Iraq told us to LEAVE "their" country - PERIOD!

Poor rdean.

When his hero is caught fucking up, he has to think up a lie to defend him. That has kept him running around in circles for the last 6 years.

No, U.S. Troops Didn't Have to Leave Iraq | National Review Online

nationalreview? Pass

What did you call people that voted for Bush twice? Cuz that's approximately what you are now after voting for Obama twice.

Quick, call me a neocon Republican and demand I have no issue with your hypocrisy!

neocon....did that make your day?

We got the same treatment after we liberated Europe but we still have Troops in Germany. Remember the old saying (Americans are) "overpaid, oversexed and over here". Harry Truman ordered Troops to Korea without consulting congress and by an executive order so Korea was his baby and he screwed it up badly. We turned victory to an embarasing truce in three years at a cost of 50,000 American lives and old Harry is still a democrat icon. Shows you how far the media is willing to go to protect the legacy of one of their own.

Bull shit. Germans were trying to get into the American and British Occupation Zones. There were many more soldiers KIA in the Iraqi Occupation than in the fight to oust Saddam. There was a small group of determined Nazis who tried the insurgency gig in Germany but it never amounted to much in the UK/France/USA zones.

Why don't you enlist, asswipe and show us how to win a war.

Have you come out of the closet yet? It'll make you feel better.
:crybaby:

We got the same treatment after we liberated Europe but we still have Troops in Germany. Remember the old saying (Americans are) "overpaid, oversexed and over here". Harry Truman ordered Troops to Korea without consulting congress and by an executive order so Korea was his baby and he screwed it up badly. We turned victory to an embarasing truce in three years at a cost of 50,000 American lives and old Harry is still a democrat icon. Shows you how far the media is willing to go to protect the legacy of one of their own.

Once a new government in Germany was established post-war as per the treaties signed and agreed to, have they ever asked us to leave?

If they did, we would.....like we left the Philippines.

NO little IRAQ TELLS THE WORLD'S ONLY TRUE SUPER POWER TO LEAVE""UNLESS"" LEAVE IS WHAT OUR CUT AND RUN CLUELESS leader wanted!!!GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe how you left wingers can just keep on blatantly lying. Here's the NYT.

Hoshyar Zebari, Iraq’s foreign minister, last year floated the idea that armed American-operated Predator or Reaper drones might be used to respond to the expanding militant network in Iraq. American officials dismissed that suggestion at the time, saying that the request had not come from Mr. Maliki.

By March, however, American experts who visited Baghdad were being told that Iraq’s top leaders were hoping that American air power could be used to strike the militants’ staging and training areas inside Iraq, and help Iraq’s beleaguered forces stop them from crossing into Iraq from Syria.

“Iraqi officials at the highest level said they had requested manned and unmanned U.S. airstrikes this year against ISIS camps in the Jazira desert,” said Kenneth M. Pollack, a former C.I.A. analyst and National Security Council official, who is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and who visited Baghdad in early March. ISIS is the acronym for the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, as the militant group is known.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/12/w...rstrikes-on-militants-officials-say.html?_r=0

they wanted us out, and then when they saw a threat, some wanted us back. There is no lye jizzstain

It's a complete lie that Maliki wanted all the troops gone.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said opponents are lying when they say the Iraqi government did not want a continued troop presence in the country when U.S. combat missions ended in 2011.

The Arizona senator has blamed the current militant Sunni uprising in Iraq on the failure of the United States to secure a status of forces agreement in 2011.

He said some Democrats are trying to explain that away by inaccurately claiming the Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki did not want troops to remain.

"Opponents and those who want to justify this colossal failure that has caused the greatest threat to United States's national security since the end of the Cold War, they're trying to justify it by saying that Maliki didn't want American troops there," he told PBS on Wednesday night.

McCain: Opponents lying about Iraq history | TheHill

Stop lying libs.

McCain and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) were in direct talks with the Iraqi government at the time, McCain said, and Iraq was ready for a deal before the number of troops the United States proposed leaving fell sharply.

"What Senator Kaine is saying is just totally false," McCain said. "In fact, it's a lie, because Lindsey Graham and I were there."

"The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff himself said that the number of troops that we were proposing cascaded down to 3,000, when it had been recommended to be 20,000," McCain added.

He said Iraq, at that point, determined an agreement “wasn't worth the problem.”

Yazidi refugee crisis steps up with thousands fleeing into Syria as Obama arms Kurdish forces against ISIS | Mail Online

nationalreview? Pass

What did you call people that voted for Bush twice? Cuz that's approximately what you are now after voting for Obama twice.

