Zone1 Jesus said "Unless you turn and become like children, you cannot enter Heaven"

Children have a potential to become evil. They are at the mercy of the parents and other adults they trust. The Catholic priest?

butthurt doll.jpg

I think this is Mt 18 something but I'll look it up soon

Anyway, how can an adult be child-like in a very adult-centered world?

I tend to think Jesus meant that we should be like children in the sense tht they are:

innocent
trusting of their father/mother
honest

It's difficult to be "innocent" after sinning a lot. Even after you give up egregious sin, the residue from it can be absolutely horrendous (to deal with, get rid of).

Honesty? Ha ha... Who can be totally honest in this very dishonest world? I have gotten into big trouble in my life by telling the truth (of how I feel, how unjust something or other is, etc)

And trusting the Father? Well, since He allows so much evil and misery, it is not easy to always trust Him. I try, that's about all I can say.

So anyhow... this is a curious thing Jesus said.. not sure I totally get it..

Douay-Rheims Bible

And Jesus said:

Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

Mt 18:3
We are born into an obviously corrupted world dominated by sinful(imperfect) humanity. From the day we are born we start collecting skeletons to hang in our closet. Eventually those skeletons start becoming US. We of course hide our skeletons but those skeletons start to reflect through & out of us to other people as other folks skeletons reflect back to us. I think humanity's BOSS is attempting to tell us to 'quit collecting skeletons'. I would suggest "Go Skeletonless" as much as one can do. If you can become amused by these innocent lil Baboos in the below vid then I'd say you exceeded our Makers wildest expectations!

Below 0:12-0:22 super cute!

Last edited:

I tend to think Jesus meant that we should be like children in the sense tht they are:

innocent
honest

It's difficult to be "innocent" after sinning a lot. Even after you give up egregious sin, the residue from it can be absolutely horrendous (to deal with, get rid of).

Honesty? Ha ha... Who can be totally honest in this very dishonest world? I have gotten into big trouble in my life by telling the truth (of how I feel, how unjust something or other is, etc)

And trusting the Father? Well, since He allows so much evil and misery, it is not easy to always trust Him. I try, that's about all I can say.

Douay-Rheims Bible

And Jesus said:

Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

children don't know everything, but they know enough
Maybe Jesus was saying, you don't know every gospel principle but you should know enough to recognize who I am.

Maybe Jesus was saying, you don't know every gospel principle but you should know enough to recognize who I am.

Children don't know what adults know

That is what is so charming about them. It is sad when a person becomes an adult (unless... whatever...)

It's not really about children or being like them in any emotional or physiological sense. Let's consider a tale of a grape grower and his hired hands:

For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the marketplace, and to them he said, ‘You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went. Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same. And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing. And he said to them, ‘Why do you stand here idle all day?’ They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You go into the vineyard too.’ And when evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last, up to the first.’ And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius. Now when those hired first came, they thought they would receive more, but each of them also received a denarius. And on receiving it they grumbled at the master of the house, saying, ‘These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.’ But he replied to one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? Take what belongs to you and go. I choose to give to this last worker as I give to you. Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?’ So the last will be first, and the first last. (Mt 20:1-16)​

All those who accepted the Lord’s invitation to the vineyard started at the same place there; they started as equals, no matter their stations in the outside work-a-day world. Out in that world, a wealthy landowner could command a multi-faceted engine of commerce. Also out there was a pauper who lived day to day. Their ranks differed in that world, but in the kingdom, the two were equals. In the kingdom, the one did not exert control or authority over the other. Tenure and seniority in the world counted for nothing in the kingdom. In fact, rather than complain that a newcomer in the kingdom had all the advantages from God that a veteran had, the veteran rejoiced that the newcomer had even entered in the first place. That was the spirit of fraternity and equality that permeated the holy household.

In an everlasting kingdom, this frame of mind obviously still applies. The new believer indeed enters the kingdom without any assumptions about it or plans for it and is eager to explore it openly and more deeply without any preconceived notions about it or designs on it. Like a child he receives the kingdom of God and is no less valuable in it than the seasoned believer is. “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them,” Jesus said. “For to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it” (Lk 18:16-17, emphasis added). This attitude of humility does not visit violence on the kingdom; instead, it brings acceptance and belonging to it.

Have you ever even met a child? They start out totally savage. By the time they become someone you might actually enjoy living with they go and live with someone else.
wow... what a terrible view of children

They are not savage.. they are just free spirited and in need of correction, which the Bible says and commons sense attests.

They are innocent. That is why they are so free spirited. They just don't know... all the dangers in the world, all the hideousness... the evil, the perversions.. (unless some demented one molests them.. I'm beginning to have the belief that rape of a child should result in the death penalty)

wow... what a terrible view of children

They are not savage.. they are just free spirited and in need of correction, which the Bible says and commons sense attests.

They are innocent. That is why they are so free spirited. They just don't know... all the dangers in the world, all the hideousness... the evil, the perversions.. (unless some demented one molests them.. I'm beginning to have the belief that rape of a child should result in the death penalty)

The Bible agrees with you.

Luke 17:2

The Bible agrees with you.

Luke 17:2

I'm going to look up that psg

But I believe that raping a child is a form of murder. You kill that person's childhood/innocence... The only problem is that if a molester knows that he can get in trouble, go to prison for a long time if caught, he may be tempted to kill the child, figuring.. I'm going to die for this anyway.

So I don't know about the death penalty for molestation

That's not what Luke 17 is about, is it? I've read the Bible and never saw anything like that in the New T..

???

I'm going to look up that psg

But I believe that raping a child is a form of murder. You kill that person's childhood/innocence... The only problem is that if a molester knows that he can get in trouble, go to prison for a long time if caught, he may be tempted to kill the child, figuring.. I'm going to die for this anyway.

So I don't know about the death penalty for molestation

That's not what Luke 17 is about, is it? I've read the Bible and never saw anything like that in the New T..

???

Luke 17:2 (KJV)

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

I translate that as a statement of a child molester being deserving of the death penalty.

I agree with you fully that molesting/raping a child is tantamount to murdering his/her innocence.

Luke 17:2 (KJV)

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

I translate that as a statement of a child molester being deserving of the death penalty.

I agree with you fully that molesting/raping a child is tantamount to murdering his/her innocence.

but if a person knew he would get put to death for molesting, again.. he might kill the child to destroy evidence, figuring.. I'm toast anyway

so that's not good

innocent
honest

Douay-Rheims Bible

And Jesus said:

Children are teachable. Many think they know Gods truth on earth, yet a single religion teaches that truth. The rest are owned by satan misleading all listening to them. One of the reasons Jesus compares( Luke 17:26) these last days to Noahs day( 99.9% mislead)--99% minimum today.

Have you ever even met a child? They start out totally savage. By the time they become someone you might actually enjoy living with they go and live with someone else.

According to you, these kids teach their parents to hate the police.

Idiot.

You are just thinking of children with Left wing parents that have no morals.

maybe He didn't elaborate on what He meant because he wanted us to look @ children and figure it out... I myself could watch children all day. They see the world, obviously, in a much different way than we adults.. They are honest. When they are hurt, they scream or cry... We adults suck it up... and so our problems remain unsolved... We should learn to cry to God like a child cries to his/her mother/father.. Maybe that's part of what He meant..

Forum List

Back