Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

OG boarders rejoice!

fp5.jpg

A good post but you don't understand something YOU and that crappy article didn't cover which I keep pointing out.

First of all what is the mandated amount required by LAW to pump out of MEADE Reservoir?

How much CURRENT water inflow do we have available?

How much water demand INCREASE do we have since 1971?

You need to understand that water demands has been INCREASING for decades now thus a time comes when there is no longer enough INFLOW of water into MANMADE LAKE MEADE to keep up.

Whining about a drought isn't going to address the problem it is conservation, banning secondary use of water (lawns, fountains, artificial waterfalls,... etc.) Improved water management and increase water storage in other regions effected are solutions to consider.

The article is shallow and misleading since it focus on a chimera and not on large scaled solutions and adaptations.
What part of "a vessel being filled at a declining rate, while emptied from the bottom at an ever-increasing rate, will inevitably reach a point of un-sustainability to meet the demand rate, causing water levels to drop." did you not understand? It is not like I used big word or something.

What part of "a vessel being filled at a declining rate, while emptied from the bottom at an ever-increasing rate, will inevitably reach a point of un-sustainability to meet the demand rate, causing water levels to drop." did you not understand? It is not like I used big word or something.

You got most of it but your inability to understand the most important part amazingly eludes you:

"a vessel being filled at a declining rate"

I gave you the National Park Service link that addresses this specifically.

I have been trying to help you, but you keep IGNORING the link that covers it.

Yep , Boat on Shasta at least once every season (But mostly Whiskeytown Lake 1962 )

I live within 1 1/4 miles of the largest river in America by volume which is impounded by McNary Dam at the Umatilla area about 30 miles to the south creating a really nice boaters paradise for my region:

WIKIPEDIA,

"The dam flooded the Umatilla Rapids, forming a reservoir called Lake Wallula. The lake extends 64 miles (103 km) up the Columbia to the US DOE Hanford Site. It also extends up the Snake River to the Ice Harbor Dam."

There is an even bigger one up north still using the Columbia River as the water source by Grand Coulee Dam,

Wikipedia

"Franklin D. Roosevelt Lake (also called Lake Roosevelt) is the reservoir created in 1941 by the impoundment of the Columbia River by the Grand Coulee Dam in Washington state. It is named for Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was president during the construction of the dam. Covering 125 square miles (80,000 acres), it stretches about 150 miles (240 km) from the Canada–US border to Grand Coulee Dam, with over 600 miles (970 km) of shoreline; by surface area it is the largest lake and reservoir in Washington."

I live within 1 1/4 miles of the largest river in America by volume which is impounded by McNary Dam at the Umatilla area about 30 miles to the south creating a really nice boaters paradise for my region:

WIKIPEDIA,

"The dam flooded the Umatilla Rapids, forming a reservoir called Lake Wallula. The lake extends 64 miles (103 km) up the Columbia to the US DOE Hanford Site. It also extends up the Snake River to the Ice Harbor Dam."

There is an even bigger one up north still using the Columbia River as the water source by Grand Coulee Dam,

Wikipedia

"Franklin D. Roosevelt Lake (also called Lake Roosevelt) is the reservoir created in 1941 by the impoundment of the Columbia River by the Grand Coulee Dam in Washington state. It is named for Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was president during the construction of the dam. Covering 125 square miles (80,000 acres), it stretches about 150 miles (240 km) from the Canada–US border to Grand Coulee Dam, with over 600 miles (970 km) of shoreline; by surface area it is the largest lake and reservoir in Washington."
Whiskeytown Lake is 5 Miles from my Old Shasta/Centerville Home ( Boat on it at up to once a Week in Summertime

A good post but you don't understand something YOU and that crappy article didn't cover which I keep pointing out.

First of all what is the mandated amount required by LAW to pump out of MEADE Reservoir?

How much CURRENT water inflow do we have available?

How much water demand INCREASE do we have since 1971?

You need to understand that water demands has been INCREASING for decades now thus a time comes when there is no longer enough INFLOW of water into MANMADE LAKE MEADE to keep up.

Whining about a drought isn't going to address the problem it is conservation, banning secondary use of water (lawns, fountains, artificial waterfalls,... etc.) Improved water management and increase water storage in other regions effected are solutions to consider.

The article is shallow and misleading since it focus on a chimera and not on large scaled solutions and adaptations.
So... gonna do your own book report, or what?

I wasn't the one shitting on the material, pretending to be smart. You were. But now we know for sure you were pretending.

Man you must be chugging drugs lately since I posted several links about Lake MEADE to White6 who replies nicely.

Never denied it is very low and there is a drought going on.

You are not smart enough to pretend you are smart.

Never denied it is very low and there is a drought going on.
Great, thanks, nothing else from you, an uneducated slob, is needed. We are getting into environmental and climate science now, and you are well known fraud in these topics.

Great, thanks, nothing else from you, an uneducated slob, is needed. We are getting into environmental and climate science now, and you are well known fraud in these topics.

Gee you didn't dispute what I stated.

Your trolling is stupid and boring.

You are completely off topic too.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Too many people living in the desert ... we'll be running out of drinking water long before the globe warms ...

This one of my points Fort Funless ignores which is OBVIOUS since when the Reservoir was completed way back in 1936 when the Population was over 50% less than now.

The Reservoir is MANMADE designed to sweep up most of the flowing waters in the region thus was always susceptible to droughts.

Forum List

Back