Liz Cheney Future

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I read an article today (not really necessary to post the link) about Liz Cheney who has, more or less, accepted the fact that she will be soundly defeated in the soon to be Wyoming primaries, even with help from democrats. The article suggested that she has been actually looking past the 2022 primaries and working on building some kind of a framework to run for president in 2024, either on the Republican ticket, or running as an independent. I seriously doubt she would run for the Republican nomination because both leading pollers right now are Trump and Desantis, so, I don't see her with a lick of chance of winning the Republican nomination. The article implied that she would not change parties and run for the Democratic nomination. So, that leaves her with a possible option of running in 2024 as an independent. My question is this:

If she were to run as an independent in 2024, which side would she draw votes from? In other words, would she hurt the Republican nominee more or the Democratic nominee more? She probably thinks this would be paybacks against the Republican party for what they did to her, taking votes away from the Republican nominee and helping the Democratic nominee win the election. But, I'm not so sure it would come down like that. I think she would actually draw more votes from democratic voters than Republican voters, helping the Republican nominee win the election. What say you?

I read an article today (not really necessary to post the link) about Liz Cheney who has, more or less, accepted the fact that she will be soundly defeated in the soon to be Wyoming primaries, even with help from democrats. The article suggested that she has been actually looking past the 2022 primaries and working on building some kind of a framework to run for president in 2024, either on the Republican ticket, or running as an independent. I seriously doubt she would run for the Republican nomination because both leading pollers right now are Trump and Desantis, so, I don't see her with a lick of chance of winning the Republican nomination. The article implied that she would not change parties and run for the Democratic nomination. So, that leaves her with a possible option of running in 2024 as an independent. My question is this:

If she were to run as an independent in 2024, which side would she draw votes from? In other words, would she hurt the Republican nominee more or the Democratic nominee more? She probably thinks this would be paybacks against the Republican party for what they did to her, taking votes away from the Republican nominee and helping the Democratic nominee win the election. But, I'm not so sure it would come down like that. I think she would actually draw more votes from democratic voters than Republican voters, helping the Republican nominee win the election. What say you?
If it was between Cheney, Drumpf, and Biden, I would surely vote Cheney.

Liz is like Benedict Arnold. Benedict was a US general who betrayed his country and later became a British General, but he saw no action on the British side because they looked down on him as someone with no character or worth because of his betrayal. Sure, he collected the paycheck, but that was about all.

Liz is now a British general.

She is a principled conservative so she has no support in either party. At least she has the respect of the Dems which is more that she gets from the GOP.

Whatever she does, she should not join the Democrat Party. Colin Powell made a big parade about switching to the Democrats when Obama became President. He went on this pontification bullshit about how the Republicans had “no room under the tent” for minorities when in fact the Republicans put him in the inner circle of the tent. Democrats cheered him on and then gave him nothing in terms of a role to play in the Party.

Same thing will happen to Liz if she switches.

Liz is like Benedict Arnold. Benedict was a US general who betrayed his country and later became a British General, but he saw no action on the British side because they looked down on him as someone with no character or worth because of his betrayal. Sure, he collected the paycheck, but that was about all.

Liz is now a British general.
Liz is a hero to the Union. Benedict Donald is the traitor who transformed or should I say "Groomed" the lick spittle of GOP into his personal Fascist cult.

Depends on how many Republicans want Drumpf. We just saw on television last night how well he performed before Biden bitch slapped him out of office.
I said the Republican nominee. You said Trump. Why can't you think past Trump?

Forum List

Back