Is it possible that God changed Lucifer and angels in order to test mankind?

Is it possible that, in the end, God will destroy evil but will also transform Lucier and his angels back to loyal servants?

Lucifer and other angels rebelling against God seem inconsistent with the following verse.

I'm reminded of the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast". In the end, the beast is "destroyed" and is transformed back into a handsome prince.

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
unfortunately other verses state Satan and his minions end in no uncertain terms

The older I get the more I doubt everything I was ever taught. There's no proof for any of it. As a lawyer, I am required to prove everything I put in a brief. Why should religion be any different?

It's called "faith." The the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I understand what faith is. I'm just not sure I have it anymore. Nothing that's ever happened in my life makes me think there's a God who loves me. I can believe in a God who doesn't care what happens to me, but it's hard to believe in a God who loves me.

I guess we have to go through this so that we can appreciate what comes after.

The older I get the more I doubt everything I was ever taught. There's no proof for any of it. As a lawyer, I am required to prove everything I put in a brief. Why should religion be any different?

It's called "faith." The the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I understand what faith is. I'm just not sure I have it anymore. Nothing that's ever happened in my life makes me think there's a God who loves me. I can believe in a God who doesn't care what happens to me, but it's hard to believe in a God who loves me.

I guess we have to go through this so that we can appreciate what comes after.
That's what they say.

But I've been put through so much shit I find it hard to believe it's supposed to make me a better person.

...those angels who leagued with Satan will not receive redemption

If so, then it would seem that Matthew 7:18 is inaccurate, correct?

You have to take that in context with the verses around it...

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

The "tree" referred to in the verses are people.

occupied Aren't you an atheist?
I am a former believer who cannot forgive God for the evil in the world. If I should ever stand before him in judgement he's going to have to explain the purpose of my mother's horrible cruel lingering death.

When you were a former believer, what did you believe specifically?
I was raised an old time southern Baptist. We went to church every time the doors opened.

And how were you saved? How did you come to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior? How did that come about, how did you feel, how did it affect your life?
Went to church since birth, baptized in a lake, read the entire bible before I was twelve, never questioned anything until I got molested by a deacon, realized everyone knew about him and rebelled against church, remained a believer until everyone I loved started dying cruel deaths in return for their lifetimes of devotion. All of my immediate family is now dead and I am only in my mid fifties. Vast over-simplification of my spiritual journey but that's the highlights.

Your hope and desire to be reunited with your passed loved ones is only possible through Jesus. I believe that they are in ecstasy in Heaven and will be there to welcome you when it's your turn to go.

I hear you. I've been though a period where I had more faith and devotion, but have gotten more materialistic over the last ten years.

Hell, 13 years ago I was sitting on a floor of an apartment in Dallas, smoking crack with a preacher's daughter who could recite scripture word for word.

I asked for help at one time and God obliged. Been clean and sober since then.

You have to take that in context with the verses around it..

This is where I become confused with the bible. It seems that sometimes the verse means what it says but not other times.

God doesn't seem to hear my prayers though I admit things are better for me then they were. I'm out of an unhappy marriage and I think I might have met the right woman for me. But I'll have to leave the Catholic Church if I want a future with her. So really, it's kind of a screwed up situation.

This is where I become confused with the bible. It seems that sometimes the verse means what it says but not other times.

All I can tell you is read the bible more. Pray for understanding, find fellowship with those firmly seeking to understand God's word. Find a pastor or preacher who has been blessed with being able to interpret the Bible.

I've been put through so much shit I find it hard to believe it's supposed to make me a better person.

Once you graduate from this putrid existence you'll be in paradise and your experience from this will help you to appreciate that God's way is the BEST way and, additionally, you will much more appreciate the wonders of Heaven as opposed to if you had never experienced evil.

All I can tell you is read the bible more. Pray for understanding, find fellowship with those firmly seeking to understand God's word. Find a pastor or preacher who has been blessed with being able to interpret the Bible.

I like listening to John MacArthur on YouTube. I think he's brilliant.

I've been put through so much shit I find it hard to believe it's supposed to make me a better person.

Once you graduate from this putrid existence you'll be in paradise and your experience from this will help you to appreciate that God's way is the BEST way and, additionally, you will much more appreciate the wonders of Heaven as opposed to if you had never experienced evil.
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that bill of goods anymore. All my suffering has done is make me bitter.

I am a former believer who cannot forgive God for the evil in the world. If I should ever stand before him in judgement he's going to have to explain the purpose of my mother's horrible cruel lingering death.

I was raised an old time southern Baptist. We went to church every time the doors opened.

And how were you saved? How did you come to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior? How did that come about, how did you feel, how did it affect your life?
Went to church since birth, baptized in a lake, read the entire bible before I was twelve, never questioned anything until I got molested by a deacon, realized everyone knew about him and rebelled against church, remained a believer until everyone I loved started dying cruel deaths in return for their lifetimes of devotion. All of my immediate family is now dead and I am only in my mid fifties. Vast over-simplification of my spiritual journey but that's the highlights.

Your hope and desire to be reunited with your passed loved ones is only possible through Jesus. I believe that they are in ecstasy in Heaven and will be there to welcome you when it's your turn to go.

I can't believe there is anything beyond death, not anymore. My sense of goodness and justice has been continually raped by this cruel world and the horrible people who claim to speak for God the loudest. From my point of view the best, most blameless people suffer most while God rewards ruthlessness.

But how would we know good if we haven't experienced evil? How would we appreciate eternal life if we haven't experienced death? How would we appreciate the glories of Heaven if haven't experienced the many Hell holes on our planet?

God is real. Nothing didn't create the universe and all life within it. We have a creator, aka "God". He gave you life. Your family and friends that passed, well, they belong to God, not you. He called them home, where they belong. You should be grateful to God that they are with him rather than being bitter that you're still here. Yea, that's easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes, but I still believe it to be true.

Be grateful to God for your life and for the love that you have had and look forward to going to Heaven and being with your loved ones forever and in a place where there is no more sin, pain, suffering or death.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that bill of goods anymore. All my suffering has done is make me bitter.

Then perhaps you are falling into the category of Godless souls that believe that nothing created the universe and all life within it.

I can't believe there is anything beyond death, not anymore. My sense of goodness and justice has been continually raped by this cruel world and the horrible people who claim to speak for God the loudest. From my point of view the best, most blameless people suffer most while God rewards ruthlessness.

But how would we know good if we haven't experienced evil? How would we appreciate eternal life if we haven't experienced death? How would we appreciate the glories of Heaven if haven't experienced the many Hell holes on our planet?

God is real. Nothing didn't create the universe and all life within it. We have a creator, aka "God". He gave you life. Your family and friends that passed, well, they belong to God, not you. He called them home, where they belong. You should be grateful to God that they are with him rather than being bitter that you're still here. Yea, that's easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes, but I still believe it to be true.

Be grateful to God for your life and for the love that you have had and look forward to going to Heaven and being with your loved ones forever and in a place where there is no more sin, pain, suffering or death.
I wish I still had faith but it's gone. If God indeed exists his purpose for me was that my faith should die by a thousand cuts.

The fallen angels are bound until judgement day. It seems that many people are taking their theology from am epic poem by John Milton. Wonderful literature, but not scripture.
This is scripture from Genesis chapter 3.
3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Satan means adversary. His nature is that of a serpent, not a fallen angel.
Our faith journey is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep the faith!

Forum List

Back