Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

I thought the rejection of the 50, Million gallons a year desalinization thing for those people was amazing. I figure it could only be one of those not in my backyard things or you ain't taking my prime real estate thing. I hear brown lawn landscaping is really catching on in the desert southwest.
Hell, they don't even do grass in Arizona. Just rocks. Lots and lots of rocks.

Luckily the republicans say there is no such thing as climate change, so I am sure it will bounce back soon, right?

Luckily you have no argument to offer against a manmade reservoir that drops slowly for years while the article doesn't bother to quantify the outflow of the water to various places, from the link:

"Levels have been declining for the past few years, as a result of the ongoing megadrought in the southwestern US, as well as increasing demand for water."

By law the reservoir is supposed get their minimum amount of inflow into the MANMADE reservoir each year. The article doesn't say much about that part on how much is left over after getting their MANDATED amount into the reservoir.

Luckily you have no argument to offer against a manmade reservoir that drops slowly for years while the article doesn't bother to quantify the outflow of the water to various places, from the link:

"Levels have been declining for the past few years, as a result of the ongoing megadrought in the southwestern US, as well as increasing demand for water."

By law the reservoir is supposed get their minimum amount of inflow into the MANMADE reservoir each year.
Law does not rule the weather in relation to water or anything else, but water rules the amount of agriculture you can grow in a desert. I personally believe we have been a force in effecting climate. I don't think it will change back and I don't think we want to be the country that kills our economy trying to change it back. I do think people in the Desert Southwest will have to choose between sustaining their cities, and their agricultural business interests. They live there and chose to live there. I don't live there and even turned down a pretty decent promotion, instead of moving there, knowing I would miss the hardwood forests of trees, fields of green and the water abundant country sides of the states I grew up and lived in.

Law does not rule the weather in relation to water or anything else, but water rules the amount of agriculture you can grow in a desert. I personally believe we have been a force in effecting climate. I don't think it will change back and I don't think we want to be the country that kills our economy trying to change it back. I do think people in the Desert Southwest will have to choose between sustaining their cities, and their agricultural business interests. They live there and chose to live there. I don't live there and even turned down a pretty decent promotion, instead of moving there, knowing I would miss the hardwood forests of trees, fields of green and the water abundant country sides of the states I grew up and lived in.

You didn't address the Law mandate at all.

That is what is entirely missing from the article is how much water is available left over after meeting the minimum mandated water inflow amount for the MANMADE reservoir has been done.

Humans needs to stop endlessly expand population which is why supply problems are increasing slowly in recent years.

You didn't address the Law mandate at all.

That is what is entirely missing from the article is how much water is available left over after meeting the minimum mandated water inflow amount for the MANMADE reservoir has been done.

Humans needs to stop endlessly expand population which is why supply problems are increasing slowly in recent years.
You notice that, eh? I did not address the lower electric power generation, to run the desert cities either, as physics is equally unaffected by the law.

Have you forgotten the Aral Sea decline?

The world’s 4th largest lake has dried up to less than 10% its size and is now a giant desert, dotted with shipwrecks​

Sep 29, 2015 Brad Smithfield

Excerpt:

Formerly one of the four largest lakes in the world with an area of 68,000 km2 (26,300 sq mi), the Aral Sea has been steadily shrinking since the 1960s after the rivers that fed it were diverted by Soviet irrigation projects. By 2007, it had declined to 10% of its original size.

The Aral Sea formed about 5.5 million years ago due to a fall in sea level and the uplift of the Elburz and Caucasus Mountains. The shrinking of the Aral Sea has been called “one of the planet’s worst environmental disasters”. The region’s once-prosperous fishing industry has been essentially destroyed, bringing unemployment and economic hardship. The Aral Sea region is also heavily polluted, with consequential serious public health problems.

LINK

=====

Humans are fucking their way into a future disaster because the planet can't keep up with the demand for food and water.

You notice that, eh? I did not address the lower electric power generation, to run the desert cities either, as physics is equally unaffected by the law.

Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971​

That is what I am responding to,

It is clear you are still unaware on how the article is misleading you because even when I give you a direct hint you still don't care.

Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971​

That is what I am responding to,

It is clear you are still unaware on how the article is misleading you because even when I give you a direct hint you still don't care.
Shake your fist at God, not me. The water isn't there and may not be there anymore. I know of nothing to say it is coming back.

Shake your fist at God, not me. The water isn't there and may not be there anymore. I know of nothing to say it is coming back.

Then you are going to allow others mislead and lie to you about it.... that is sad.

