I wish i understood that better....

well, that's how it used to be.....

well, how's that really workin' out?

i'm starting to Sue

and further, don't let 'em grind ya down here

they ain't in yer shoes!

~S~

Thank you.

I notice nobody is posting a link to a source that documents more than the normal microscopic turnover for public school teachers, year to year. Because it isn't happening.

Oh, there are teachers quitting in the districts that pay them $35 grand but for most public school teachers, they aren't going anywhere. They got into teaching for benefits that are not available in any other field, mainly 10 weeks off in the summer, no real pressure to produce results, and very early retirement. Where else are they going to get that?

Nowhere.

And that's where America's public school teachers are going. Nowhere.

1. More than 44% of teachers QUIT within the first five years Are teachers leaving the classroom en masse?

2. My husband, in the private sector, now gets better benefits than do I. I pay monthly for my benefits AND have a high deductible. EDUCATE yourself.

3. "No pressure to produce results"? My evaluation is based 40% on what people do, not me. I repeat. NOT. ME.

You are out of touch and it shows.

I think you are getting hysterical for no reason

I am the one who should be more frustrated since the bulk of our incompetent public education system will remain just as it was

who's "hysterical"?

who's "hysterical"?
Call it really REALLY PISSED if you prefer

You wanna tell us I TOLD YOU SO! in no uncertain terms

But that wont make the complaints about the lib education system go away

It is painfully obvious that the typical education degree does not include meaningful education in logic.

Saying someone is full of shit, or knows nothing about the subject is not logic, nor is it a rebuttal. It is verbal flatulence, nothing more.

I say that nobody has produced a link demonstrating that there is an extraordinary problem recently with teachers leaving the "profession." Saying that 40% of teachers quit in the first five years is not relevant. Not responsive. In fact there is still no link to document the claimed phenomenon. Because it is fantasy.

Saying something about YOUR income or benefits is not a rebuttal to general statement about compensation and benefits. Specifically, none of the above has disputed my assertions about 10 weeks vacation every summer or extraordinarily early retirement. Because they are facts.

When someone does not know anything about the subject, it is perfectly reasonable to state that the person knows nothing about the subject. You have very clearly demonstrated that you know nothing about the subject. Deal with it or go comment on something you know the first thing about.

Call it really REALLY PISSED if you prefer

You wanna tell us I TOLD YOU SO! in no uncertain terms

But that wont make the complaints about the lib education system go away

If you want to make the claim that the system is far from perfect I'm right there with you. As I have stated, the public schools range from excellent to abysmal. But there is no nuance in your arguments as there was none in Defund the Police.

How did that work out?

It is painfully obvious that the typical education degree does not include meaningful education in logic.

Saying someone is full of shit, or knows nothing about the subject is not logic, nor is it a rebuttal. It is verbal flatulence, nothing more.

I say that nobody has produced a link demonstrating that there is an extraordinary problem recently with teachers leaving the "profession." Saying that 40% of teachers quit in the first five years is not relevant. Not responsive. In fact there is still no link to document the claimed phenomenon. Because it is fantasy.

Saying something about YOUR income or benefits is not a rebuttal to general statement about compensation and benefits. Specifically, none of the above has disputed my assertions about 10 weeks vacation every summer or extraordinarily early retirement. Because they are facts.

You don't like the links, so they're not logical.

Got it.

If you want to make the claim that the system is far from perfect I'm right there with you. As I have stated, the public schools range from excellent to abysmal. But there is no nuance in your arguments as there was none in Defund the Police.

How did that work out?
Parents want education accountability

Such as cameras in the classroom

We can argue all day about the quality of the teaching

But the only way to know whats going on is for parents to see for themselves

Its the same principle as body cams on the police

If your idea is so great why has no public schools taken it up?

Gosh maybe for the same 50,000 reasons you've already been given, huh?

This has been going on for some time.

Teaching today in public schools can be downright dangerous.

Many schools in, uh, "rough" neighborhoods are filled with disobedient and even violent students.

Those students are often absent, and when they do deign to attend, they are disruptive.

Thanks to kind-hearted politicians, the cops -- and even security guards -- have been withdrawn from many such schools in order not to hurt the feelings of the little darlings.

Educated and conscientious teachers are becoming harder and harder to find.

Many schools are now being staffed by "teachers" who are simply babysitters. The teachers do their personal thing to pass the time, and the students do their thing (using the cellphone, talking, eating, and maybe even a little light making out, etc.).

And some well-meaning people say that the United States has a bright future!

Amazing!

This again?

If your idea is so great why has no public schools taken it up?

Gosh maybe for the same 50,000 reasons you've already been given, huh?
The public schools are consistently bad so why should teachers want anyone looking over their shoulder?

Schools need to be highly regimented and a emphasis put on hiring hetro male teachers.

That worked out so well for the English...

happiest-days1.jpg

The city of Nashville's school system was down 400 teachers on the first day of school.

Several schools across the nation have lowered the standards for teachers such that a college degree is no longer necessary to teach.

Forum List

Back