Quick, call me a neocon Republican and demand I have no issue with your hypocrisy!

neocon....did that make your day?

So when Obama said the first thing he will do when elected president is end the Iraq war and bring all our troops home, was he lying and we you against that idea? Did you vote for him despite not agreeing with ending the Iraq war and bringing our troops home?

I just can't believe how you left wingers can just keep on blatantly lying. Here's the NYT.

Hoshyar Zebari, Iraq’s foreign minister, last year floated the idea that armed American-operated Predator or Reaper drones might be used to respond to the expanding militant network in Iraq. American officials dismissed that suggestion at the time, saying that the request had not come from Mr. Maliki.

By March, however, American experts who visited Baghdad were being told that Iraq’s top leaders were hoping that American air power could be used to strike the militants’ staging and training areas inside Iraq, and help Iraq’s beleaguered forces stop them from crossing into Iraq from Syria.

“Iraqi officials at the highest level said they had requested manned and unmanned U.S. airstrikes this year against ISIS camps in the Jazira desert,” said Kenneth M. Pollack, a former C.I.A. analyst and National Security Council official, who is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and who visited Baghdad in early March. ISIS is the acronym for the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, as the militant group is known.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/12/w...rstrikes-on-militants-officials-say.html?_r=0

they wanted us out, and then when they saw a threat, some wanted us back. There is no lye jizzstain

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said opponents are lying when they say the Iraqi government did not want a continued troop presence in the country when U.S. combat missions ended in 2011.

The Arizona senator has blamed the current militant Sunni uprising in Iraq on the failure of the United States to secure a status of forces agreement in 2011.

He said some Democrats are trying to explain that away by inaccurately claiming the Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki did not want troops to remain.

"Opponents and those who want to justify this colossal failure that has caused the greatest threat to United States's national security since the end of the Cold War, they're trying to justify it by saying that Maliki didn't want American troops there," he told PBS on Wednesday night.

But what about those pesky Maliki quotes saying that he doesn't want US troops in Iraq?

Does the RW posters here believe that Iraq does not have the RIGHT to tell the U.S. to leave their country?

Did you vote for Obama believing he would get the US out of Iraq and all of our troops out of Iraq ASAP or did you think he was lying and vote for him anyways?

Obama-bots might just look stupider than Bush-bots did.

“I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am President, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank. “

I don't see where Obama claims Bush will end the war or that he will try and keep troops there over 3 years later... if elected President.

It's almost like he lied and the bots are defending him.

Looking at his quote not only did Obama lie that he would bring the troops home as now he is blaming Bush for that (so are all of you) but he said it will be the first thing he does.... I don't think the first thing Obama did was pull the troops out of Iraq.

Last edited:
Poor rdean.

When his hero is caught fucking up, he has to think up a lie to defend him. That has kept him running around in circles for the last 6 years.

No, U.S. Troops Didn't Have to Leave Iraq | National Review Online

Ahhh, where to begin?

Did you read your article?

Some quotes:

Maliki was willing to accept a deal with U.S. forces if it was worth it to him (we know that Shiites in his cabinet was vehemently opposed to American troops staying)

Prime Minister Maliki did say in public, at times, that he personally couldn’t offer the guarantees necessary to keep U.S. troops in the country, but it’s well-established that behind closed doors, he was interested in a substantial U.S. presence. (Huh?)

Bush administration signed the status-of-forces agreement that included U.S. troops’ leaving at the end of 2011, is utterly meaningless: The agreement was supposed to be renegotiated eventually, to provide a long-term presence with U.S. troops in a different role. (Utterly meaningless? Supposed to be renegotiated?)

ISIS is more or less a creation of the invasion of Iraq. In an important sense, this is true, and therefore one can argue the single most consequential decision that brought us to today’s deplorable situation is the decision to invade Iraq. (OK, finally, some truth)

The roots of ISIS also remind us that we should be humble about the unintended consequences of U.S. intervention (Yea, because Republicans disbanded their military, leaving hundreds of thousands of armed and angry men without jobs and no future)

Last edited by a moderator:
Politifact lies!!!!!

It says Obama kept this promise "On my first day in office, I would give the military a new mission: ending this war".

Again, politifact lies.... how is this possible!!! "Barack Obama will work with military commanders on the ground in Iraq and in consultation with the Iraqi government to end the war safely and responsibly within 16 months."

The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are about Iraq | PolitiFact

Stop lying libs.

