Zone1 Jesus: "Unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
That statement is very telling. Do you remember when you were a small child and you could have a disagreement with another child, say "sorry", and then everything was ok again and the offense was completely forgotten?

Or how about being a little kid and having no knowledge of classes of people (rich, poor) or racism?

As we mature, we lose those wonderful qualities. We become judgmental and unforgiving.

So how do we "turn and become like children"?

My belief is that we don't because we can't. However, Jesus will transform us. He will, in an instant, refine us into perfection and we will again be innocent, humble, loving, beings.

I remember the exact moment I lost my innocence. I was about five years old. An older boy said something about a neighbor girl that he was fixated on. I didn't understand it fully, but I knew it was not proper and I felt embarrassed about it. I never looked at girls the same way after that either.

That statement is very telling. Do you remember when you were a small child and you could have a disagreement with another child, say "sorry", and then everything was ok again and the offense was completely forgotten?

Or how about being a little kid and having no knowledge of classes of people (rich, poor) or racism?

As we mature, we lose those wonderful qualities. We become judgmental and unforgiving.

So how do we "turn and become like children"?

My belief is that we don't because we can't. However, Jesus will transform us. He will, in an instant, refine us into perfection and we will again be innocent, humble, loving, beings.
There's your scripture for redemption, salvation and justification.

Jesus: "Unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."​

This is why some may never see the kingdom of heaven. God allows us all free will to choose. He wants us to be converted of our own free will and choice and thus become, in and of ourselves, good beings. However, if you give a being free will, they may never choose to be a good being. Thus other places beside the kingdom of heaven have to be prepared for those who are not willing to abide by the law of the kingdom of heaven. Jesus tells us in no uncertain terms, that unless we make a change, in and of ourselves, to accept the laws and goodness of the kingdom of heaven, we will never enter into it.

Forum List

Back