List all the reasons why we need a Federal Government

Crypto is for suckers. It is purely a fantasy game. Crypto was supposed to be more stable than fiat currencies, remember? That was the whole selling point.

Only it turns out crypto is more volatile than the price of natural gas.

And crypto was supposed to be safer than money during economic downturns. How'd that work out? :lol:

You can't buy anything with crypto. It's a hoax. It is an absolutely meaningless speculative toy.

Like beanie babies.

It's amazing how Democrats will go on these long stupid lectures about things you know nothing about. Crypto currencies are not inherently good or bad. What you are saying is like saying paper is bad because Mein Kamph was written on paper

Don't get me wrong. Our federal government is way too powerful. It has usurped far more state powers than it has a right to. I would drastically reduce its power and I have outlined on this forum hundreds of times exactly how I would do that.

But let's not pretend it was all the Democrats doing. The Republicans have also gone out of their way to usurp power from the states.

If you would like a stark example, I would be more than happy to provide one.

Its an irrelevant question. Buuuuut
Somalia is one of the most well-known examples of a country with no government. This state of Anarchy lasted from 1991 to 2006. After a dictator called Siad Barre was ousted from power in 1991, no government ever replaced him. Instead, the country plunged into a period of time that was lawless and without any semblance of government. Instead of having a government, the Somalians reverted back to old clan systems and customs. The rule of law was the "Xeer," and ancient system where a council of elders decides the best way to settle disputes on a case-by-case basis. Although there were no rules or laws so to speak, the Xeer guaranteed safe passage, trade, and marriage for people throughout Somalia to certain extent. Rural Somalians didn't even notice the change, since they had been using the Xeer long before the old government fell anyway. Interestingly, under this state of Anarchy no Somalians ever had to pay taxes, as this was forbidden under the Xeer.

Because there was no government imposing taxes and regulations, businesses were able to step in and offer services at incredibly cheap rates. Somalians enjoyed some of the cheapest and best cell phone services in all of Africa. They also had several privately owned newspapers, electricity provided on a local basis, and one entrepreneur even supplied one hospital with free electricity. Mogadishu had its first gas stations built during this state of Anarchy. Their currency was based on a mixture of real money and forgeries of pre-1991 bills. The forgeries were treated as having equal value to the real bills. The world bank stated that economies might actually be able to function better without a government, because there is no central bank, and no one has to pay for government services as they are all provided by private businesses.
morpheus.png

Its an irrelevant question. Buuuuut
Somalia is one of the most well-known examples of a country with no government. This state of Anarchy lasted from 1991 to 2006. After a dictator called Siad Barre was ousted from power in 1991, no government ever replaced him. Instead, the country plunged into a period of time that was lawless and without any semblance of government. Instead of having a government, the Somalians reverted back to old clan systems and customs. The rule of law was the "Xeer," and ancient system where a council of elders decides the best way to settle disputes on a case-by-case basis. Although there were no rules or laws so to speak, the Xeer guaranteed safe passage, trade, and marriage for people throughout Somalia to certain extent. Rural Somalians didn't even notice the change, since they had been using the Xeer long before the old government fell anyway. Interestingly, under this state of Anarchy no Somalians ever had to pay taxes, as this was forbidden under the Xeer.

Because there was no government imposing taxes and regulations, businesses were able to step in and offer services at incredibly cheap rates. Somalians enjoyed some of the cheapest and best cell phone services in all of Africa. They also had several privately owned newspapers, electricity provided on a local basis, and one entrepreneur even supplied one hospital with free electricity. Mogadishu had its first gas stations built during this state of Anarchy. Their currency was based on a mixture of real money and forgeries of pre-1991 bills. The forgeries were treated as having equal value to the real bills. The world bank stated that economies might actually be able to function better without a government, because there is no central bank, and no one has to pay for government services as they are all provided by private businesses.

Yep, Somalia is a great example of no government. So who runs the country? Warlords. Warlords are the government. Oops, I thought they didn't have one ...

So if it were up to you, would you form an army and defeat the warlords? Or just live under their rule?

Is it not possible that they would invade a country that was suddenly more vulnerable without a national military?

Seems plausible to me.
Why would we be more vulnerable?
You people seem to think that just because the fed gov is gone, we will just abandon each other and do our own thing. Its a load of shit. And it would be stupid.
Federal supremacists harp on emotion rather than thought and logic.

Don't get me wrong. Our federal government is way too powerful. It has usurped far more state powers than it has a right to. I would drastically reduce its power and I have outlined on this forum hundreds of times exactly how I would do that.

But let's not pretend it was all the Democrats doing. The Republicans have also gone out of their way to usurp power from the states.

Republicans are federal supremacists as well.

Every time States have been given more power, they fuck it up.

You people seem to think that just because the fed gov is gone, we will just abandon each other and do our own thing. Its a load of shit. And it would be stupid.

Simple question. Do you own a home? How do you know you own it?

Well yea, I think we would abandon each other to some extent. If we’re not federally tied together then what makes us together?

Well yea, I think we would abandon each other to some extent. If we’re not federally tied together then what makes us together?

Even if we didn't, how would we make decisions? Or a far harder question. Once we do, how would we implement and maintain them?

Note: I'm on your side again ...

You made the claim.

Support it.

Pretty sure this is one of the threads where I've posted about it, for sake of relevance to the OP at the time. (though there are many other threads I've linked to updates across the country, I'm sure)

The funny part is that you've actually been in threads where I've discussed this very thing.

You should know better...

Pretty sure this is one of the threads where I've posted about it, for sake of relevance to the OP at the time. (though there are many other threads I've linked to updates across the country, I'm sure)

The funny part is that you've actually been in threads where I've discussed this very thing.

You should know better...

Goldbacks are novelty money, not state issued gold backed currency.

Keep trying.

Forum List

Back