"Inside America's Great Teacher Resignation"

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
In my very good district, we have a school support member AND a classroom teacher quitting mid-year. This was previously unheard of.

Click the link for the video.

A survey of National Education Association members at the beginning of the year revealed an unsettling truth: More than half of the respondents said they were looking for a way out. That’s an astounding number of unhappy teachers. If they all quit, it would leave millions of students in the lurch.

But were these just empty threats? At the start of this school year, we spoke to over 50 educators in almost 20 states to find out. The picture they painted was far bleaker than we could have imagined: Empty classrooms, kids in crisis, and teachers who can’t survive another day on the job — that’s the reality of American education today.

In the Opinion Video above, six educators explain why they, and the American education system, are at breaking point.

According to the NEA survey, 91 percent say that pandemic-related stress is a serious problem for educators and 90 percent of members say feeling burned out is a serious problem, with 67 percent saying it's very serious.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The survey also asked respondents about COVID's ongoing impact on their schools. Even amidst the Omicron surge, more than a third of educators say mask and mitigation policies have been eased since the beginning of the 2021-22 school year. Inadequate ventilation remains a top concern. Only 38 percent of educators reported having improved ventilation in their schools and only 28 percent believe their school's ventilation system provides them with enough protection.

Just about everything the feds did for the 'pandemic' came with consequences that anyone could clearly see , save for the feds themselves.

They've trashed our economy, our social norms, and now our educational system

The easy fix here is to simply ignore the feds

The devil being in the details naturally...

~S~

According to the NEA survey, 91 percent say that pandemic-related stress is a serious problem for educators and 90 percent of members say feeling burned out is a serious problem, with 67 percent saying it's very serious.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The survey also asked respondents about COVID's ongoing impact on their schools. Even amidst the Omicron surge, more than a third of educators say mask and mitigation policies have been eased since the beginning of the 2021-22 school year. Inadequate ventilation remains a top concern. Only 38 percent of educators reported having improved ventilation in their schools and only 28 percent believe their school's ventilation system provides them with enough protection.

Just about everything the feds did for the 'pandemic' came with consequences that anyone could clearly see , save for the feds themselves.

They've trashed our economy, our social norms, and now our educational system

The easy fix here is to simply ignore the feds

The devil being in the details naturally...

~S~

I'm still furious at my own profession for caving so easily and without any critical thinking on closing schools. I will probably never forgive my profession for that.

However...

The ongoing crisis is not mitigations and covid now. It is all that is mentioned and one thing the NYT dare NOT mention: increasingly violent, rude and unacceptable student behavior.

In my very good district, we have a school support member AND a classroom teacher quitting mid-year. This was previously unheard of.

Click the link for the video.

A survey of National Education Association members at the beginning of the year revealed an unsettling truth: More than half of the respondents said they were looking for a way out. That’s an astounding number of unhappy teachers. If they all quit, it would leave millions of students in the lurch.

But were these just empty threats? At the start of this school year, we spoke to over 50 educators in almost 20 states to find out. The picture they painted was far bleaker than we could have imagined: Empty classrooms, kids in crisis, and teachers who can’t survive another day on the job — that’s the reality of American education today.

In the Opinion Video above, six educators explain why they, and the American education system, are at breaking point.

Just part of the war on children by the Left

The ONLY solution is vouchers.

W sold out
Hastert sold out
Dole sold out
Paul ryan sold out
Mcconnell sold out

Strange how Fox News loves all of those "conservative" supporters of invading iraq over 100% pure lies.... Who had the opportunity with GOP WH house and senate to

PASS VOUCHERS

Maybe ron DeSantis can lead the way in FLA...

It is impossible to be a conservative and oppose vouchers today.

Republican opponents of vouchers do nothing but sell out america's kids to stick their noses up weingartner's disgusting butt...

The ONLY solution is vouchers.

W sold out
Hastert sold out
Dole sold out
Paul ryan sold out
Mcconnell sold out

Strange how Fox News loves all of those "conservative" supporters of invading iraq over 100% pure lies.... Who had the opportunity with GOP WH house and senate to

PASS VOUCHERS

Maybe ron DeSantis can lead the way in FLA...

It is impossible to be a consevative and oppose vouchers today.

Republican opponents of vouchers do nothing but sell out america's kids to stick their noses up weingartner's disgusting butt...

I don't disagree regarding vouchers. Only what are we going to do with all the kids left after those seeking vouchers have left public schools? You realize you may get a voucher to a private school but no transportation. So you know whose children will be left in public schools.

The right answer is not "screw them", because we will all pay for it, in the same way the Left said "screw the cops" and we are all now paying for it.

Just part of the war on children by the Left

IMO we are going to have to decide that discipline, routine and order has a place in schools and GASP is actually good for children.

Because....shocker...it really is. It doesn't have to be doled out with meanness or humiliation. But just "these are the expectations, and I expect you will be accountable to them" should be basic.

I'm not trained but I can tell you straight-up I would expect a lot more money due to my gender if I was......Males don't need schools, schools need males. ;)

Well I hate to disappoint you but districts are having to pay EVERY ONE more because the shortage is so bad.

I don't disagree regarding vouchers. Only what are we going to do with all the kids left after those seeking vouchers have left public schools? You realize you may get a voucher to a private school but no transportation. So you know whose children will be left in public schools.

The right answer is not "screw them", because we will all pay for it, in the same way the Left said "screw the cops" and we are all now paying for it.

Nothing will improve until the public education MONOPOLY is smashed.

Clearly responsible parents need to step up.

The left will lie and spread fear to stop that because public education is THEIR sick honeypot screw job of kids.

No fear.

Schools will start.

Vouchers must be free.

Small schools will pop up and teach kids without indoctrination and sexual assault - and churches need to step up and contribute.

Nothing will improve until the public education MONOPOLY is smashed.

Clearly responsible parents need to step up.

The left will lie and spread fear to stop that because public education is THEIR sick honeypot screw job of kids.

No fear.

Schools will start.

Vouchers must be free.

Small schools will pop up and teach kids without indoctrination and sexual assault - and churches need to step up and contribute.

Now I'm going to tell you something that may break your brain

I would have much much rather sent my kids to a public school in a small town in Heartland USA than a private school in Berkeley, CA or Brooklyn, NY

Forum List

Back