Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

• Evil

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Wrong

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Wrong but understandable

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within divorce initiators rights

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Thank you for sharing.

Even in Traditional Society, many women abused their children. I knew three boys and one girl severely abused -- two mothers and two grandmothers. I was not abused and I viewed myself as special.
In my childhood, our mother switched us. Often the whelps would bleed. Usually it was for minor offenses. Like not cleaning your room fast enough. Seriously.
My father very rarely spanked us. In fact he would pretend to spank us when our mom told him we needed spanked for something.
I love my mother, it was a different time then. (I was born in 1965) I wouldn't go as far as say we were abused by our mother... just saying when it came to really severe punishment for even slight misbehavior... it was my mom who did it.

In my childhood, our mother switched us. Often the whelps would bleed. Usually it was for minor offenses. Like not cleaning your room fast enough. Seriously.
My father very rarely spanked us. In fact he would pretend to spank us when our mom told him we needed spanked for something.
I love my mother, it was a different time then. (I was born in 1965) I wouldn't go as far as say we were abused by our mother... just saying when it came to really severe punishment for even slight misbehavior... it was my mom who did it.
Thank you for sharing. As I said, I knew three boys and one girl who were regularly beaten with belts. I was never beaten and viewed myself as special.

And also my children's mother - on NUMEROUS occasions I would admonish her for saying hurtful things to the kids.
She would also guilt them into doing things for her. And on more than one occasion I got after her hard for things she said.
I got a temper, and I did not tolerate her berating them like she did.
It was to the point my son considered removing her from his life when he was 20 years old. And he almost did.
So yes, women abuse kids at least as much as men.

And also my children's mother - on NUMEROUS occasions I would admonish her for saying hurtful things to the kids.
She would also guilt them into doing things for her. And on more than one occasion I got after her hard for things she said.
I got a temper, and I did not tolerate her berating them like she did.
It was to the point my son considered removing her from his life when he was 20 years old. And he almost did.
So yes, women abuse kids at least as much as men.
Thank you for sharing.

According to Table 3-15, over 60% of child abuse is committed by women.

Of course most women are neither Progressive Misandrists nor abusers. There are many good men and good women.

Of course most women are neither Progressive Misandrists nor abusers. There are many good men and good women.
Of course.
But I will say it is getting worse.
Gen Z girls have been told they are oppressed and abused every waking moment of their lives by men.
It is not going to be pretty when enough of them get married to generate statistics.

Of course.
But I will say it is getting worse.
Gen Z girls have been told they are oppressed and abused every waking moment of their lives by men.
It is not going to be pretty when enough of them get married to generate statistics.
Definitely, most Progressive women are or will be abusers.

That is the legalistic approach to religion, of which, I do not subscribe.
The Bible is a collection of assorted letters and texts. A rather small collection at that.
People we do not know, various early church leaders, kings and others are the ones who chose what books to include. And of those books, they both removed some text and added their own,
Therefore, it is impossible to decipher what is "ordained by God" writings and what is not.
And for that I do not subscribe to diving into, and clinging to, every word written in the modern version of the Bible.
I am sorry, but no one should have to live their life with someone that doesn't appreciate you, was not faithful, does not support you and doesn't even particularly like you. I waited until both my children graduated from college. I was absolutely going to raise my kids. That was never in question.
This is not so, although as a non-Catholic, it is totally understandable that you would think like this. But no, Jesus promised that the very gates of Hell -- which would include such sins as lying and significantly altering the meaning of Scripture-- would NOT prevail (ever) against His Church (Mt 1618). The Word of God in Scripture has been preserved. God did not and would not allow otherwise..

It's just that people who think like (above, your post) do not have a Catholic perspective, do not adhere to Mt 1618 and etc...

part of what is so nefariously wrong in the world..

(Sometimes I think God is punishing all the insanity... Well, He certainly is allowing it, isn't HE?)

This is not so, although as a non-Catholic, it is totally understandable that you would think like this. But no, Jesus promised that the very gates of Hell -- which would include such sins as lying and significantly altering the meaning of Scripture-- would NOT prevail (ever) against His Church (Mt 1618). The Word of God in Scripture has been preserved. God did not and would not allow otherwise..

It's just that people who think like (above, your post) do not have a Catholic perspective, do not adhere to Mt 1618 and etc...

part of what is so nefariously wrong in the world..

(Sometimes I think God is punishing all the insanity... Well, He certainly is allowing it, isn't HE?)
Oh so you were there when Jesus said this? No? Then how do you know he said it?
Yeah.... exactly.. because someone told you that is what he said.
You do know that the Gospels were not written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?
We do not know who actually wrote them. And it has been argued for years and year also how old they are.
You listen to one set of scholars and they will say they are within 100 years of when the events took place. While other scholars will point to numerous words present in the original text that were not used until another 100 or even 200 years after Jesus left.
OBVIOUSLY - the "red text" is not literally what Jesus said.
You can believe otherwise, you can believe what you were told to believe - that is perfectly fine. But to think only Catholics are "in the know" is enormously egotistical and based on absolutely nothing but what people have said is true. People lie all the time.

Oh so you were there when Jesus said this? No? Then how do you know he said it?
Yeah.... exactly.. because someone told you that is what he said.
I think Jesus knew that there would come a day when He would not be around (on Earth in the form He came in) and we would yet and still need and long for certainty in matters pertaining to God

just sayin

And impeached Bill Clinton for a sexual relationship with a coworker on "moral grounds".

... whilst he was banging calista - his campaign manager or something, even though he was married to someone else.

hypocrisy at its finest.

I have known many a friend who became their 'other 1/2's' nurse , all to the bitter end.

Many were left with nothing due to the predatory HC system here

Say what you will, they'll still have my respect!

~S~

I nearly fell off my chair when Joe Biden said that American seniors would have their drug expenses capped at $2000 annually. In Canada I pay the first $100 of my prescription costs, and the province covers the rest.

When I had my knee replaced, and spent two weeks in a rehab hospital after surgery, my only out of pocket medical expense was $80 for prescriptions when I went home. I spent another $300 renting medical equipment for my home, but that wasn't mandatory.

I nearly fell off my chair when Joe Biden said that American seniors would have their drug expenses capped at $2000 annually. In Canada I pay the first $100 of my prescription costs, and the province covers the rest.

When I had my knee replaced, and spent two weeks in a rehab hospital after surgery, my only out of pocket medical expense was $80 for prescriptions when I went home. I spent another $300 renting medical equipment for my home, but that wasn't mandatory.
I'm 65 and struggling with the whole Medicare gig here DLady

It's all raft with predators standing on some gub'mit mandate to fill their coffers on the backs of b*tchslapped seniors

It can't s*ck enough

and i (we) can't refuse it

~S~

Forum List

Back