Liz Cheney says Trump appears to have been ‘personally involved in planning’ 6 Jan insurrection

I did not say you were covering for Trump IF you don’t answer the questions, I wrote that I have to assume that you don’t have an answer that can support “Normalizing” your client DJT. If you can answer the question I will review them to see if they support your effort to normalize Trump by abnormalizing the members of the Committee. The potential for bias in the committee to you it seems is evil intent / not fair to the perpetual victim of the deep state establishment but also to you ThisIsMe , DJT’s “misunderstanding” that he won the election that caused all the trouble, violence and bloodshed on Jan6 had nothing to do with DJT’s bias - DJT’s bias unto himself and his self interest and the perpetuation of the Trump political anti-establishment brand. #
If you can answer the question I will review them to see if they support your effort to normalize Trump by abnormalizing the members of the Committee.

Yeah, I'm speaking out against the committee because I believe them to be predisposed to an outcome. I am not, however, normalizing, Trump. My whole debate with you has been only about the integrity of the committee, and I have stated multiple times now that if I had confidence that the Committee was not biased and actively looking to find Trump guilty, id be supportive of it.

The potential for bias in the committee to you it seems is evil intent

Exactly, there is biased intent, I guess you could call it evil. Again, I asked you earlier, if you were being investigated by people who hated you and have stated that they wish to see you in prison, would you accepting of that investigation?

Bullcrap! The Eastman Plan was defined by DJT at the rally and Eastman himself riled up the crowd before DJT Spoke: 21OCT31-POST#658

Shame on you for not knowing any of this until now. I thought you were interested in acquiring the truth. I wrote this in March 21OCT31-POST#658

NFBW wrote: They were there in numbers (unarmed by law) to pressure Pence to steal it. 21MAR20-POST#301

January 6, 2021 8:17 a.m.: Trump tweets: "States want to correct their votes, which they now know were based on irregularities and fraud, plus corrupt process never received legislative approval. All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!"

NFBW wrote: And then live to the crowd DJT reminds the mob what Pence had to do:

Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do, all this is, this is from the number one, or certainly one of the top, Constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution. - - - States want to revote. The states got defrauded, They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people.”

djtqriot1 copied and pasted from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-01-13/transcript-of-trumps-speech-at-rally-before-us-capitol-riot?context=amp

NFBW wrote: But Pence defied the President and IGNORED the angry crowd. At about 1 PM he issued this statement on his way to the Capitol

"my considered judgement that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not."

NFBW wrote: The brave Trumpism patriots stormed the Capitol to stop the steal themselves and hang Mike Pence as a traitor to Constitutional Trumpism

(DoD Memo) 1:26 p.m.: The Capitol Police orders the evacuation of the Capitol complex.

NFBW wrote They left their guns in Virginia but they had or found other weapons and the gallows set up to hang Mike Pence.

January 6, 2021 8:17 a.m.: Trump tweets: "States want to correct their votes, which they now know were based on irregularities and fraud, plus corrupt process never received legislative approval. All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!"
I thought you were interested in acquiring the truth. I wrote this in March

I am, but, for the past week, I have been trying to have a conversation about the biased nature of the committee, but you guys keep trying, with all of your might to pull the discussion over to facts about the case. I keep trying to pull it back to my original topic, and you guys keep trying to pull it the other way.

Yes, I admit, I've not been keeping up with the ins and outs of the case, but I have been trying NOT to discuss the facts of the case. YOU guys keep taking it there.

Here, I'll clear it up for you...I don't know the timeline, I don't know the facts of the case, I didn't watch the rally, I didn't watch the riot that followed, I havent watched the trials, I haven't watched the press events. I haven't kept up with any of that. What I DO know is that since the beginning of trumps presidency, the dems have been trying to get him out of office. They have impeached him twice, once for the very investigation that is going on right now. Most of the dems.have publicly stated their disdain for Trump and their desire to see him barred from ever holding office again. Most of them, including the people on this committee do not like Trump and want him out of the running for president.

