about got it. that's fking insane right? how the fk does that happen? hmmmmmmmm

It worked. Case closed.
LOCKDOWN? People were still going to grocery stores and drug stores? Many still going to work. This was not a true "lockdown" stop it.

Last time I went shopping at my neighborhood Safeway, all but one of the 50 or so other shoppers was wearing a face mask and they had plexiglass to protect the checkers with plenty of sanitizer hand wipes. Also markers on the floors indicating social distancing requirement.

That doesn't make grocery shopping 100% safe, but it definitely helps - We gotta eat!

Any problem starts with a single instance. At which point you could claim it's only one in billions, whether AIDS, or Spanish flu, or the coronavirus.

Downplaying the early stages only means we don't prepare for the onslaught when it goes exponential.
How many other diseases did we have that fizzled out? We didn't lock the world down over AIDS. COVID is a cold. COVID-19 is a really really really bad cold.

We didn't lock the world down because we didn't know better. That's why the black plague killed 1/3rd of all the people on earth, and the Spanish flu killed 1/30th of the population.

Avian Influenza?

I had a little bird
Its name was Enza
I opened the window
And influenza

--- children's play rhyme, 1918 -- for those still alive to chant it

Thought you might enjoy today's PDB - Pluto Daily Briefing. :cool:

It worked. Case closed.
Don't play the fool. Your version of a "lockdown" is purely twilight zone. Where nobody goes to work.

It worked. Case closed.

Last time I went shopping at my neighborhood Safeway, all but one of the 50 or so other shoppers was wearing a face mask and they had plexiglass to protect the checkers with plenty of sanitizer hand wipes. Also markers on the floors indicating social distancing requirement.

That doesn't make grocery shopping 100% safe, but it definitely helps - We gotta eat!
we also have to work to afford to buy the products. and for that we need to end the stay at home shit/ fiasco. that damaged over 30 million where the virus affected thousands. imbeciles.

yeah because all of those people aren't stay in home all the time. funny how the count seems to affect the stay at home people the most. amazing. it isn't logical. but when numbers really don't matter, it's what happens.

Nursing homes and prisons proves the lockdown point. Had the nurses and prison guards been prevented from going home, and coming back with the virus, those places wouldn't have gotten infected.

you don't know shit about what any of the numbers means. you can't justify the lockdown since you have no data to say it was worse. I can say however, that implementing it caused many more deaths. especially in stay at home facilities. Nursing homes and prisons. amazing, those that can't get out and about got it. that's fking insane right? how the fk does that happen? hmmmmmmmm
I just gave you the numbers. The projected cases were cut 90% because of the lockdown.

If that isn't proof it worked, nothing will convince you.

It worked. Case closed.

In MA it is very open. I may be touching a bag of chips that 10 other people touched.

Nursing homes and prisons proves the lockdown point. Had the nurses and prison guards been prevented from going home, and coming back with the virus, those places wouldn't have gotten infected.
no it doesn't at all, it invalidates, the last place you should be is locked up. that's what that says. your numbers punk

It worked. Case closed.
Don't play the fool. Your version of a "lockdown" is purely twilight zone. Where nobody goes to work.
That was how India had it. People can still work remotely. Food may be delivered. But our lockdown was more or less a diminishing of gatherings vs. a true lockdown.

Before my 14 day lockdown, I went shopping and had to wait on line outside the supermarket, and again outside the pharmacy, because they were only letting a certain number of people in the store at any one time. And yes, they had social distancing lines set up along the sidewalk.

It worked. Case closed.
That was how India had it. People can still work remotely. Food may be delivered. But our lockdown was more or less a diminishing of gatherings vs. a true lockdown.
and our immune systems have been damaged because of it. herd immunity is necessary, without other diseases and bacteria will take people out. it's sad. bigly historically

we also have to work to afford to buy the products. and for that we need to end the stay at home shit/ fiasco. that damaged over 30 million where the virus affected thousands. imbeciles.
Do what the government just did with the cares act. Put it on your credit card. You'll pay it back later. Just like the government.

Don't worry. Be happy. Deficits don't matter.

I just gave you the numbers. The projected cases were cut 90% because of the lockdown.

If that isn't proof it worked, nothing will convince you.
projected isn't actual. you had no data to make any projection about. you're an imbecile like all of them. ignorant to math and science at that.

Forum List

Back