Liz Cheney Future

I don't think she has any real constituency.... she got into Congress on her father's name, mostly.
Well, she used to have a constituency. That's why she was elected. And that is why she will lose because she no longer has one.

I read an article today (not really necessary to post the link) about Liz Cheney who has, more or less, accepted the fact that she will be soundly defeated in the soon to be Wyoming primaries, even with help from democrats. The article suggested that she has been actually looking past the 2022 primaries and working on building some kind of a framework to run for president in 2024, either on the Republican ticket, or running as an independent. I seriously doubt she would run for the Republican nomination because both leading pollers right now are Trump and Desantis, so, I don't see her with a lick of chance of winning the Republican nomination. The article implied that she would not change parties and run for the Democratic nomination. So, that leaves her with a possible option of running in 2024 as an independent. My question is this:

If she were to run as an independent in 2024, which side would she draw votes from? In other words, would she hurt the Republican nominee more or the Democratic nominee more? She probably thinks this would be paybacks against the Republican party for what they did to her, taking votes away from the Republican nominee and helping the Democratic nominee win the election. But, I'm not so sure it would come down like that. I think she would actually draw more votes from democratic voters than Republican voters, helping the Republican nominee win the election. What say you?
She is a pretty straight forward conservative. Her record on policy is very mainstream Republican so I’d think she would draw from Republican and independent voters. The only thing she differs from in her party with is she is critical of Trump while most the others tuck tail and kiss butt.

So, you agree with me then. Cheney would draw votes away from the dem nominee, helping to elect the Republican nominee.

I think she would draw more from the GOP nominee. She would draw those that are not fond of Trump but do not want to vote for a Dem

She is a pretty straight forward conservative. Her record on policy is very mainstream Republican so I’d think she would draw from Republican and independent voters. The only thing she differs from in her party with is she is critical of Trump while most the others tuck tail and kiss butt.
As I said in my OP, since both Trump and Desantis are the two biggest pollers right now, with no one else even being close, I don't see where she has enough support to win the nomination. Both Trump and Desantis come from a similar mold and that's who the Republican voters seem to want. The best I see her doing is coming in second and then winding up being an analyst for some media. That's the best, and that is being optimistic instead of realistic.

But but but, aren't they going to lock him up?
Plea bargain? That's his gig isn't it? No Jail time. Just a guilty plea.

Poor trumpybear

45qmey.jpg

As I said in my OP, since both Trump and Desantis are the two biggest pollers right now, with no one else even being close, I don't see where she has enough support to win the nomination. Both Trump and Desantis come from a similar mold and that's who the Republican voters seem to want. The best I see her doing is coming in second and then winding up being an analyst for some media. That's the best, and that is being optimistic instead of realistic.
She won’t win the nomination nor will she win as an independent. My guess is she is trying to build a following, many people run know full well they don’t have a chance of winning. But they make money and gain popularity and try to propel that into the next election cycle

I don't think she has any real constituency.... she got into Congress on her father's name, mostly.
People like Liz Cheney don't really live in Wyo. They fly in and out of Jackson Hole on private jets and stay in gated and privately policed communties, which is where she "lives."

Care to take a stab at answering the question in the OP?
I thought I did? She is a principled conservative so she has no support in either party. She has the respect of the Dems but they won't vote for her conservative policies. She has the ire of the GOP but they won't vote for her since she is seen as disloyal to Trump.

But but but the goal of this whole thing is to make sure that Trump doesn't run again. Are you saying democrats are going to fail at that?
Democrats are born to fail. Like the French are born to surrender and the Neo-GOP are born to opposition. No, the goal is to hold them accountable. Unless he is convicted of insurrection or rebellion there is nothing in the Constitution preventing him from running again. Republicans should kick him to the curb, tell the truth to those still under his spell. He lied.

She won’t win the nomination nor will she win as an independent. My guess is she is trying to build a following, many people run know full well they don’t have a chance of winning. But they make money and gain popularity and try to propel that into the next election cycle
I don't think she needs money, since she'll get half of Dick's loot from Iraq and Halliburton and here's her hubby....

Liz is like Benedict Arnold. Benedict was a US general who betrayed his country and later became a British General, but he saw no action on the British side because they looked down on him as someone with no character or worth because of his betrayal. Sure, he collected the paycheck, but that was about all.

Liz is now a British general.
LOL

History will show it was Trump who betrayed his country and Cheney sacrificed her career to hold him accountable

LOL

History will show it was Trump who betrayed his country and Cheney sacrificed her career to hold him accountable
OMG could she rehabilitate the family name? And could this be some weird xian thing where somebody else is sacraficed to let God forgive somebody else's sins? Could this be why God has allowed Dick "collateral damage" Cheney to stay somewhat alive?

I thought I did? She is a principled conservative so she has no support in either party. She has the respect of the Dems but they won't vote for her conservative policies. She has the ire of the GOP but they won't vote for her since she is seen as disloyal to Trump.
I think you're trying to say that it would be a wash. But, what about the voters who are moderates and independents? Would that be a wash as well?

Democrats are born to fail. Like the French are born to surrender and the Neo-GOP are born to opposition. No, the goal is to hold them accountable. Unless he is convicted of insurrection or rebellion there is nothing in the Constitution preventing him from running again. Republicans should kick him to the curb, tell the truth to those still under his spell. He lied.
You are naive. This whole clown show is about doing whatever the hell they can to gain votes in the midterm elections and to make sure Trump can't run in 2024 or to damage him enough that he would lose the primaries.

Forum List

Back