Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

• Evil

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Wrong

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Wrong but understandable

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within divorce initiators rights

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
No, it's not an "ideal". It's actually the baseline minimum purpose of the entire institution of marriage. There literally IS no marriage if you don't have at least that. You just have a roommate you sleep with, and you'd be better off not even wasting your time, because you're getting absolutely nothing out of "marrying" at that point.

No-fault divorce defines marriage legally as a non-binding contract.

Perhaps different religions have different religious definitions of marriage. Each religion -- Judaism, Islam, Orthodox Christianity, Catholicism, Protestantism has their own definition of marriage as well as legitimate causes for divorce.

There are three main conflicting denominations of Christianity: Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant. These denominations have different rules in regards to marriage and divorce. I am not sure how inter-denominational marriage is viewed by different denominations.

No-fault divorce defines marriage legally as a non-binding contract.

Perhaps different religions have different religious definitions of marriage. Each religion -- Judaism, Islam, Orthodox Christianity, Catholicism, Protestantism has their own definition of marriage as well as legitimate causes for divorce.

See my previous post, re: The fact that "Western Nations" have completely forgotten what marriage is for and has decided to legally enshrine doing it completely wrong for absolutely no purpose doesn't change that.

Marriage isn't what's written in the law books. That's just what society will and won't recognize in court. My marriage isn't created or defined by law books. And, like anything else in reality, the basic purpose of marriage isn't changed simply by a bunch of dumbasses writing words and wishing really hard.

Also, I haven't said a word about religion, so do us all a favor and stop trying to put your words in my mouth so you can argue against what you wish I was saying.

See my previous post, re: The fact that "Western Nations" have completely forgotten what marriage is for and has decided to legally enshrine doing it completely wrong for absolutely no purpose doesn't change that.

Marriage isn't what's written in the law books. That's just what society will and won't recognize in court. My marriage isn't created or defined by law books. And, like anything else in reality, the basic purpose of marriage isn't changed simply by a bunch of dumbasses writing words and wishing really hard.
Best luck and best regards to you and your family! Best luck to all grey couples!

Sadly, Generation Z has very different standards.

Congressional Representative Gnewt Gingrich did that. His wife was on her deathbed dying of cancer and Gnewt divorced her and married his campaign aide.

That's why Gnewt can never run for president. Nobody will vote for a turd of a human being.
I remember that. They had been having serious problems for a while. He was to divorce her because she did not want deal with the paperwork while she was so sick that she would have to do if she was the filing party. She asked to be served in the hospital to keep the server away from her home.

It was an amicable divorce all the way around.

When I split from my first husband, his grandmother said to me “In this family, we don’t divorce our men, we BURY them!”

I look at her coldly and said “I was prepared to live and let live, but if he’s gotta die, he’s gotta die!”

Congressional Representative Gnewt Gingrich did that. His wife was on her deathbed dying of cancer and Gnewt divorced her and married his campaign aide.

That's why Gnewt can never run for president. Nobody will vote for a turd of a human being.

That’s not true. They voted for Trump and he’s a much bigger turd than Newt.

Also, I haven't said a word about religion, so do us all a favor and stop trying to put your words in my mouth so you can argue against what you wish I was saying.

Marriage is a contract between two adults. The state isn't party to the contract.

Marriage is a binding legal contract between two consenting adults, to ensure the care and well being and the legal rights of both the wife and the children of the marriage. It is entirely a construct of the state and the legal system under which it operates.

Your spousal relationship is up to you to define, but the legal contract you knowingly subscribe to, is entirely defined by the jurisdiction where you are living, whether you believe it is or not.

Gingrich did divorce his first wife to marry his mistress. Then he divorced his second wife to marry another mistress.

He was cheating on one his wives (number 2, I think) when he impeached Clinton over a blowjob.

The best announcement of a divorce, by far, is when Rudy Giuliani called a press conference to announce he was divorcing his wife.

He did not tell his wife first.

Giuliani also announced he had a mistress at the same press conference.

America's Douche.

When I split from my first husband, his grandmother said to me “In this family, we don’t divorce our men, we BURY them!”

I look at her coldly and said “I was prepared to live and let live, but if he’s gotta die, he’s gotta die!”
is there any wonder why we wanna go first????

~S~

I think it depends on the marriage.

My marriage is more of a social contract than an emotional relationship. I am able to provide a home, clothes and food for her while she provides domestic services like cooking, laundry and cleaning for me. Emotions really aren’t a big part of the deal.

If I was no longer able to provide her needs, I would have no problem with her terminating the marriage just as I would if she couldn’t provide the services she does for me.

Gingrich did divorce his first wife to marry his mistress. Then he divorced his second wife to marry another mistress.

He was cheating on one his wives (number 2, I think) when he impeached Clinton over a blowjob.

Clinton was NOT impeached over a blowjob.

Why did you lie?

Forum List

Back