it was a Catholic priest who 1st brought up the idea of the Big Bang theory!

He didn't say it happened around 13.7 billion years ago. Who came up with that lie?

How old is the universe then?

Answer my question first, believer of anything or believer of any bs that is supposed to be science. First, it was an eternal universe. I doubt you can relate to 13.7 billion years either. I have the proof as the layers of the seafloor is too thin.

He didn't say it happened around 13.7 billion years ago. Who came up with that lie?

How old is the universe then?

Answer my question first, believer of anything or believer of any bs that is supposed to be science. First, it was an eternal universe. I doubt you can relate to 13.7 billion years either. I have the proof as the layers of the seafloor is too thin.
I have the proof as the layers of the seafloor is too thin.
what has the layers of Earths seabed have to do with the eternal age of the universe ...
1621644336438.png

primordial Earth - how's the seabed doing back then bond ...

I am a Catholic. So what I believe believes a Catholic. You are no Catholic, what you believe believes no Catholic. I believe for example god "exists" - better to say meta-exists - in every nothing and god is also always directly everywhere in front of everyones eyes. And if he not exists now [for us] he is able to exist the next second. And I believe that something what god is not watching any longer is not existing at all, was never existing and will never exist. So I am not able to say god is not in his own "painting" (creation) - specially because Jesus (=god=creator) is for sure part of his own creation.
You're Catholic, but believe in fake science. Science doesn't back up evolution (except for natural selection which God created).

ding

If you like to know what Catholics believe in general - what is in a concrete situation in life often much more complex - then try to understand just simple the catechism of the Holy Church.
I often post excerpts from the Catechism. In fact, I used it to prove to you that Catholics believe the painter cannot be the painting.

Oh by the way: ¿Jesus?
Yes, true God from true God, begotten, not made. Paintings are creations.
You don't understand what you speak about. And I will not start now to discuss with you about what you don't understand. "Painting" is in general not a special Catholic expression for anything - except that we love creative arts in all forms and arts are important for all human beings.
I think it is you who doesn't understand what Catholics believe.

I am a Catholic. So what I believe believes a Catholic. You are no Catholic, what you believe believes no Catholic. I believe for example god "exists" - better to say meta-exists - in every nothing and god is also always directly everywhere in front of everyones eyes. And if he not exists now [for us] he is able to exist the next second. And I believe that something what god is not watching any longer is not existing at all, was never existing and will never exist. So I am not able to say god is not in his own "painting" (creation) - specially because Jesus (=god=creator) is for sure part of his own creation.

It wouldn't be the first time you were all over the map.

That's odd. I was baptized in the Church and confirmed in the Church.

And?

Are Catholics supposed to believe that Jesus was created like you believe? Cause that's not how I remember it.

I never said so.

The painting is not the painter.

If a Catholic said so then he gave an example fro something in a context. You try to make a brainwashing ideological nonsense out of such a sentence. God is whatever god likes to be. Painter if he likes to be painter - painting if he likes to be painting. Perhaps yesterday you met Jesus personally - but you did not recognize him. Who knows?

Catholics don't believe God was created. It's almost like you have never read the catechism.

I don't kwow about what ideas you "speak" with whom. Do you speak with you yourselve about your side what others could say if they would do so - so you are able to give an empty answer? What about a psychotherapy instead to try to discuss about religio? The theme here is about "expansion of the universe" and the influence of George Lemaitre.

290 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.

291 "In the beginning was the Word. . . and the Word was God. . . all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."129 The New Testament reveals that God created everything by the eternal Word, his beloved Son. In him "all things were created, in heaven and on earth.. . all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."130 The Church's faith likewise confesses the creative action of the Holy Spirit, the "giver of life", "the Creator Spirit" (Veni, Creator Spiritus), the "source of every good".131

Again: Don't read the bible. This will not help you - as far as I can see: Go to a psychotherapist and let help you.

Last edited:
zaangalewa ummm... you did previously make an argument that Jesus was created. Do you need for me to search for it? Which is why I say you are all over the map. It seems you just want to argue for argument's sake.

And stop corrupting the thread chains with you messed up use of the quote feature.

zaangalewa again, read the catechism for Christ's sake.

290 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.​
291 "In the beginning was the Word. . . and the Word was God. . . all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."129 The New Testament reveals that God created everything by the eternal Word, his beloved Son. In him "all things were created, in heaven and on earth.. . all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."130 The Church's faith likewise confesses the creative action of the Holy Spirit, the "giver of life", "the Creator Spirit" (Veni, Creator Spiritus), the "source of every good".131​

Catholics don't believe God was created.

