TERRORISM - Now the # 1 Concern in America (Pew Poll)

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The economy is no longer the # 1 concern of Americans. It has been surpassed by the threat of terrorism according to a new Pew Research Center poll just released (Jan. 15, 2015). In it, 76% of Americans cite terrorism as the top priority for Obama and the Congress. Among Republicans, terrorism is a massive top priority with 87% citing it as such, far above taxation, global trade, and moral values.

The new poll also finds that the goal of strengthening the military has increased in importance. Currently, 52% say strengthening the military should be a top policy priority for the president and Congress this year, up from 41% in January 2013.

http://www.people-press.org/2015/01/...me-and-abroad/

The economy is no longer the # 1 concern of Americans. It has been surpassed by the threat of terrorism according to a new Pew Research Center poll just released (Jan. 15, 2015). In it, 76% of Americans cite terrorism as the top priority for Obama and the Congress. Among Republicans, terrorism is a massive top priority with 87% citing it as such, far above taxation, global trade, and moral values.

The new poll also finds that the goal of strengthening the military has increased in importance. Currently, 52% say strengthening the military should be a top policy priority for the president and Congress this year, up from 41% in January 2013.

Why do we need to strengthen the military? Dont we already have the largest, well equipped military in the world? People are sheep that are easily herded with fear..

Why do we need to strengthen the military? Dont we already have the largest, well equipped military in the world? People are sheep that are easily herded with fear..

That depends. Naval forces yes. Air Force probably. Ground forces best quality but quantity? nukes that would be Russia.

Correct, we don't need to 'strengthen the military,' the notion is ignorant idiocy.

The worst thing we can do to address the issue is use conventional military 'tactics,' that would play right into the hands of the terrorists.

Terrorists are not 'soldiers,' they're criminals, and they need to be dealt with accordingly.

That depends. Naval forces yes. Air Force probably. Ground forces best quality but quantity? nukes that would be Russia.
We dont need more nukes. We already have enough to blow up the world 10x over or some ridiculous number that spells the death of human kind as we know it.

I guess people are starting to remember what happened the last time we didn't take the threat of terrorism seriously.
They should have remembered what started all the attacks in the first place. We literally armed the people that would later retaliate agianst the US and meddled in their business.

I guess people are starting to remember what happened the last time we didn't take the threat of terrorism seriously.
They should have remembered what started all the attacks in the first place. We literally armed the people that would later retaliate agianst the US and meddled in their business.
As I recall they were armed to fight the Soviets when they invaded Afghanistan which was not the reason we were attacked.

As I recall they were armed to fight the Soviets when they invaded Afghanistan which was not the reason we were attacked.
Thats why I used the word "and". How someone can be stupid enough to arm someone that you have fucked over and you are later going to fuck over more is pretty amazing to me.

Forum List

Back