You are not thinking this through because it is far more complex than what the article is talking about try doing some research on this than to let a poor article mislead you:

National Park Service

Overview of Lake Mead

Last edited:

Ummm, rain. The reason why the reservoirs are drying up is not enough water, duh, they are built in DESERTS!

And too many people drawing water from them.

It's an age old problem. Too bad the anti science religious nut jobs, like the AGW freaks, can't seem to figure it out.

Ummm, rain. The reason why the reservoirs are drying up is not enough water, duh, they are built in DESERTS!

It's an age old problem. Too bad the anti science religious nut jobs, like the AGW freaks, can't seem to figure it out.
Here is what a great American, former preacher's kid and one time Pentecostal preacher, and (who knew?) a truthful assessor of Nature and climatology had to say on the subject, before he left us and was called home.
1651421150365.jpeg

Funny, you forgot to offer a solution. Everyone else is so stupid for not having one. let's hear it.

It was that low in the 50s and 60s so it's seems to be cyclic.....Not that the "climate change" weenies will admit to it.....Oh well.

The bottom line is CA removes too much water from Lake Meade for it to remain viable for much longer.
What a great choice, eh? Food OR water?

Desalination plants is a good idea....do they have to be nuclear though???

Luckily the republicans say there is no such thing as climate change, so I am sure it will bounce back soon, right?
Its called a drought

chances are the snows will return someday

By law the reservoir is supposed get their minimum amount of inflow into the MANMADE reservoir each year. The article doesn't say much about that part on how much is left over after getting their MANDATED amount into the reservoir.
You are not getting the point. I get it just fine. In any given year, a finite amount of rain and snow fall on the western slopes of the Rocky Mountains and the continental divide, this precipitation being the inflow to these reservoirs, installed at a time of plenty to harvest Mother Nature's bounty.
Physics, even at the rudimentary, non-measured by the casual observer level, will note, a vessel being filled at a declining rate, while emptied from the bottom at an ever-increasing rate, will inevitably reach a point of un-sustainability to meet the demand rate, causing water levels to drop. If it happens due to changes in climate (man-made or natural) Mother Nature and the sweet cool rains to quench your thirst, will not be there to save you. If you believe in a deity, you may remember man was given dominion over animals to suit it's needs, but not over mother nature, if she decides to share her bounties elsewhere or not at all. Indeed, geologic history is replete with examples of rainforests turned to desert or even ice fields to remain thousands of years. If depending on the laws of man (at this point) or looking for Mother Nature to get us out of this, it may indeed be in vain or just plain too late. It looks like she's not there.
Here is fantastic piece of music and one of my favorite (and possibly a prophetic truism) ecology songs relating to Mother Nature. I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• 1651424318638.jpeg
    1651424318638.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 11
You are not getting the point. I get it just fine. In any given year, a finite amount of rain and snow fall on the western slopes of the Rocky Mountains and the continental divide, this precipitation being the inflow to these reservoirs, installed at a time of plenty to harvest Mother Nature's bounty.
Physics, even at the rudimentary, non-measured by the casual observer level, will note, a vessel being filled at a declining rate, while emptied from the bottom at an ever-increasing rate, will inevitably reach a point of un-sustainability to meet the demand rate, causing water levels to drop. If it happens due to changes in climate (man-made or natural) Mother Nature and the sweet cool rains to quench your thirst, will not be there to save you. If you believe in a deity, you may remember man was given dominion over animals to suit it's needs, but not over mother nature, if she decides to share her bounties elsewhere or not at all. Indeed, geologic history is replete with examples of rainforests turned to desert or even ice fields to remain thousands of years. If depending on the laws of man (at this point) or looking for Mother Nature to get us out of this, it may indeed be in vain or just plain too late. It looks like she's not there.
Here is fantastic piece of music and one of my favorite (and possibly a prophetic truism) ecology songs relating to Mother Nature. I hope you enjoy.

A good post but you don't understand something YOU and that crappy article didn't cover which I keep pointing out.

First of all what is the mandated amount required by LAW to pump out of MEADE Reservoir?

How much CURRENT water inflow do we have available?

How much water demand INCREASE do we have since 1971?

You need to understand that water demands has been INCREASING for decades now thus a time comes when there is no longer enough INFLOW of water into MANMADE LAKE MEADE to keep up.

Whining about a drought isn't going to address the problem it is conservation, banning secondary use of water (lawns, fountains, artificial waterfalls,... etc.) Improved water management and increase water storage in other regions effected are solutions to consider.

The article is shallow and misleading since it focus on a chimera and not on large scaled solutions and adaptations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back