Justices Ginsburg And Kagan Officiated Over Same Sex Ceremonies; Will Have To Recuse Themselves

But.....but we were just told that millenials were breaking conservative 'big time'. Are you telling us that whoever said that didn't know what the hell they were talking about?
Most people find their conservative ideology as they age...when they are on their own and realizing that the government interferes way too much.
Millenials are not breaking conservatism any more than baby boomers broke conservatism when they were younger.

Yes and no. I agree that folks tend to be more conservative as they age. But that doesn't necessarily mean they adopt the random bigotry of previous generations. I doubt you're going to see much movement from millenials on issues of gay marriage, as bigotry toward gays is a learned behavior. Not innate. As the gen Xers general support of interracial marriage in their youth and now as they age demonstrates. The boomers and the 'greatest generation'? Not nearly as much.

And millennial are an enormous voting block that will be fully in play by 2016. Its unlikely they will 'age toward conservatism' in the immediate future. Or even the next couple of decades. Though for races in say, the 2050s, your assessment of their political beliefs may be more relevant.

I have always supported gay marriage.

I first learned that homosexuals couldn't legally get married in the early 80s when I was in my early 20s.

Nothing has changed in my opinion on gay marriage. I will always support consenting adults getting married whether it's a same sex couple or not.

The poster you're replying to has very little, if any, grasp of reality. I tried reading some of it's posts but the person is so crazy it's a waste of time. There isn't even a shred of reality in it's posts.

Facts don't matter to that poster and to posters like that person. So it's not worth wasting your time trying to give it facts. It won't listen or pay attention.

So you support the father/daughter marriage currently in the news?
I don't but for a reason that is not so obvious.
I believe a daughter's "romantic" love for her father is possibly based on he, as an adult, skewing her thinking when she was a child...likely meaning that he cultivated her interest in him romantically over her most vulnerable years.

Now, if he was her father...and she never met him until she was an adult...and she fell in love with him.....I would probably say "its not in the best interest of your children as they may be subject to birth defects, but do as you please"

From my understanding, they were apart during those years.

Edgetho, just shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you are talking about now anymore than before.

Your social con far right is dying out, and the millennials (the largest numbers in a generation) all can vote in 2016. They won't be voting for your tripe and ilk.

In case you missed it, douche.

Millennials are breaking for Conservativism -- Big time.

Not on gay marriage:

tbpelkodp0spw8exj7rmuw.png

In reality, millennials are overwhelmingly embracing gay marriage....by a ratio of nearly 4 to 1.

Where opposition to gay marriage is rooted overwhelmingly in seniors. And even they have moved by 28 points in the last 20 years.
The liberal indoctrination of our youths is working well. They are morally ruining our country and the ethical foundation it was created.

By 'liberal indoctrination' you mean that youth are rejecting your agenda of hating blacks, jews and homosexuals- yes- our liberal indoctrination is working.

Bigots like you should be rejected by all Americans.

Most people find their conservative ideology as they age...when they are on their own and realizing that the government interferes way too much.
Millenials are not breaking conservatism any more than baby boomers broke conservatism when they were younger.

Yes and no. I agree that folks tend to be more conservative as they age. But that doesn't necessarily mean they adopt the random bigotry of previous generations. I doubt you're going to see much movement from millenials on issues of gay marriage, as bigotry toward gays is a learned behavior. Not innate. As the gen Xers general support of interracial marriage in their youth and now as they age demonstrates. The boomers and the 'greatest generation'? Not nearly as much.

And millennial are an enormous voting block that will be fully in play by 2016. Its unlikely they will 'age toward conservatism' in the immediate future. Or even the next couple of decades. Though for races in say, the 2050s, your assessment of their political beliefs may be more relevant.

I first learned that homosexuals couldn't legally get married in the early 80s when I was in my early 20s.

Nothing has changed in my opinion on gay marriage. I will always support consenting adults getting married whether it's a same sex couple or not.

