Judge dismisses Nick Sandmann's libel suit against Gannett over viral Capitol incident

“common sense” is just cover for people who don’t have facts. There was no case. The kid basically admitted it on deposition.
Yeah.

Lots of conservative wishful thinking here, but no defamation happened that I'm aware of.

There appears to be a great deal of confusion among conservatives about just what defamation is; I'd suggest some research. :)

I wonder about this as well.

They're certainly utter scumbags and MIGHT have had something to hide/fear, but I still feel it was a mistake based on what's known.
I suspect that it’s because they recognized that their alleged journalism had crossed a line into defamation and that they were facing some hideous damage awards. I suspect that their lawyers are a whole lot smarter than you suspect. It wasn’t a mistake at all.

Not incapable at all.

I simply never observed any evidence that defamation occurred.

If you have any evidence of it, I'd like to see it, as I haven't.

And call it coincidence, but the court/s seem/s to concur that no defamation happened.
They called his actions racist, talked about his character, did several negative articles and several broadcasts talking bad about him.
It was so bad and deliberate 2 of the biggest media outlets in the country settled.
Do you know how hard it is to sue the media and win? And they settled?

I suspect that it’s because they recognized that their alleged journalism had crossed a line into defamation and that they were facing some hideous damage awards. I suspect that their lawyers are a whole lot smarter than you suspect. It wasn’t a mistake at all.
Based on what's known, it appears they jumped the gun/settled in error.

Based on what's known, it appears they jumped the gun/settled in error.
Thats right. because judges cant be wrong or biased, can they?
You can fucking google and see what they did.
Why you are so damn lazy and obtuse isnt anyones problem but yours.

They called his actions racist, talked about his character, did several negative articles and several broadcasts talking bad about him.
So they (who?) speculated about a public occurrence and its participants?

Did they call him a Nazi or a drug addict? (Assuming he's neither.)
It was so bad and deliberate
Was it?

Do you have evidence of this?
2 of the biggest media outlets in the country settled.
In error it would seem.
Do you know how hard it is to sue the media and win?
When one has no case, it's very difficult to win, yes.
And they settled?
In error it would seem.

The people that paid him the settlement, said these things about him. We went over this .
You're not making sense.

If you can cite any actual defamation occurring, please do.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back