it was a Catholic priest who 1st brought up the idea of the Big Bang theory!

ding

If you like to know what Catholics believe in general - what is in a concrete situation in life often much more complex - then try to understand just simple the catechism of the Holy Church. To the nonsense which you write in the name of Christ I will give you no comment any longer.

ding

If you like to know what Catholics believe in general - what is in a concrete situation in life often much more complex - then try to understand just simple the catechism of the Holy Church.
I often post excerpts from the Catechism. In fact, I used it to prove to you that Catholics believe the painter cannot be the painting.

ding

If you like to know what Catholics believe in general - what is in a concrete situation in life often much more complex - then try to understand just simple the catechism of the Holy Church.
I often post excerpts from the Catechism. In fact, I used it to prove to you that Catholics believe the painter cannot be the painting.

Bob Dylan becomes 80 years. Astonishing isn't it? Just a moment ago he was a young man - and now he's 80.

ding

Oh by the way: ¿Jesus? ... ¿Athanasian creed? ... Perhaps it could be a good idea for you also not to try to speak in the name of us Catholics. One reason for: You are not a Catholic. It would be by the way really a very difficult thing to study the views on materialism and spiritualism of us Catholics. We have always a lot of background. And the bible is by the way also not a god - but a serios book of books about god, which we authorized on reason to avoid superflous problems - and not on reason to cause such problems.

Last edited:
ding

Oh by the way: ¿Jesus?
Yes, true God from true God, begotten, not made. Paintings are creations.

ding

You don't understand what you speak about. And I will not start now to discuss with you about what you don't understand. "Painting" is in general not a special Catholic expression for anything - except that we love creative arts in all forms and arts are important for all human beings.

Last edited:
The English discussion "creation vs evolution" is a nonsense discussion from my point of view. For me it is a discuission from knowers of god with believers in science.

Well then, you are wrong and don't know the differences. I am a believer in Christianity and in science.
Augustinus said the mighty word of creation was spoken timeless

That part was wrong. Christianity always had a beginning and end. Thus, the universe, Earth, and everything in it has a beginning and end.

because there was no time before god created time. Nearly the same says our modern quantifying and calculating view to the world. 13.8 bilion years ago the spacetime started to be - including all natural laws, including all energy and so on. Extremely expressed: From the first plank time to the next everthing was in the first plankspace to the next plankspace.

Only good because God created time.

Then goes off again with your the "13.8 bilion (sic) years ago the spacetime started to be - including all natural laws, including all energy and so on. Extremely expressed: From the first plank time to the next everthing was in the first plankspace to the next plankspace. (sic)"

no comment, brainwashy.

Sure, that's how science explained it. The CMB is fact.

Whatever. What the priest Lemaître found out in the language of natural science means for me that the spirtual idea god exists also in every nothing - whatever this might be in a very concrete situation - is more than only an idea. If a universe is able to come out of nothing - so why should you not start to become a natural scientist ... if you are really interested in natural science. But what I hear from you let me think you will have to suffer a lot, if you will try to go this way.

The universe did not come out of nothing. You need energy first. Like duh haha.
James; if we are of FAITH then Science is simply a series of assumptions extended to their logical conclusion.....one does not "accept" a theory. One studies and finds where they are not adequate based on observation. That's how I see it anyway. Faith? God gave it to me.

If science could prove God then what is the need of faith?

Greg

ding

You don't understand what you speak about. And I will not start now to discuss with you about what you don't understand. "Painting" is in general not a special Catholic expression for anything.
You do understand that every word you utter is a creation??

Greg

ding

You don't understand what you speak about. And I will not start now to discuss with you about what you don't understand. "Painting" is in general not a special Catholic expression for anything - except that we love creative arts in all forms and arts are important for all human beings.
I think it is you who doesn't understand what Catholics believe. It wouldn't be the first time you were all over the map.

ding

I think it is you who doesn't understand what Catholics believe.

I am a Catholic. So what I believe believes a Catholic. You are no Catholic, what you believe believes no Catholic. I believe for example god "exists" - better to say meta-exists - in every nothing and god is also always directly everywhere in front of everyones eyes. And if he not exists now [for us] he is able to exist the next second. And I believe that something what god is not watching any longer is not existing at all, was never existing and will never exist. So I am not able to say god is not in his own "painting" (creation) - specially because Jesus (=god=creator) is for sure part of his own creation.

It wouldn't be the first time you were all over the map.

it was a Catholic priest who 1st brought up the idea of the Big Bang theory!​

bet you didn't know that! i'm here to inform and entertain!

Thanks for the entertainment, too bad that you failed to inform. And too bad that Neil is giving the TV version of science full of half truths.

• The concept of the exploding/expanding nascent universe was actually begun best as we can tell about 5,000 years ago by the Vedic scientists (forerunners of the Hindus).

• The actual term "big bang" was actually coined by an astronomer named Fred Hoyle (who was also a great writer) long ago, who didn't believe the theory and coined the term derisively.

The strange thing is: Everywhere where's written "Hubble" should be written "Lemaître".

WRONG. Hubble PROVED that the universe was in fact expanding.

It was Georges Lemaître who found out that a dymanic universe is possible (Friedmann, 1922) and he combined the Hubble distances with the redshift from Vesto Slipher to the law which is today known under the name "Hubble's law". This law was not found from Hubble - nor had been convinced Albert Einstein first from his own ideas, which had shown a dynamic universe, what he had mathematically corrected. As far as I heard Einstein had suggested to call the law from Lemaître Hubble's law. The strange thing: This proofs existed before Lemaître found the Hubble's law, which had explained this proofs. He had been the genius, who found out that the universe expands. He found Hubble's law and Hubble had nothing to do at all with this law, before Lemaître found it in 1927, although Hubble's law (again: which was made from Lemaître) explained Hubble's distances from 1925/26 - and the redshift from Vesto Slipher, 1912.

Last edited:
ding

I think it is you who doesn't understand what Catholics believe.

I am a Catholic. So what I believe believes a Catholic. You are no Catholic, what you believe believes no Catholic. I believe for example god "exists" - better to say meta-exists - in every nothing and god is also always directly everywhere in front of everyones eyes. And if he not exists now [for us] he is able to exist the next second. And I believe that something what god is not watching any longer is not existing at all, was never existing and will never exist. So I am not able to say god is not in his own "painting" (creation) - specially because Jesus (=god=creator) is for sure part of his own creation.

It wouldn't be the first time you were all over the map.

That's odd. I was baptized in the Church and confirmed in the Church.

Are Catholics supposed to believe that Jesus was created like you believe? Cause that's not how I remember it.

The painting is not the painter. Catholics don't believe God was created. It's almost like you have never read the catechism.

290 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.

291 "In the beginning was the Word. . . and the Word was God. . . all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."129 The New Testament reveals that God created everything by the eternal Word, his beloved Son. In him "all things were created, in heaven and on earth.. . all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."130 The Church's faith likewise confesses the creative action of the Holy Spirit, the "giver of life", "the Creator Spirit" (Veni, Creator Spiritus), the "source of every good".131

Last edited:
Why would any Jew care as we live for today?
Why not 50 years before Lemaitre, then? I mean, if it's right there in the Talmud... Anyone could have read it...
What difference would it have made?
What difference does it make today?
The purpose of the Talmud is discussion.
In fact, if you were living back then you would have been the first to ridicule the rabbi who made this statement.

You think people living 1,500 hundred years ago had the electronic equipment to do something about it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back