Zone1 Is God Truly Gender Neutral?

You keep making conclusion for me that I never made. The reason I interpret allegorical accounts as allegorical accounts is that to me they were clearly written as allegorical accounts. It's about how information was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before they were recorded into written texts. These accounts are incredible for a number of reasons. They should not be dismissed as fairy tales nor should they be read literally. They should be treasured. The best example of what I am saying is the account of the fall of man. What is the author trying to convey when he said, they hid when they heard God coming? What did the author intend to convey when Adam said, the woman you made gave it to me and Eve said the serpent deceived me. The answers to these questions are of profound truth an importance to every human being. These accounts are so deep it's not even funny. They are truly amazing.
That is an excellent point. Allegorical accounts were common because it was the only way ancient people could explain certain events in terms the people could understand. The biblically story of creation was an account of creation that everyone could understand. Whether this allegorical account of creation was divinely inspired or just a tale told to satisfy inquiring minds depends on your religious beliefs.

People that have religious beliefs accept allegorical accounts that reveal a moral concept but for some reason refuse to accept allegorical accounts of physical events such as creation.

Of course, but there are a few here that believe we are evolving.
Evolve? Or progress? Some might consider them one in the same when it comes to conscience.

2 Peter 1:3-11
3 His divine power has bestowed on us everything that makes for life and devotion, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and power.
4 Through these, he has bestowed on us the precious and very great promises, so that through them you may come to share in the divine nature, after escaping from the corruption that is in the world because of evil desire.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, virtue with knowledge,
6 knowledge with self-control, self-control with endurance, endurance with devotion,
7 devotion with mutual affection, mutual affection with love.
8 If these are yours and increase in abundance, they will keep you from being idle or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 Anyone who lacks them is blind and shortsighted, forgetful of the cleansing of his past sins.
10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your call and election firm, for, in doing so, you will never stumble.
11 For, in this way, entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ will be richly provided for you.

What do you think "Adam's Rib" refers to?
No idea. What I do know is that when it comes to marriage, the two join to become one. So it could be an allegorical reference to that but I don't know. What do you believe it means?

No idea. What I do know is that when it comes to marriage, the two join to become one. So it could be an allegorical reference to that but I don't know. What do you believe it means?
I believe it is a reenactment, in human form, of the creation of the one known as "Lucifer".

That is an excellent point. Allegorical accounts were common because it was the only way ancient people could explain certain events in terms the people could understand. The biblically story of creation was an account of creation that everyone could understand. Whether this allegorical account of creation was divinely inspired or just a tale told to satisfy inquiring minds depends on your religious beliefs.

People that have religious beliefs accept allegorical accounts that reveal a moral concept but for some reason refuse to accept allegorical accounts of physical events such as creation.
There are a couple of more reasons. The first one being to make these accounts more memorable so that the accounts would be easier to remember and pass down to future generations. The other reason is that they are beautiful and elegant. These guys had nothing but time on their hands at night. I can imagine them sitting around a fire, studying the stars and telling these accounts. I imagine there was quite a bit of discussion about these accounts and what they meant. Some of it was obvious to me, others aren't obvious to me. But it seems to me that as time passes more and more get revealed to me. Just the other day I realize how significant the phrase "let there be light" and the other "let there be" statements actually are. So for the ones I don't fully understand, I just wait until whatever it is I am supposed to learn about them becomes more clear to me.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. Many, like my friend Donald, read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make themselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. It's his loss and I'm a little reluctant to reveal the wisdom to him. Wisdom should not be given to just anyone. Especially those that seek to undermine it.

But let me be clear about one thing. I do believe these accounts had to be inspired by the Holy spirit to men of character, intelligence and objectivity.

It has everything to do with it. I know the earth is more than 6 thousand years old, beyond that I couldn't say. The following is not original with me. It doe however give a plausible answer to the evidence suggesting that the Earth is indeed older than 6000 years.

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

So it is created.....now,

Now the earth was formless and empty

Why would it now be formless and empty?

darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Why were the "waters" be covering the already created once Earth? Why is God "hovering" over those waters?

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

What if this at the very least a second creation?
If you accept that the earth is indeed older than 6,000 years old and accept that creation began ~14 billion years ago then we aren't as far apart as you might think. I'd rather share my answers to your question in a PM. I'm not interested in convincing you. Just sharing what I have learned. I am quite happy for you to believe what you want. I mean that sincerely, respectfully and in the nicest way possible. So if you want some food for thought, let me know and we can start a PM discussion.