In all my posts, THAT is what I have been trying to discuss, but you guys keep on wanting to go another direction.

No, I am not defending Trump, since I'm not really a fan, I have no dog in this fight. Whether or not he goes to prison, or is ever elected to anything ever again, I don't care. The world will go on without him. The ONLY thing I care about is the dems mission to ruin someone purely because they just hate the guy, and they will do anything in their power to make sure he is ruined, including conducting a biased and predisposed investigation.

I've stated multiple times now that I would have preferred that someone else had won instead of trump, you keep saying I voted for him and am a supporter. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.....

If the committee was fair and unbiased, I would support it, again, I've said this many times, again, I don't know how I can make it any clearer. I think you on the left are simply stuck on "if you don't condemn him, then you are a "trumper"". That is not the case. Again, I don't care what happens to Trump, other than this investigation is conducted fairly and the dems don't just railroad someone for political reasons.

So, if you prefer to not discuss what I am trying to discuss, then we can end this conversation.

I have stated multiple times now that if I had confidence that the Committee was not biased and actively looking to find Trump guilty, id be supportive of it.

The problem with your dilemma Is that the opposition Party is the most diverse multicultural Political Party. The diverse party is made up of people top to bottom that Trump has trashed for six years. So also top to bottom they justifiably hate him. His Party is made up essentially of one culture - the white Christian and wealthy corporate and business class culture and they could care less what he does to the opposition and against the Constitution. His party will never agree to investigate him as it exists so the only way we have a Congressional investigation is if the opposition party holds a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. So what you want is impossible unless the Republicans decide to put country over party. That ain’t happening.

Is she saying Trump planned to invade the capitol??? That's so stupid....Liz's career is over and she blames Trump for it but she has no one to blame but herself.....

Here, I'll clear it up for you...I don't know the timeline, I don't know the facts of the case, I didn't watch the rally, I didn't watch the riot that followed, I havent watched the trials, I haven't watched the press events. I haven't kept up with any of that.

So why did you take Bannon’s side? Attack Schiff?

ThisIsMe wrote: Again, as was previously mentioned, bannon left the white house years before the capitol riot, so, why even subpoena him? Why does schiff feel the need to threaten him, for something he had no part of? 21OCT12-POST#53

ThisIsMe wrote: Again, as was previously mentioned, bannon left the white house years before the capitol riot, so, why even subpoena him? Why does schiff feel the need to threaten him, for something he had no part of? 21OCT12-POST#53
Funny that we don't need to find the facts we do not yet have, yet he already knows the facts.

An honest, rational person would be forced to admit this egregious, fatal error in his argument. In addition to his entire argument being based on his initial error in misrepresenting the first committee that was proposed.

But he is not being honest or rational.

Show me where any of those plans involved an attack on the Capital, Leviticus! The Proud Boys were planning a confrontation with Antifa.
According to the messages they sent to each other, they were planning an operation on 1/6. On its own, thi could just be a reference to the rally itself, but they also give order tha any who chooses to take part must not wear clothing which would identify them as Prou Boys toprotect the group. If it were supposed to be a rally, they would want to display their colors.

Then one of leaders reminds them that police officers are the primary targets because they will pose the biggest threat. Odd words for a political rally huh.

According to the messages they sent to each other, they were planning an operation on 1/6. On its own, thi could just be a reference to the rally itself, but they also give order tha any who chooses to take part must not wear clothing which would identify them as Prou Boys toprotect the group. If it were supposed to be a rally, they would want to display their colors.

Then one of leaders reminds them that police officers are the primary targets because they will pose the biggest threat. Odd words for a political rally huh.
And why would they be talking about it at all? I mean, were they discussing what cool outfits they would wear together at the rally? Oh, that's right, our good congresspeople at issue here did not even attend.

Do you seriously not grasp the difference between planning to take part in a "rally" outside of the Capitol building in which they are worried they will come into conflict with Antifa groups...and planning an assault on the Capitol building itself?