The poster you're replying to has very little, if any, grasp of reality. I tried reading some of it's posts but the person is so crazy it's a waste of time. There isn't even a shred of reality in it's posts.

Facts don't matter to that poster and to posters like that person. So it's not worth wasting your time trying to give it facts. It won't listen or pay attention.

I don't but for a reason that is not so obvious.
I believe a daughter's "romantic" love for her father is possibly based on he, as an adult, skewing her thinking when she was a child...likely meaning that he cultivated her interest in him romantically over her most vulnerable years.

Now, if he was her father...and she never met him until she was an adult...and she fell in love with him.....I would probably say "its not in the best interest of your children as they may be subject to birth defects, but do as you please"

From my understanding, they were apart during those years.
Their getting married has absolutely no affect on my life whatsoever. Would I do it? No. Of course not. But who am I to get in their way?

Edgetho, just shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you are talking about now anymore than before.

Your social con far right is dying out, and the millennials (the largest numbers in a generation) all can vote in 2016. They won't be voting for your tripe and ilk.

Not on gay marriage:

In reality, millennials are overwhelmingly embracing gay marriage....by a ratio of nearly 4 to 1.

Where opposition to gay marriage is rooted overwhelmingly in seniors. And even they have moved by 28 points in the last 20 years.
The liberal indoctrination of our youths is working well. They are morally ruining our country and the ethical foundation it was created.

By 'liberal indoctrination' you mean that youth are rejecting your agenda of hating blacks, jews and homosexuals- yes- our liberal indoctrination is working.

I just don't get why anyone responds to this guy. I have never...and I never will. He means nothing to me. Best bet is to ignore him.

But.....but we were just told that millenials were breaking conservative 'big time'. Are you telling us that whoever said that didn't know what the hell they were talking about?

Non sequitur.

Non sequitur.
I believe he was playing on something Skylar said......

"I will always support consenting adults getting married whether it's a same sex couple or not."

Skylar did not elaborate....simply said "consenting adults"...although I am sure Skylar meant "that aren't father and daughter"

Non sequitur.

When the argument used by you fag supporters is equality of consenting adults, unless you apply the concept to all forms of consenting adults, you're the ultimate hypocrite.

Non sequitur.

"I will always support consenting adults getting married whether it's a same sex couple or not."

Skylar did not elaborate....simply said "consenting adults"...although I am sure Skylar meant "that aren't father and daughter"

When did I say that?

Non sequitur.

That's how the same sex crowd works. They claim to support equality and state that denying two consenting adults to marry is wrong. However, when two adults want to marry and meet those conditions, if it's a type of marriage the fag supporters oppose, things change.

Non sequitur.

When the argument used by you fag supporters is equality of consenting adults, unless you apply the concept to all forms of consenting adults, you're the ultimate hypocrite.

The argument I'm using is that if you're going to deny the right to marry to gays and lesbians, you'll need a very good reason and a compelling state interest. And opponents of gay marriage bans have neither.

Would you care to address the argument I'm making.....or keep knocking the stuffing out of those strawmen.

Gay marriage in Europe, where it has been extensively practiced for decades, is known to have lowered the dignity and prestige of the institution of marriage. It's not even debatable.

Every time I see someone say "it's not even debatable" I am confident that they are unable to support their claims.

There is absolutely no evidence to support your claim.

'extensively practiced for decades'? Really?

1[1] Belgium 1 June 2003
2[2] Denmark 15 June 2012
  • The law does not apply to the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
3[3] Finland 1 March 2017
  • In order that the provisions of the framework law would be fully implementable further legislation has to be passed.
4[4] France 18 May 2013
5[5] Iceland 27 June 2010
6[6] Luxembourg 1 January 2015
7[7][8] Netherlands 1 April 2001
  • On 10 October 2012 the law's scope was expanded to include the Caribbean Netherlands.
  • In Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten marriages performed in the other parts of the Netherlands can be registered.
8[9] Norway 1 January 2009
9[10] Portugal 5 June 2010
10[11] Spain 3 July 2005
11 Sweden 1 May 2009
12[12][13] United Kingdom 13 March 2014

Gay marriage has been legal in the Netherlands for 14 years, Belgium for 11 years- where are those decades you speak of?

