Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The water line in the reservoir that serves 40 million people with drinking water, now sits at 1,055ft above sea level, well below the maximum capacity of 1,229 ft, and worryingly close to the 1,050ft limit for pumping water out to customers.

Water levels in Lake Mead drop low enough to reveal 1971 intake valve

I guess they will have them a "western water war" sooner than expected.....ca need to take that surplus they claim to have and build nuke powered desalination plants.

LOL....Before long they will be able to get to that B-29 in the lake and just taxi it out. ;)

Lake Mead reveals resting place of B-29 that crashed while testing SunTracker in 1948

The water line in the reservoir that serves 40 million people with drinking water, now sits at 1,055ft above sea level, well below the maximum capacity of 1,229 ft, and worryingly close to the 1,050ft limit for pumping water out to customers.

Water levels in Lake Mead drop low enough to reveal 1971 intake valve

I guess they will have them a "western water war" sooner than expected.....ca need to take that surplus they claim to have and build nuke powered desalination plants.

LOL....Before long they will be able to get to that B-29 in the lake and just taxi it out. ;)

Lake Mead reveals resting place of B-29 that crashed while testing SunTracker in 1948
Luckily the republicans say there is no such thing as climate change, so I am sure it will bounce back soon, right?

Cant believe they did nothing. Ya would think a building moratorium at some point would have been in order

They will cut off Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada and keep pumping it dry to service california's desert farms.

Luckily the republicans say there is no such thing as climate change, so I am sure it will bounce back soon, right?
It was that low in the 50s and 60s so it's seems to be cyclic.....Not that the "climate change" weenies will admit to it.....Oh well.

The bottom line is CA removes too much water from Lake Meade for it to remain viable for much longer.

Nobody cares
To be honest certainly not me.....I have the Shenandoah River going by my place and don't hardly use any of it.

Pro-Tip......Don't build subdivision after subdivision or plant crops in a fuckin' desert when you can't support them with something as basic as water......Hell westerners were killing each other off over water long before the "climate change" weenies showed-up.

Why do you lie like that?

No Republican with a few exceptions has said that climate change is not a real thing. They say it isn't caused by mankind.

On top of that, do you have proof that drought in the southwest has never happened before?

Why do you lie like that?

No Republican with a few exceptions has said that climate change is not a real thing. They say it isn't caused by mankind.

On top of that, do you have proof that drought in the southwest has never happened before?
Save your fingers....."Climate Change" (man-made) is like a religion to them.....And you know how religious zealots are.

And of course you are simply lying to the USMB forum again, as usual.

Why do you base your political opinions on the stupid lies you tell yourself, rather than facts, jackass?
Oh, cheer up. At least I didn't link the Sam Kinnison video on world hunger, about the starving people in the world, living in the desert with Sam sceaming We have deserts in America, we just don't live in them asshole!!

I've never heard a republican say climate change doesn't exist....of course the climate changes....the question is are we changing it with the cars we drive...and I'm sorry but that hasn't been proven yet and we still don't know if Carbon is as dangerous to the planet as people say it is....do you know what is bad for the planet?...drilling for cobalt and other so called clean energy minerals....

Oh, cheer up. At least I didn't link the Sam Kinnison video on world hunger, about the starving people in the world, living in the desert with Sam sceaming We have deserts in America, we just don't live in them asshole!!
Was my first thought here. Love that video.

Well Southern Mexifornia is a desert so the drain water from the north. And have been saying desalination is Evil.

Enjoy the thirst I say. I hate stupid people.

It was that low in the 50s and 60s so it's seems to be cyclic.....Not that the "climate change" weenies will admit to it.....Oh well.

The bottom line is CA removes too much water from Lake Meade for it to remain viable for much longer.
Wrong. Is was not this low in the 50s and 60s. This is the lowest level since the 1930s, when the lake was still being filled.

Was my first thought here. Love that video.

Well Southern Mexifornia is a desert so the drain water from the north. And have been saying desalination is Evil.

Enjoy the thirst I say. I hate stupid people.
I thought the rejection of the 50, Million gallons a year desalinization thing for those people was amazing. I figure it could only be one of those not in my backyard things or you ain't taking my prime real estate thing. I hear brown lawn landscaping is really catching on in the desert southwest.

I thought the rejection of the 50, Million gallons a year desalinization thing for those people was amazing. I figure it could only be one of those not in my backyard things or you ain't taking my prime real estate thing. I hear brown lawn landscaping is really catching on in the desert southwest.
Well maybe they can pump more water into the ocean to save the smelt. That will fix it.

Forum List

Back