McCain and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) were in direct talks with the Iraqi government at the time, McCain said, and Iraq was ready for a deal before the number of troops the United States proposed leaving fell sharply.

"What Senator Kaine is saying is just totally false," McCain said. "In fact, it's a lie, because Lindsey Graham and I were there."

"The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff himself said that the number of troops that we were proposing cascaded down to 3,000, when it had been recommended to be 20,000," McCain added.

He said Iraq, at that point, determined an agreement “wasn't worth the problem.”

Yazidi refugee crisis steps up with thousands fleeing into Syria as Obama arms Kurdish forces against ISIS | Mail Online

Iraq Wants the U.S. Out

BAGHDAD—Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.
Mr. Maliki spoke with The Wall Street Journal in a two-hour interview, his first since Iraq ended nine months of stalemate and seated a new government after an inconclusive election, allowing Mr. Maliki to begin a second term as premier.
A majority of Iraqis—and some Iraqi and U.S. officials—have assumed the U.S. troop presence would eventually be extended, especially after the long government limbo. But Mr. Maliki was eager to draw a line in his most definitive remarks on the subject. "The last American soldier will leave Iraq" as agreed, he said, speaking at his office in a leafy section of Baghdad's protected Green Zone. "This agreement is not subject to extension, not subject to alteration. It is sealed."
Iraqi Prime Minister Says U.S. Forces Must Leave On Time - WSJ

The bottom line is that Maliki could not get the backing of the Iraqi Parliament (including his own Shiite faction) to extend the troops.
It doesn't matter what McCain and Graham said, those two weren't ever going to change Iraq's Parliament's mind. If Maliki couldn't change their mind, what makes you think two senators from a foreign country could?

But what about those pesky Maliki quotes saying that he doesn't want US troops in Iraq?

Playing politics. Just like we do in the west. Oh and after the deal fell thru of course he would take the stance that he never wanted the troops to stay to save face.

“I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am President, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank. “

I don't see where Obama claims Bush will end the war or that he will try and keep troops there over 3 years later... if elected President.

Looking at his quote not only did Obama lie that he would bring the troops home as now he is blaming Bush for that (so are all of you) but he said it will be the first thing he does.... I don't think the first thing Obama did was pull the troops out of Iraq.

It's a bitch to rewrite history as it's happening. :lol:

Stop lying libs.

Iraq Wants the U.S. Out

BAGHDAD—Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.
Mr. Maliki spoke with The Wall Street Journal in a two-hour interview, his first since Iraq ended nine months of stalemate and seated a new government after an inconclusive election, allowing Mr. Maliki to begin a second term as premier.
A majority of Iraqis—and some Iraqi and U.S. officials—have assumed the U.S. troop presence would eventually be extended, especially after the long government limbo. But Mr. Maliki was eager to draw a line in his most definitive remarks on the subject. "The last American soldier will leave Iraq" as agreed, he said, speaking at his office in a leafy section of Baghdad's protected Green Zone. "This agreement is not subject to extension, not subject to alteration. It is sealed."
Iraqi Prime Minister Says U.S. Forces Must Leave On Time - WSJ

The bottom line is that Maliki could not get the backing of the Iraqi Parliament (including his own Shiite faction) to extend the troops.
It doesn't matter what McCain and Graham said, those two weren't ever going to change Iraq's Parliament's mind. If Maliki couldn't change their mind, what makes you think two senators from a foreign country could?

The offer dropped to 3,000 troops remaining. It wasn't worth it to Maliki. Bottom line is that a deal should have been hammered out no matter how long it took.

And when Iraq was asking for airstrikes against ISIS last year, Obama refused.

So here we are.

Playing politics. Just like we do in the west. Oh and after the deal fell thru of course he would take the stance that he never wanted the troops to stay to save face.

So McCain was telling the truth but Maliki was just playing politics.
Riiiiight.

It's a bitch to rewrite history as it's happening. :lol:

I think we have quite a bit of re-writing history going on here. You're right. Obama made a pledge during the 2008 campaign he couldn't keep, but he tried to tie it together by taking credit for getting the troops out.
But then, we also have some folks discarding Bush heavy involvement with the troops leaving.
We are having a rewriting-of-history-a-rama!

This article covers it all, even though Red State came out with a recent article contradicting themselves from the linked article. Even they are rewriting history!:lol:
Iraq War ends on Bush’s schedule, not Obama’s
Iraq War ends on Bush's schedule, not Obama's | RedState

Last edited:

Forum List

Back