In the countries with gay marriage there is great popular support:
Public support for same-sex marriage from EU member states as measured from a 2006 poll is the greatest in the Netherlands (82%), Sweden (71%), Denmark (69%), Spain(66%), Belgium (65%), Luxembourg (58%), Finland (54%), Germany (52%) and the Czech Republic (52%).[59] However, other polls have also placed Germany and Francebetween 54% to 65%,[60] the UK at 61%.[61]

Dignity and prestige of marriage?

How to measure that? Maybe divorce rate?
So how does the Netherlands compare to say Germany- which does not have legal gay marriage- or Denmark- which just legalized it? (both neighbors of the Netherlands)
Netherlands 41% divorce rate
Germany 41% divorce rate
Denmark - not in the top 20

And homophobic Russia? 65% divorce rate.

Worldwide Divorce Statistics

So yes- I am debating your claim- I am saying it is just BS that you made up.

Non sequitur.

The argument I'm using is that if you're going to deny the right to marry to gays and lesbians, you'll need a very good reason and a compelling state interest. And opponents of gay marriage bans have neither.

Would you care to address the argument I'm making.....or keep knocking the stuffing out of those strawmen.
I need you to answer a simple question in order to do so. Should a father/daughter be able to marry if they are both consenting adults?

Non sequitur.

When did I say that?
Sorry...It was Dana that said it.....was a long thread.

Non sequitur.

When did I say that?
Sorry...It was Dana that said it.....was a long thread.

No worries.

Non sequitur.

to the contrary, I believe I made it clear that I don't oppose gay marriage and I don't oppose that guy marrying his flesh and blood...as long as her romantic feelings for him were not cultivated by him while she was growing up and vulnerable.

Not on gay marriage:

I'm not a bigot. I'm an American pro-Constitution patriot who happens to be proud of his race and its accomplishments.

That's how the same sex crowd works. They claim to support equality and state that denying two consenting adults to marry is wrong. However, when two adults want to marry and meet those conditions, if it's a type of marriage the fag supporters oppose, things change.

Except that's not my argument. My argument is that if you're going to deny gays and lesbians the right to marry you'll need a compelling state interest and a very good reason. And that opponents of gay marriage have neither.

You won't touch my argument with a 10 foot pole. Your position has collapsed so completely, you won't even discuss gay marriage any longer.

Which is fine. The USSC will take care of that for you in April.

Non sequitur.

Well you know that is how homophobic bigots operate- they want to bring in their strawmen because they just can't make an argument without them.

They are against marriage equality for homosexuals- so they try to make the argument about 'homosexuals- incest-polygamy'.

If anyone says that they are for marriage equality for homosexuals and for incestuous marriage- then the homophobes go "aha see- this is proof of the slippery slope- first gay marriage- and then they will be wanting to make it legal for dad's to marry their daughters"- and if anyone says that they support marriage equality for homosexuals- but don't support polygamous marriage- then they go "Aha- see they are hypocrites".

So once again- I will state my position- very clearly and very specifically.

I believe that a same gender couple- Bob and Andy- should be treated legally exactly the same as my wife and I are treated.

That is my position. If the bigots want to argue polygamy and incest they can drag those strawmen around but what they can't do is make a rational argument about why Bob and Andy shouldn't be treated like my wife and I are treated under the law.

Not on gay marriage:

I'm not a bigot. I'm an American pro-Constitution patriot who happens to be proud of his race and its accomplishments.

You are a racist, homophobic anti-semite.

You are an embarressment to the United States and should be rejected by all Americans.

Forum List

Back