And why would they be talking about it at all? I mean, were they discussing what cool outfits they would wear together at the rally? Oh, that's right, our good congresspeople at issue here did not even attend.
They're talking about being able identify each other in the event of a conflict, Fort. The conflict they appear to be most concerned about would be with Antifa groups.

But he is not being honest or rational.

NFBW wrote: Actually ThisIsMe got dangerously close to being that, this one time (next pars) 21OCT31-POST#673

ThisIsMe wrote: I agree, if Trumps intent was to have Pence decertify the election, that wasn't a good idea, they should have gone through the courts. 21OCT28-POST#478

NFBW wrote: But then again not being up on facts when he wrote that sentence he did not know that Trump on Jan6 expressed his ‘intent’ live in person to the mob and on Twitter that morning to have Pence decertify the election so that he and Pence would win. I watched DJT’s entire speech before the riot was underway that afternoon. I was standing in front of my TV part in Shock, part in sadness. I told my wife that DJT appears to be setting Americans up for civil war. She tells me it sounds like a perfect Putiin operation - She grew up in Russia - I was there in 2000 - I went with her and her father on election day when they both said they voted for Putin the very first time he ran. I live near DC 20 miles west of the White House. That day I had to pick up my laptop heading East towards DC. While driving I began to hear about violence at the Capitol - The mental image seared into my mind came when I was driving back home west on Rt I-66 on the eastbound lane it was high speed VIrginia State Troopers with sirens flashers roaring a few car lengths apart for miles / - hundreds of vehicles / - There were no cops left in Northern Va. Whatever was going on in DC was a big fucking deal. - - - back to what DJT said supposed to happen that day was he was going to protect the Constitution by declaring himself the winner and serving a second term. 21OCT31-POST#673

NFBW wrote: So why didn’t ThisIsMe not know about DJT’s intent to have Pence decertify the election? But worse that that - Why does ThisIsMe refer to decertification of the 2020 election as a “bad idea” ? Its telling a my multicultural political coalition that the mostly white coalition has the option to overturn the election when the proper real American mostly whitish Party does not win. Its not just a bad it’s a man made disaster for the sacred institution of American democracy. 21OCT31-POST#673

NFBW wrote: Whether or not DJT committed a crime can be settled when the facts are all in regardless of who gathers them. But ever since it happened no true American should support what DJT did ir try to write it off as no big deal - just a bad idea - move on.

Last edited:
And there is the irony. All of them ROOTED for this to succeed. Every one of them watched it live on TV and rooted and cheered for the insurrectionists.

But they perceive a slight bit of trouble for the high priest of the cult. So they go into human shield mode, reflexively, and oddly try to cover for and dismiss actions they supported and still support 100%

The grip Trump has on their brains is remarkable.
#becauseitsacult

They're talking about being able identify each other in the event of a conflict, Fort.

Are you suggesting they knew there was a solid chance of violence, and then didn't go straight to the authorities? That would be useful information, indeed.

I think I would try to put your idea in my case, if I were to prosecute the conresspeople.

In fact, the people at the rally, nor ANYONE had any idea that there was even a plan to try and reject electors. I don't recall that ever being mentioned until the book came out.
That is not a fact. They knew what the plan was and they knew the vice president wasn't going along with it which is why some were chanting, "hang Mike Pence," as they broke into the Capitol.

Trump, speaking at the Ellipse just prior to the storming of the Capitol.

And I’ll tell you. Thank you very much, John. Fantastic job. I watched. That’s a tough act to follow, those two. John is one of the most brilliant lawyers in the country, and he looked at this and he said, “What an absolute disgrace that this can be happening to our Constitution.” And he looked at Mike Pence, and I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so. Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do, all this is, this is from the number one, or certainly one of the top, Constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution. States want to revote. The states got defrauded, They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people.

[...]

And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be a, a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution.

[...]

