Zone1 John 17:1-6,26

kjw47

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2013
upstate NY
This is a prayer from Jesus to his Father
Verse 3-- This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus. Verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) Verse 26 = YHWH(Jehovah)

2 major points any who can understand english for themselves get from this prayer- 1) The Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- 2) God did not come he sent another who was named Jesus as a mortal.

Jesus real teachers on earth teach exactly what Jesus taught. The rest are these=2Cor 11:12-15

Verse 3-- This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus. Verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) Verse 26 = YHWH(Jehovah)

2 major points any who can understand english for themselves get from this prayer- 1) The Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- 2) God did not come he sent another who was named Jesus as a mortal.

Jesus real teachers on earth teach exactly what Jesus taught. The rest are these=2Cor 11:12-15
I'm afraid that the teaching of Jesus, which has to be the teaching of the bibles, has become unacceptable to modern society.

On the treatment of women, on slavery, on the murder of children, as examples among so many more!
Christianity needs to produce a third edition that is compatible with the 21st. century. We don't stone people to death for any crimes and few modern societies stoop to killing people as punishment for crime.

Fwiw, Jesus can't be claimed to have been a mortal.

Jesus is God

"If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"

"I and the Father are one"

:)

I'm afraid that the teaching of Jesus, which has to be the teaching of the bibles, has become unacceptable to modern society.

On the treatment of women, on slavery, on the murder of children, as examples among so many more!
Christianity needs to produce a third edition that is compatible with the 21st. century. We don't stone people to death for any crimes and few modern societies stoop to killing people as punishment for crime.

Jesus came and changed a few things

However, that does not mean we totally discard the OT

and "women's rights" and etc.. can mean just about anything depending on who is speaking.

and frankly, as modern as things have gotten, I don't see women being treated better by men. I see the exact opposite.. that is MY experience and there is no arguing with it..

God is dead.

So where in the New Testament does Jesus advocate stoning non-believers? Also tell us where he and his Apostles murdered children. Thanks in advance.

Have you ever considered actually reading the New Testament?

Jesus came and changed a few things

However, that does not mean we totally discard the OT

and "women's rights" and etc.. can mean just about anything depending on who is speaking.

and frankly, as modern as things have gotten, I don't see women being treated better by men. I see the exact opposite.. that is MY experience and there is no arguing with it..

One of the reasons the Hasidics hated Jesus was his pointing out women are people too and had souls. Women formed many of the first churches, and even today black women are founding more churches than men are.

I know this may be a shock to a lot of ignorant uneducated 'Woke' types but the planet is in no way obligated to pander to your stupid modernist fantasies and that goes for people 2,000 years ago.

One of the reasons the Hasidics hated Jesus was his pointing out women are people too and had souls. Women formed many of the first churches, and even today black women are founding more churches than men are.

I know this may be a shock to a lot of ignorant uneducated 'Woke' types but the planet is in no way obligated to pander to your stupid modernist fantasies and that goes for people 2,000 years ago.
Oh, look who has the upper hand. Condesing ass that you are. Jared Kushner

Simple question. Did Jehovah die?

Did you forget the rest of verse 3 and forward, about the Christ whom God sent and whom God glorified before creation existed?

Is that why so many in modern society read it?
Temple Law. Who besides Israel was ever subject to the Temple Law's jurisdiction?

The first person to see Jesus resurrected was a female.. and one with a bad past reputation at that (I think of Trump being accused of immorality he was or may have been guilty of 20 years ago )

So... Jesus forgives totally..

people.. ironically, meaning: sinners have a difficult time forgiving other sinners... while JESUS CHRIST who said He is GOD does not have a hard time forgiving

go figure..

Christians are no longer under the Mosaic Law, Jesus brought a new covenant= LOVE. It has no bearing on what modern society accepts. Gods will is all that matters in the end.

Jesus is God

"If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"

"I and the Father are one"

:)
They are one in purpose. Jesus lives 24/7, 365 to do his Fathers will-John 5:30--It said the true followers will be one with them, not as God, but living to do Jesus Fathers will( Matt 7:21) they are the only ones who will be saved.
Jesus is Gods image--that is how they see the Father, No Father is his son, no son is his own Father.

Christians are no longer under the Mosaic Law, Jesus brought a new covenant= LOVE. It has no bearing on what modern society accepts. Gods will is all that matters in the end.
They are subject to the Mosaic Law by extension. The Christian Law encompasses the Decalogue, for example, and other inspired edicts.

It does not, however, encompass the concoctions of the temple elite.

And no OT law is codified any longer.

Forum List

Back