I accept that and I've told you a dozen times.

Exactlly!

This and your other questions can be answered in due course, and we can just ignore the waters being frozen to close to absolute zero on account of no light.

I agree that none of it is the least bit funny!

I don't know what he meant on men hiding when they heard the god coming? I expect that you may want to offer a literal translation of it.

But honestly and in good faith Ding, we can't just gloss over and not reconcile creation alongside Darwinian evolution.

The latter is always going to be the real world, while the former can only ever be a world of pretend.
If you accept why I believe certain accounts are allegorical and certain accounts have been embellished then why do you seemingly keep misstating my beliefs and inserting conclusions I never made? Please don't answer that question because I already know that answer and I'm not interested in debating it with you.

I have no idea why you believe waters were frozen because of no light and don't really care to know why. I can only assume you aren't reading these accounts for the intent of the authors - and have zero understanding of the evolution of space and time - but are reading it to confirm your biases. If you had read my summary you should have been able to figure out which numbered item addressed your silly interpretation of this account. Again, please don't address this point because I already know why you are doing it and I'm not interested in debating it with you. But to address your mistaken belief that this will come out in due time, that is incorrect. I have no intention in explaining anything else to you beyond what I have already revealed to you. You don't deserve to know. But I do reserve the right to correct you in the future when I believe what you are claiming is causing harm to others. So you might hear about it then.

You have not demonstrated good faith. Which is exactly why I won't be informing you of the wisdom in these accounts except for the aforementioned exception which will only be used to keep you from harming others. Unless I decide to do it in a PM with them so as to keep you from gaining wisdom you most certainly are undeserving of.

There's never any real need for the Christian turning to personal attacks! Your beliefs could be causing you anger and doubt, that lead to personal attacks against others.

But allow me to turn the other cheek by allowing you to pyschoanalyze me, if that's the way you choose to reconcile the issues.

Wouldn't my external focus of control be a direct contradiction of my alleged lack of honesty about myself? Did you mean my lack of external focus of control?
These aren't personal attacks or insults. They are observations of your behaviors. You think you are being clever but it is actually quite easy to see through you. I have no desire to explain my observations to you or to educate you on what an external locus of control means, how it can be identified or why it is relevant to your future. That you believe an external locus of control contradicts dishonesty and make up a new and meaningless phrase "external focus of control" tells me you don't know the first thing about it. Suffice it to say, pretty much every fortune 50 company understands it and uses it to weed out job applicants. It's taught as part of MBI which is a three letter acronym you can google but won't find.

I understand what they're saying here, but God is not gender neutral according to the woke world agenda. I am also one of those few Christians that say God is male because not only is He referred to as Father in the Bible, but Jesus Christ is and was God in the flesh and Jesus is male.

God is an old man in a big flowing white robe with a big flowing white beard. He leaves money under your pillow when you lose a tooth, and hides candy around your house on the death date of his Son.

When someone wants a shiny new car and they "pray on it", it always turns out that Gods's will is the same as theirs! Isn't that cool?

God is an old man in a big flowing white robe with a big flowing white beard. He leaves money under your pillow when you lose a tooth, and hides candy around your house on the death date of his Son.

When someone wants a shiny new car and they "pray on it", it always turns out that Gods's will is the same as theirs! Isn't that cool?
God is incorporeal and is every extant attribute of reality. Marinate on that.

Why is that?
Many things in Genesis, especially in the Garden, are reenactments of events that happened in the spirit world, namely the rebellion. It was a play, Adam played God, Eve was cast as the rebellious Lucifer. The creation of Eve from Adam's rib is significant as Lucifer was created "perfect" originally. It's not a stretch to believe that Lucifer was created out of God's own 'resources', different from the other angels. It (genderless) was God's special angel.

Eve was also created from Adams resources, his own body. It is significant that a rib was chosen for the task as one can give up a rib with but a little detrimental effect. That God 'closed up' the surgical wound suggests complete healing.

That other created creatures, the animals, were considered indicates that they were a type of the ordinary angels, albeit just for this purpose. That none was suitable for Adam led to the creation of a 'special' companion, just as God had formed for himself.

Animal stuff and ordinary angel stuff wouldn't do. Both creations had to be special, created from the very substance of God and Adam.