By the way, Pennsylvania has now seen all of this. They didn’t know because it was so quick. They had a vote. They voted. But now they see all this stuff, it’s all come to light. Doesn’t happen that fast. And they want to recertify their votes. They want to recertify. But the only way that can happen is if Mike Pence agrees to send it back. Mike Pence has to agree to send it back.

(Audience chants: “Send it back.”)

[emphasis mine]

The problem with your dilemma Is that the opposition Party is the most diverse multicultural Political Party. The diverse party is made up of people top to bottom that Trump has trashed for six years. So also top to bottom they justifiably hate him. His Party is made up essentially of one culture - the white Christian and wealthy corporate and business class culture and they could care less what he does to the opposition and against the Constitution. His party will never agree to investigate him as it exists so the only way we have a Congressional investigation is if the opposition party holds a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. So what you want is impossible unless the Republicans decide to put country over party. That ain’t happening.
The problem with your dilemma Is that the opposition Party is the most diverse multicultural Political Party

I don't see what that has to do with what I'm trying to discuss.

The diverse party is made up of people top to bottom that Trump has trashed for six years.

That's your opinion, but has no bearing on what I'm discussing...although, it does kind of sound like you are trying to justify this as revenge. So, you are saying that this investigation is not only political hatred, but some kind of revenge?

So also top to bottom they justifiably hate him

And that justifies them going after Trump because they hate him?

His Party is made up essentially of one culture - the white Christian and wealthy corporate and business class culture and they could care less what he does to the opposition and against the Constitution.

There are all kinds of people in the republican party, and there are all kinds of wealthy people in the democratic party too.

And I disagree with your assertion that they don't care about the constitution. Honestly, both sides have gotten away from the true intent of the constitution, so, you can't put that on one side only.

His party will never agree to investigate him as it exists so the only way we have a Congressional investigation is if the opposition party holds a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

You're right, repubs would never investigate him on their own, just like the dems would never investigate one of their own either. Both sides are bad about that.

So what you want is impossible unless the Republicans decide to put country over party. That ain’t happening.

And you think the dems are noble enough to put country over party? Dems are no more noble than anyone else. BOTH parties have their corruption. Don't think that the dems are any better.

I hadn't realized that Bannon had re inserted himself back into the fray. I believe my post cleared all that up.

Again, I have been trying to keep my discussion focused around the question of the integrity of the committee, that is all.

She doesnt really provide a silver bullet in this statement but it really does look like that is the case. Bannon has an obligation to Trump and it is the logical conclusion.
I think that it might be alike that scene in A Few Good Men where Trump would want to scream at America.

"You cant handle the truth. SAD",

On a positive note it does appear that Liz and her friends have bollocks big enough to deal with this.
Trump's involvement in the planning is about as surprising as sunrise.

I do have a question about the Eastman memo, and the whole plan to send back the electors

This is JUST a question, because I don't know know the legality and what the constitution says about it.

Was there an actual crime? I mean, sure, it would have been a crappy thing to do, so was the national popular vote compact, but what crime was actually committed? I mean, pence never went through with it, so they crime was never actualized. What you have left would be conspiracy to commit a crime, but, in order to get that, wouldn't it require that the people conspiring to know what they were doing was illegal?

If you read the Eastman memo, what it does is cite all the violations of election laws that the states in question had committed, and give an outline for what pence could do in regards to only those states.

The memo outlines a plan based on their thought that the election had been stolen. It doesn't indicate that they knew they lost but plotted to send back the electors anyway in an effort to overturn the election.

Also, the Eastman memo does say that they would send those elections back to the States, for 7 to 10 days, so the states could look in to the errors, and IF they found the errors to be true, THEN they could send the other slate of electors.

So, if they really believed to election to be stolen and that the constitution gave pence the ability to reject electors based on that thought, then would you still be able to prove a crime, or a conspiracy to commit a crime?

Again, just asking. Someone with a legal background can answer this I'm sure.

Forum List

Back