‘Impeachable whatever’: GOP floats impeaching Biden for ... something

I think Republicans should impeach Biden if he extorts Ukraine or attacks the Capitol
Now if only they had a video of Quid Pro boasting that he threatened to withhold money from Ukraine if they didn't do what he wanted...

“Republicans have been cuing up a potential impeachment of President Biden if they take back control of Congress in the midterm elections.

Now they just need to figure out what they might actually impeach him for.”

Impeachment as a partisan weapon.

And needless to say, Republicans will make the same claim with regard to both times Trump was impeached.

Monkey see monkey do. It was Democrats who poisoned the meaning and intent for impeachment.

Everything the left touch results in corrosion.

The fact is they were talking about it as soon as he took office. In other words weaponizing impeachment. Now you're objecting if Republicans do the same.
Speaker Pelosi took impeachment off the table when the Dems took control of the House in 2019 too. As minority leader she never insinuated that Impeachment could be used as revenge either.

Taking bribes from foreign countries as President of the United States, and since we can now impeach people when they are out of office, thanks to the democrats, taking bribes as Vice President, and extorting the Ukraine government to fire a prosecutor to protect hunter biden....
Very true. I look forward to seeing the presentation of the evidence. I assume you do have evidence?

For mandating the airlines fire employees who refused the jab, then complaining about the poor service from the airlines.
Thats...an impeachable offense in your world?

You know they work in cooperation with each other.

Vote them out ladies. The Neo-GOP pretend they don't know how to cooperate with our allies

Then why didn't somebody from the EU go there and fire him?

I bet you also believe that out of our country's 1.7 million attorneys, they chose Hunter because they thought a drug addict that didn't have any experience in their industry, didn't speak the language, and made very few trips to Ukraine was because he was the best one out of all of them?

I digress: I have a bridge for sale over here if you're interested.

Prove they wanted the prosecutor fired.

European and US officials pressed Ukraine to sack Viktor Shokin, the country’s former prosecutor-general, months before Joe Biden, the former US vice-president, personally intervened to force his removal, people involved in the talks said. Mr Biden did not act unilaterally nor did he instigate the push against Mr Shokin, despite suggestions to the contrary by supporters of US president Donald Trump, people familiar with the matter said.

Mr Shokin had been appointed prosecutor-general of Ukraine in February 2015, but the discussions in Washington and EU capitals about pushing for his removal started as early as April after he failed to follow through on a burst of expected early anti-corruption moves, one former US Treasury official said. Mr Biden entered the fray in December 2015, placing Mr Shokin’s removal at the top of his agenda on a visit to Kiev. “I know how the idea to have Shokin fired came up, and it wasn't Biden. His direct involvement came late in the game,” the former US Treasury official said. Even once Mr Biden did take up the issue, former Obama administration officials said he did not mention his son’s business or the Ukrainian gas company, Burisma. “I had never heard of the company”, the former official said. “I didn’t even realise there was a nexus — it never came up.”

Speaker Pelosi took impeachment off the table when the Dems took control of the House in 2019 too. As minority leader she never insinuated that Impeachment could be used as revenge either.

It wasn't about revenge. It was about keeping Zelenskyy quiet. They had to make sure Zelenskyy didn't give Trump any info about the Biden's, so they created this phony impeachment thing. They knew Zelenskyy didn't want to get in the middle of a pissing contest between the President and Congress since their money came from both places, so the only way to shut him up and not be overt about it was an impeachment.

European and US officials pressed Ukraine to sack Viktor Shokin, the country’s former prosecutor-general, months before Joe Biden, the former US vice-president, personally intervened to force his removal, people involved in the talks said. Mr Biden did not act unilaterally nor did he instigate the push against Mr Shokin, despite suggestions to the contrary by supporters of US president Donald Trump, people familiar with the matter said.

Mr Shokin had been appointed prosecutor-general of Ukraine in February 2015, but the discussions in Washington and EU capitals about pushing for his removal started as early as April after he failed to follow through on a burst of expected early anti-corruption moves, one former US Treasury official said. Mr Biden entered the fray in December 2015, placing Mr Shokin’s removal at the top of his agenda on a visit to Kiev. “I know how the idea to have Shokin fired came up, and it wasn't Biden. His direct involvement came late in the game,” the former US Treasury official said. Even once Mr Biden did take up the issue, former Obama administration officials said he did not mention his son’s business or the Ukrainian gas company, Burisma. “I had never heard of the company”, the former official said. “I didn’t even realise there was a nexus — it never came up.”

Your article is behind a paywall.

"People involved in the talks" said so? This sounds like the old "unnamed sources" gambit CNN is so fond of. Produce an actual quote by an actual named person. Otherwise just admit you have no evidence.

Then why didn't somebody from the EU go there and fire him?

I bet you also believe that out of our country's 1.7 million attorneys, they chose Hunter because they thought a drug addict that didn't have any experience in their industry, didn't speak the language, and made very few trips to Ukraine was because he was the best one out of all of them?

I digress: I have a bridge for sale over here if you're interested.
The Ukrainian company clearly stated he was hired for the influence his name might bring. Was it even a crime in the Ukraine to hire him based on that? Was it a crime for him to accept the job? The Neo-GOP has tried to conditional ya'll to blindly accept the equivocation with the Dirty Don's attempted strong arm ploy.......

That "\favor" was an ask for a foreign power to help Trump attack his political rival in order to influence a Presidential election. An ILLEGAL act.

And what about Hillary getting Russian information to attack her political rival, and she paid cash for it? She not only paid for it but laundered the money through her attorney.

Now show me where that is illegal.

That he set the stage for and encouraged

Good, so when we impeach Shoemaker for upsetting people enough to storm the Supreme Court, you won't mind either, huh? What about impeaching Sander's for his role in the baseball shooting? And while we're at it, get Shoemaker for also upsetting people to the point one guy planned an assassination on Justice Kavanaugh.

I mean, if we are going to hold our leaders responsible for the actions of others, let's not stop at the Republicans. Let's hold them all accountable.

Trump never encouraged a riot at the Capital. What did I tell you leftists about using lies to try and win an argument.

The Ukrainian company clearly stated he was hired for the influence his name might bring. Was it even a crime in the Ukraine to hire him based on that? Was it a crime for him to accept the job? The Neo-GOP has tried to conditional ya'll to blindly accept the equivocation with the Dirty Don's attempted strong arm ploy.......

You got one part right, he was hired for influence and they got their moneys worth too. He was hired as an insurance policy plain and simple.

Forum List

Back