Zone1 Is God Truly Gender Neutral?

Briefly, without the sun there is lack of heat and that means very close to absolute zero. And according to your religious belief, no other sun existed either, which makes the earth a cold hunk of rock and ..................... and......................, etc.

Don't bother making something up for me now, unless you are going to speak the literal truth which can at least be considered. Stay in your make believe world and I won't have any reason to object to your lies to others. Pretend that religion is literally true, and I'll there too.
Except there was no sun in the universe when radiation decoupled from matter when light first appeared and the temperature was ~16,000K. There were only atoms forming.

The phrase God created the heavens and the earth is the creation of the universe, not the literal earth and heaven.

It seems you believe the account of creation is a science book rather than the allegorical account of the creation of existence. And you think this is you behaving in good faith.

You are exactly what I said you are. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited:
Except there was no sun in the early universe when radiation decoupled from matter when light first appeared and the temperature was ~16,000K.
Are you back already Christian.

It seems you believe the account of creation is a science book rather than the allegorical account of the creation of existence. And you think this is you behaving in good faith.

Question for you if you're going to put your science hat on again: Did the 'Waters' drift away as superheated steam at that temperature. Don't give me any of that allegory and rhetoric this time Christian!

Question for you if you're going to put your science hat on again: Did the 'Waters' drift away as superheated steam at that temperature. Don't give me any of that allegory and rhetoric this time Christian!
I never took it off. I'm an engineer. What do you do?

The answer to your question can be found in Genesis by identifying what God created.

Don't give me any of that allegory and rhetoric this time Christian!
You seem upset. Is it difficult getting schooled on science by a Christian.

Were you aware that the father of the big bang theory is Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest?

You seem upset. Is it difficult getting schooled on science by a Christian.

Were you aware that the father of the big bang theory is Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest?

No, but his theory doesn't agree with the universe starting from nothing, as you said.

I've told you repeatedly that you were wrong on that!

Question: Which hat do you have on now?

Atheist logic...

I don't know how the universe began but I know it wasn't created from nothing.

Professor Vilinken responds...

There are a couple of more reasons. The first one being to make these accounts more memorable so that the accounts would be easier to remember and pass down to future generations. The other reason is that they are beautiful and elegant. These guys had nothing but time on their hands at night. I can imagine them sitting around a fire, studying the stars and telling these accounts. I imagine there was quite a bit of discussion about these accounts and what they meant. Some of it was obvious to me, others aren't obvious to me. But it seems to me that as time passes more and more get revealed to me. Just the other day I realize how significant the phrase "let there be light" and the other "let there be" statements actually are. So for the ones I don't fully understand, I just wait until whatever it is I am supposed to learn about them becomes more clear to me.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. Many, like my friend Donald, read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make themselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. It's his loss and I'm a little reluctant to reveal the wisdom to him. Wisdom should not be given to just anyone. Especially those that seek to undermine it.

But let me be clear about one thing. I do believe these accounts had to be inspired by the Holy spirit to men of character, intelligence and objectivity.
I'm really not too concerned about what these accounts meant. Today we have scientific evidence that tells us how the earth, man, and other creatures were created. I do believe that a higher power did something to set the wheels in motion, possible creating the beginning of time, matter, energy, and the way that these entities interact.

Last edited:
Well I believe that we are slowly devolving.

It just so happens that God is a very dear and personal friend of mine and on His behalf, just because He's old in years doesn't mean He's not young in spirit. He's actually like a big kid believe it or not as He only gets wrathful when He has to, otherwise He's got such a playful personality. :) (And yes I do personally know Him and have spoken with Him numerous times although you and probably most people in this thread would think I'm nuts, but your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. He's both Father and my greatest friend ever.)
Millions have spoke to God but very few have conversations with him and most of them today are well medicated.

Except there was no sun in the universe when radiation decoupled from matter when light first appeared and the temperature was ~16,000K. There were only atoms forming.

The phrase God created the heavens and the earth is the creation of the universe, not the literal earth and heaven.

We don't know how long a day was during the creation and we don't have all the details. Maybe God left that for the great scientist to determine. And for the billions of humans who in God's eye had the intelligence only a bit more than a grasshopper, we have the story of creation, a story that everyone can understand.

I'm really not too concerned about what these accounts meant. Today we have scientific evidence that tells us how the earth, man, and other creatures were created. I do believe that a higher power did something to set the wheels in motion, possible creating the beginning of time, matter, energy, and the way that these entities interact.
That's cool. I can appreciate that. I don't see how it can be any other way. I compare this universe to a vase placed on a table in a busy intersection. You'd expect that vase to either be where it was originally (table not bumped) or fallen over (table bumped) but you wouldn't expect to find it standing perfectly balanced half way on the table and half way off the table. That would require someone to place it there. That's our universe. Right Larsky ?

I probably wouldn't even be discussing it here if it weren't for certain posters with certain agendas. I don't think people bullying other people should go unchecked.

No, God has a dangling modifier since Adam was made in his image, he also farts.
Good point
What need would "god" have of reproductive organs. God is the one and only god or so I've been told.
Of course there's always banging virgins so...
The bible doesn't mention reproducing and an intent in making Adam otherwise Eve would have been made concurrently.

We don't know how long a day was during the creation and we don't have all the details. Maybe God left that for the great scientist to determine. And for the billions of humans who in God's eye had the intelligence only a bit more than a grasshopper, we have the story of creation, a story that everyone can understand.
I think the use of days was only used to signified time passing. As in everything wasn't done all at once. It's like when they say Christ was dead for three days. That just signifies a time long enough to know he was dead. One of the cool things about that account - other than it sequencing the creation of the universe and then light appearing which is scientifically correct - is that it tells us the only thing god created was the universe. Everything else was stated as let there be. It doesn't claim that God created anything else.

My perception of God is that God is every extant attribute of reality.

Good point
What need would "god" have of reproductive organs. God is the one and only god or so I've been told.
Of course there's always banging virgins so...
The bible doesn't mention reproducing and an intent in making Adam otherwise Eve would have been made concurrently.
That's some deep shit. What do you do for a living?

That's cool. I can appreciate that. I don't see how it can be any other way. I compare this universe to a vase placed on a table in a busy intersection. You'd expect that vase to either be where it was originally (table not bumped) or fallen over (table bumped) but you wouldn't expect to find it standing perfectly balanced half way on the table and half way off the table. That would require someone to place it there. That's our universe. Right Larsky ?

I probably wouldn't even be discussing it here if it weren't for certain posters with certain agendas. I don't think people bullying other people should go unchecked.
Define "Someone". I shun bullies, and laugh at agendas.

Forum List

Back