Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

• Evil

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Wrong

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Wrong but understandable

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within divorce initiators rights

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Progressive women view men as oppressors and have extreme hatred of men

CmMy6Y4.jpeg

I understand that most Progressive men are thirsty enough to tolerate any kind of demonization and abuse. I only hope that Progressive men have strength and courage to leave their abusers when their abusers have nothing to offer.
I am obviously not progressive (according to the common use of that term which I disagree with but whatever) but I have seen many cases of men abusing and tyrannizing their women.. (not that men own women. No one owns anyone, married or not)

so yeh, there is some truth there.

Frankly, it seems to me there are more control-freak men than not.. but that's just my view based on my own experiences.. I myself do despise men who beat on women or belittle them to destroy their self esteem (so they will be dependent on them, etc)

The only two ways I could see that being valid, would be,

1. a tactic to salvage one partner's finances. In this case the COUPLE remains a couple in reality and just separates their finances.

2. if the illness is so grave that the life of one is effectively over and the other still has time. Being married to a partner in a vegetative state or something similar, might be a good reason to leave.
In Christianity (the real kind) marriage is for life

just as Jesus taught

In Christianity (the real kind) marriage is for life

just as Jesus taught

Divorcing someone on paper, to avoid financial ruin, while remaining a real couple, in real life, I think would be acceptable, morally speaking.

Divorcing someone on paper, to avoid financial ruin, while remaining a real couple, in real life, I think would be acceptable, morally speaking.
I don't know.. All I know is that marriage in the eyes of God is not the same as marriage by civil magistrate.. In a Catholic marriage (a valid one), you are truly married for life.

That would.. in light of the number of my past broken relationships.. be one reason I'd be Catholic even there weren't many others..

Not worth it. You did nothing to dispute what I said. I care less what the Catholic church says.
yeh, you and millions of others..which is why this world is in such rotten shape..

Only Jesus and His Church can fix anything but everyone's running away from Him... paying attention to the human rot going on instead of doing something about it.. something like spreading the Word about Who can REALLY do something.. Who can REALLY heal us

I don't know.. All I know is that marriage in the eyes of God is not the same as marriage by civil magistrate.. In a Catholic marriage (a valid one), you are truly married for life.

Unless you are a Prince.

yeh, you and millions of others..which is why this world is in such rotten shape..

Only Jesus and His Church can fix anything but everyone's running away from Him... paying attention to the human rot going on instead of doing something about it.. something like spreading the Word about Who can REALLY do something..

I said nothing about Jesus and his church.

I chose Evil, because "wrong" is not strong enough.
I divorced my first wife in 2015. If she would have gotten seriously ill that required her to be assisted, I would have waited till afterwards.
Selfish doesn't come close to describing what kind of person who would even consider it.

I chose Evil, because "wrong" is not strong enough.
I divorced my first wife in 2015. If she would have gotten seriously ill that required her to be assisted, I would have waited till afterwards.
Selfish doesn't come close to describing what kind of person who would even consider it.
I don't know why you divorced her and it would be rude to ask but again, Jesus was against divorce. Those who know the Bible well find NO case of condoning it in certain situations. The Church He founded has always been against divorce (if the marriage was valid in thefirst place) The history of England was radically altered over this issue.. when King Henry VIII wanted a divorce and the Church said NO

I don't know why you divorced her and it would be rude to ask but again, Jesus was against divorce. Those who know the Bible well find NO case of condoning it in certain situations. The Church He founded has always been against divorce (if the marriage was valid in thefirst place) The history of England was radically altered over this issue.. when King Henry VIII wanted a divorce and the Church said NO
That is the legalistic approach to religion, of which, I do not subscribe.
The Bible is a collection of assorted letters and texts. A rather small collection at that.
People we do not know, various early church leaders, kings and others are the ones who chose what books to include. And of those books, they both removed some text and added their own,
Therefore, it is impossible to decipher what is "ordained by God" writings and what is not.
And for that I do not subscribe to diving into, and clinging to, every word written in the modern version of the Bible.
I am sorry, but no one should have to live their life with someone that doesn't appreciate you, was not faithful, does not support you and doesn't even particularly like you. I waited until both my children graduated from college. I was absolutely going to raise my kids. That was never in question.

I am obviously not progressive (according to the common use of that term which I disagree with but whatever) but I have seen many cases of men abusing and tyrannizing their women.. (not that men own women. No one owns anyone, married or not)

so yeh, there is some truth there.
This is referring to this screenshot:
CmMy6Y4.jpeg

There are also many abusive women. In Modern USA, women commit about 70% of non-reciprocal Domestic Violence, although men are more likely to injure a partner. Here. I knew women who abused their children.

Nevertheless, any man who makes even mildly derogatory statements about women is seen as a monster. Yet some men extend understanding to Progressive women who show extreme hate toward men.

This is referring to this screenshot:
CmMy6Y4.jpeg

There are also many abusive women. In Modern USA, women commit about 70% of non-reciprocal Domestic Violence, although men are more likely to injure a partner. Here. I knew women who abused their children.

Nevertheless, any man who makes even mildly derogatory statements about women is seen as a monster. Yet some men extend understanding to Progressive women who show extreme hate toward men.
There are at least as many abusive women as there are men. If not more.... again...if not more.
My first wife was certainly abusive. Not in a physical sense, but holy cow yes in an emotional sense.
This whole notion that women are one iota less guilty of anything that men do - is absurd and there is a HUGE amount of ego for those that think this.

There are at least as many abusive women as there are men. If not more.... again...if not more.
My first wife was certainly abusive. Not in a physical sense, but holy cow yes in an emotional sense.
This whole notion that women are one iota less guilty of anything that men do - is absurd and there is a HUGE amount of ego for those that think this.
Thank you for sharing.

Even in Traditional Society, many women abused their children. I knew three boys and one girl severely abused -- two mothers and two grandmothers. I was not abused and I viewed myself as special.

Forum List

Back