it was a Catholic priest who 1st brought up the idea of the Big Bang theory!

The whole Big Bang Theory of course is nothing but a reiteration of Catholic CREATIO EX NIHILO
So the choirboys are all singing the liturgical mass together in tune, the sunlight is shining in through the stained glass windows, the universe began with a big bang, and there's a "God particle."
I've had it with the Hallmark greeting card Christianity.

James; if we are of FAITH then Science is simply a series of assumptions extended to their logical conclusion.....one does not "accept" a theory. One studies and finds where they are not adequate based on observation. That's how I see it anyway. Faith? God gave it to me.

If science could prove God then what is the need of faith?

Greg
I don't think God gives one faith. One has to take that step for themselves, i.e. have the faith to believe.

There won't be any science or religion to give one a belief in God. You should already know this. One has to believe, i.e. have faith, first. With Christianity, then the power of the Holy Spirit comes within us.

We find that our faith also affects what theories or hypotheses we accept from science. Science and religion are two sides of the same coin.

The whole Big Bang Theory of course is nothing but a reiteration of Catholic CREATIO EX NIHILO
So the choirboys are all singing the liturgical mass together in tune, the sunlight is shining in through the stained glass windows, the universe began with a big bang, and there's a "God particle."
No, it isn't. It's backed by the CMB now.

The Christians also have Kalam's Cosmological Argument.

OTOH, the atheists have nothing, but belief in fairy tales (lies).

That ad hominem took a few days.
That wasn't ad hominem. You really need to stop using that term.

You dodged the question. I knew you would. Because you realized that you are simply retrofitting hard gained scientific knowledge to your silly iron age book of myths.

And yet you carried around that handbook for a thousand years before a scientist had to do the work of making observations and formulating the theory. Are all catholics throughout history before Lemaitre just stupid? Or do you think maybe you are simply contriving and reaching for a retrofit of modern, scientific knowledge to vague, iron age myths?

The correct answer is pretty obvious.

You dodged the question. I knew you would. Because you realized that you are simply retrofitting hard gained scientific knowledge to your silly iron age book of myths.

This is an example of someone born centuries after the Talmud was compiled.
He is still considered one of the greatest medical and scientific minds that ever lived.
He calculated the monthly cycle of the moon and NASA got it wrong.
The NASA scientists, who, unlike yourself, are actually scientists, had to admit this ancient scientist, who learned his calculations by studying the tractates of the Talmud that deal with astronomy, knew mathematics better than they did, even with the use of their computers.

Maimonides, and his Catholic contemporaries, apparently had no use for the Big Bang Theory, as they were too busy with agriculture and maintaining an infrastructure unaided by electricity, even though even the Greeks and Romans knew that such a thing as electricity existed.

Every time you post your usual asinine remarks, I will post another ancient Jew who was recognized as a scientific genius far greater than you will ever be.

You are a very bitter person who worships electrons flowing through a wire; a phenomenon that is brought to it's knees often enough by something we have no control over...the weather.

That depends...it's obvious from the first section of the Bible that the world as we know it did not just appear.
Most atheists will never read even a verse from the Bible.
The 2nd verse is quite overt that the energy expended from the creation of atoms was a chaotic explosion.

..it's obvious from the first section of the Bible that the world as we know it did not just appear.
Right, a magical, unknowable being just pooped it into existence, which is totally different.
Define magic; magic is not real.
A being that can create existence based on the laws of physics is real.

Google the fact that it is mathematically impossible for our universe to exist.
But I understand that you trust the mathematicians who agree with you.

..it's obvious from the first section of the Bible that the world as we know it did not just appear.
Right, a magical, unknowable being just pooped it into existence, which is totally different.
By the way, my religion does not mandate your beliefs in anyway whatsoever as long as you are a law abiding citizen which includes not screaming in anyone's face.

By the way, my religion does not mandate your beliefs in anyway whatsoever as long as you are a law abiding citizen which includes not screaming in anyone's face.
Well congratulations, you have met a minimum standard for a modern human in the social contract. So we have that in common.

You're an idiot.
Magic is an illusion.
Sometimes it is. And sometimes the gods do it. And never will you be able to decide if i am correct or not.

Its almost as if you are about to fall ass backwards into the point.

I'll save everyone some time: you don't like your magical beliefs to be called magic, because you think they are special. Period.

You're an idiot.
Magic is an illusion.
Sometimes it is. And sometimes the gods do it. And never will you be able to decide if i am correct or not.

Its almost as if you are about to fall ass backwards into the point.

I'll save everyone some time: you don't like your magical beliefs to be called magic, because you think they are special. Period.
There are no gods, there are powers that manipulate existence.
It's obvious the ancient rabbies I read know a heck of lot more physics than yourself.
That is not magic.

Respected scientist, recognized genius in math, science and astronomy.

Says you. I am not here to hear your sermon, shaman. I don't spend time arguing about magic. It being magic, nobody could ever show evidence for or against.
You are quite incorrect.
Like myself, you are too insensitive to tune into such a frequency.

Simply one example of a Jew learned in Talmud who was thus universally recognized as an all around genius...

Says you. I am not here to hear your sermon, shaman. I don't spend time arguing about magic. It being magic, nobody could ever show evidence for or against.
You are quite incorrect.

Simply one example of a Jew learned in Talmud who was thus universally recognized as an all around genius...
Goes on the shelf with any study of magical religious myths.

You are quite incorrect.

Goes on the shelf with any study of magical religious myths.
Admitting defeat already?

Right up there with the Arizal; consulted by Kings and Rulers.
Genius in business, science, math, you name it.

You can't stand it, can you?

Forum List

Back