January 6 ‘was a coup organized by the president’, says Jamie Raskin

“This was a coup organized by the president against the vice-president and against the Congress in order to overturn the 2020 presidential election,” Raskin said in an interview with the Guardian, Reuters news agency and the Climate One radio program.

Public hearings is the way forward.

I do like Mr Raskin. There are many films of him schooling dopey goppers like Gym Jordan.
It looks like we are starting to get to the meat of the matter. All Americans will welcome this.
Like Democrats don’t lie? Taint, get your fat head out of your massive asshole. Raskin is a hack and so are you.

“This was a coup organized by the president against the vice-president and against the Congress in order to overturn the 2020 presidential election,” Raskin said in an interview with the Guardian, Reuters news agency and the Climate One radio program.

I do like Mr Raskin. There are many films of him schooling dopey goppers like Gym Jordan.
It looks like we are starting to get to the meat of the matter. All Americans will welcome this.

You realize that the FBI stated in court this wasn't the case...but post your thread anyway...

You've had more than enough time to show the direct evidence to the world, little Jamie....Where are the prime time congressional hearings show trials with all the fireworks, you lying fraud?

There's no doubt the coup attempt was organized by Trump.

But it became a special situation when he refused to take his place as the leader of the coup attempt. He had to lie and not show up because he could have been shot dead by the police or the military present. The leader of the military present could have ordered one of his soldiers to kill Trump and would have been legally within the law of the land.

But Trump didn't lead and that's the reason why it's an unusual and special situation.

Can a country's leader promote violence against a duly elected new leader of a country and then not show up in person, and be cleared of all blame and responsibility for deaths and injuries caused by his intentions?

If so then in the future anyone can lead a coup attempt against America if he doesn't physically lead, but only leads from the safety of his bunker.

We're that close to fascism in America!
Americans are standing at the junction in the road.

Yes Ive seen how the mods operate on this board.
Tommy, in fairness to the moderators, most of them have been quite fair in the past two or three months. Not to suggest they are all impartial, but they have not acted unfairly due to a bias.

I've made few 'reports' but those I have made have been acted upon to the best of my knowledge.

He sure sounds confident in his interviews about what's going to come out. I'll believe it when I see it. It took someone VERY close to bring down Gotti.

As with the other dozens of "investigations" we've seen over the last ten years, let's just get this over with.
Agree get it over with, the RICH FAMOUS & WELL CONECTED RARELY PAY FOR THERE CRIMES. So expect little & you wont be to disapointed.

who’s Raskin?

There's no doubt the coup attempt was organized by Trump.

But it became a special situation when he refused to take his place as the leader of the coup attempt. He had to lie and not show up because he could have been shot dead by the police or the military present. The leader of the military present could have ordered one of his soldiers to kill Trump and would have been legally within the law of the land.

But Trump didn't lead and that's the reason why it's an unusual and special situation.

Can a country's leader promote violence against a duly elected new leader of a country and then not show up in person, and be cleared of all blame and responsibility for deaths and injuries caused by his intentions?

If so then in the future anyone can lead a coup attempt against America if he doesn't physically lead, but only leads from the safety of his bunker.

We're that close to fascism in America!
Americans are standing at the junction in the road.
I think that is excatly what some people want. A two party state needs both parties to respect the democratis process.

Congressman Raskin is most emphatically NOT....one of the Trump's Duped & Snookered.

Jeeeez!!
Doesn't anybody read good newspapers anymore?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie Raskin taught Constitutional law for 25 years.
And you poster? What did you teach?

Raskin is head and shoulders above the duped & snookered, and their cheerleaders like Gym Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and FratBoy Gaetz. And, without drawing too fine a point, head & shoulders above anonymous fake named posters on the internet. IMHO

My poor avatar considers his views have far more gravitas than those named above.

Just sayin'.

"Raskin was a constitutional law professor at American University Washington College of Law for more than 25 years...... He co-founded and directed the LL.M. program on law and government and co-founded the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project ."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was Osama Bin Ladin at the World Trade Center? Did you see him flying the planes?
The idea that he instigated it, encouraged it, advanced it, and did nothing to stop it while he watched it on TV.......is preposterous.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that make it interesting.
How's your 'proof'-thingy coming on that one, poster Rambunctious?

Nonetheless, despite his failure to prove his assertion.....the good poster Rambunctious does pose for us a binary choice:

On the one hand, we have an anonymous poster asserting Pelosi & the FBI beat up the Capitol cops, spread their poo on the walls, wrecked furniture, stole laptops, and threatened our legislators.....and all that without no credible proof whatsoever.

On the other hand.....which gets us to the binary part.....is that

• Don Trump told his millions of followers to travel to DC on January 6th....because "it will be wild".
  • And Don Trump, with dozens and dozens of rallies under his belt used his well used rhetoric and tactics to rile & anger his followers....and instructed them to march to the Capitol, despite knowing there was no permit for a march, no pre-arranged security along the route, and that the Capitol would be lightly defended.
  • And then he sat watching the criminal assaults on the police, the vandalism, and thefts......and did zero to put a stop to it, discourage or instruct his followers to cease and desist.....despite being the chief law enforcement officer of the United States of America.
  • The attack on the Captiol and our uniformed police would not have occurred without the instigation and encouragment of Don Trump. Betcha.

The Duped & Snookered and those Jackass Patriots would NOT have beat up the police simply because Rudy G. and Kimberly Guilfoyle were cheerleading for their team.

Betcha.
The issues are not complex but still seem too much for some of our fellow posters.

I think they are just playing dumb.

Even a handpicked commission by the world's biggest Trump hater Pelosi can't find wrong doing by Trump....
Adam Shifty only found parody, Vance found nothing after going to the sCoTuS, Mueller found nothing, Obama, Xiden and Nancy P found nothing….more nothing…nobody has been investigated more then Trump and nobody has come up cleaner

Forum List

Back