I don't kwow about what ideas you "speak" with whom. Do you speak with you yourselve about your side what others could say if they would do so - so you are able to give an empty answer? What about a psychotherapy instead to try to discuss about religio? The theme here is about "expansion of the universe" and the influence of George Lemaitre.
You don't know what eternal means?

290 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.​
291 "In the beginning was the Word. . . and the Word was God. . . all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."129 The New Testament reveals that God created everything by the eternal Word, his beloved Son. In him "all things were created, in heaven and on earth.. . all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."130 The Church's faith likewise confesses the creative action of the Holy Spirit, the "giver of life", "the Creator Spirit" (Veni, Creator Spiritus), the "source of every good".131​
Catholics believe that the eternal un-created God created the universe from nothing. That's what it has to do with George Lemaitre. Maybe you have heard of it. It's called creatio ex nihilo.

God creates "out of nothing"

We believe that God needs no pre-existent thing or any help in order to create, nor is creation any sort of necessary emanation from the divine substance.144 God creates freely "out of nothing":145

If a Catholic said so then he gave an example fro something in a context. You try to make a brainwashing ideological nonsense out of such a sentence. God is whatever god likes to be. Painter if he likes to be painter - painting if he likes to be painting. Perhaps yesterday you met Jesus personally - but you did not recognize him. Who knows?
The context is that Catholics are not pantheists; pantheists believe God is his creation, Catholics don't. Hence the phrase the painter is not his painting.

285 Since the beginning the Christian faith has been challenged by responses to the question of origins that differ from its own. Ancient religions and cultures produced many myths concerning origins. Some philosophers have said that everything is God, that the world is God, or that the development of the world is the development of God (Pantheism). Others have said that the world is a necessary emanation arising from God and returning to him. Still others have affirmed the existence of two eternal principles, Good and Evil, Light and Darkness, locked, in permanent conflict (Dualism, Manichaeism). According to some of these conceptions, the world (at least the physical world) is evil, the product of a fall, and is thus to be rejected or left behind (Gnosticism). Some admit that the world was made by God, but as by a watch-maker who, once he has made a watch, abandons it to itself (Deism). Finally, others reject any transcendent origin for the world, but see it as merely the interplay of matter that has always existed (Materialism). All these attempts bear witness to the permanence and universality of the question of origins. This inquiry is distinctively human.

ding

If you like to know what Catholics believe in general - what is in a concrete situation in life often much more complex - then try to understand just simple the catechism of the Holy Church.
I often post excerpts from the Catechism. In fact, I used it to prove to you that Catholics believe the painter cannot be the painting.

Oh by the way: ¿Jesus?
Yes, true God from true God, begotten, not made. Paintings are creations.
You don't understand what you speak about. And I will not start now to discuss with you about what you don't understand. "Painting" is in general not a special Catholic expression for anything.
You do understand that every word you utter is a creation??

Greg
What you ask here has absolutelly nothing to do with the theme here nor with the reason why I say he not understands what he speaks about.

But let me answer: Nearly every word we use was invented from another human being. And nearly everything what we think was thought in the origin from another human being. In most cases we don't have any concrete idea about the real sources. But sometimes we are indeed creative on our own - and then the source is "it comes from nothing and nowhere into the own mind". If you should believe such creative acts have something to do with god - or a kind of spiritual world - then you need a unicorn, which transports this creation. Very most people don't believe in unicorns. I do.

Friedrich_von_Schiller%2C_vapen.jpg

Last edited:
You're Catholic, but believe in fake science. Science doesn't back up evolution (except for natural selection which God created).
Sigh

290 "In the beginning God (they) created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.
that is incorrect, even the corrupt christian bible begins in the plural - there is a collective that manages the universe w/ a spiritual leader who surly all are happy with - except certain satan's or > forgers, namely christians that have abandoned the True Religion of Antiquity.

290 "In the beginning God (they) created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.
that is incorrect, even the corrupt christian bible begins in the plural - there is a collective that manages the universe w/ a spiritual leader who surly all are happy with - except certain satan's or > forgers, namely christians that have abandoned the True Religion of Antiquity.

In the beginning the one truth created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And the one truth, God, said: "Let there be light" and there was light.
Zaangalewa,
corrupt human being, interpreting a sentence of the bible in the English language by thinking about German beduins in CERN sitting, eating, thinking, talking and laughing around a 1.5 million years old campfire, which archeologists had found. The eldest campfire - not "sit in" but "sit around" - had perhaps even happened 2 million years ago. Just a moment ago one of them said:

"In the beginning was the word"
Anton Zeilinger

Nice entities, this entities, aren't they?
My dog, the main reason why god is so unbelievable patient with his children

In every Catholic church is by the way a little light burning. It says "You are welcome, if you seek for god, whoever you are". Happy Whitsun.

Last edited:
Sigh

Typical. Liberalism is a mental illness.

Forum List

Back