Many things in Genesis, especially in the Garden, are reenactments of events that happened in the spirit world, namely the rebellion. It was a play, Adam played God, Eve was cast as the rebellious Lucifer. The creation of Eve from Adam's rib is significant as Lucifer was created "perfect" originally. It's not a stretch to believe that Lucifer was created out of God's own 'resources', different from the other angels. It (genderless) was God's special angel.

Eve was also created from Adams resources, his own body. It is significant that a rib was chosen for the task as one can give up a rib with but a little detrimental effect. That God 'closed up' the surgical wound suggests complete healing.

That other created creatures, the animals, were considered indicates that they were a type of the ordinary angels, albeit just for this purpose. That none was suitable for Adam led to the creation of a 'special' companion, just as God had formed for himself.

Animal stuff and ordinary angel stuff wouldn't do. Both creations had to be special, created from the very substance of God and Adam.
How did you come to know these things?

Of course, but there are a few here that believe we are evolving.

Well I believe that we are slowly devolving.

God is an old man

It just so happens that God is a very dear and personal friend of mine and on His behalf, just because He's old in years doesn't mean He's not young in spirit. He's actually like a big kid believe it or not as He only gets wrathful when He has to, otherwise He's got such a playful personality. :) (And yes I do personally know Him and have spoken with Him numerous times although you and probably most people in this thread would think I'm nuts, but your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. He's both Father and my greatest friend ever.)

Well I believe that we are slowly devolving.

It just so happens that God is a very dear and personal friend of mine and on His behalf, just because He's old in years doesn't mean He's not young in spirit. He's actually like a big kid believe it or not as He only gets wrathful when He has to, otherwise He's got such a playful personality. :) (And yes I do personally know Him and have spoken with Him numerous times although you and probably most people in this thread would think I'm nuts, but your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. He's both Father and my greatest friend ever.)
Why don't you ask Him for the winning lottery numbers?

Why don't you ask Him for the winning lottery numbers?

No. Then it would be for greed and not out of love and friendship. If He wanted me to know He'd tell me. That's how He works. Sometimes I ask Him things, but often times I get a no or He can't tell me at that moment anyways. I would never ask Him for something like that though, that's just blasphemous in my mind and taking advantage of Him.

These aren't personal attacks or insults. They are observations of your behaviors. You think you are being clever but it is actually quite easy to see through you. I have no desire to explain my observations to you or to educate you on what an external locus of control means, how it can be identified or why it is relevant to your future. That you believe an external locus of control contradicts dishonesty and make up a new and meaningless phrase "external focus of control" tells me you don't know the first thing about it. Suffice it to say, pretty much every fortune 50 company understands it and uses it to weed out job applicants. It's taught as part of MBI which is a three letter acronym you can google but won't find.
O.k. then ignore me.

If you accept why I believe certain accounts are allegorical and certain accounts have been embellished then why do you seemingly keep misstating my beliefs and inserting conclusions I never made? Please don't answer that question because I already know that answer and I'm not interested in debating it with you.

I have no idea why you believe waters were frozen because of no light and don't really care to know why. I can only assume you aren't reading these accounts for the intent of the authors - and have zero understanding of the evolution of space and time - but are reading it to confirm your biases. If you had read my summary you should have been able to figure out which numbered item addressed your silly interpretation of this account. Again, please don't address this point because I already know why you are doing it and I'm not interested in debating it with you. But to address your mistaken belief that this will come out in due time, that is incorrect. I have no intention in explaining anything else to you beyond what I have already revealed to you. You don't deserve to know. But I do reserve the right to correct you in the future when I believe what you are claiming is causing harm to others. So you might hear about it then.

You have not demonstrated good faith. Which is exactly why I won't be informing you of the wisdom in these accounts except for the aforementioned exception which will only be used to keep you from harming others. Unless I decide to do it in a PM with them so as to keep you from gaining wisdom you most certainly are undeserving of.
Briefly, without the sun there is lack of heat and that means very close to absolute zero. And according to your religious belief, no other sun existed either, which makes the earth a cold hunk of rock and ..................... and......................, etc.

Don't bother making something up for me now, unless you are going to speak the literal truth which can at least be considered. Stay in your make believe world and I won't have any reason to object to your lies to others. Pretend that religion is literally true, and I'll there too.

Forum List

Back