Immigration & Politics

If the GOP were smart -- and I'm tempted to bold the word "if" and use the largest possible font -- they would avoid hysterics and hyperbole over Obama's immigration move and calmly and clearly point out the obvious:

Low-income Americans are about to see five million job competitors legalized. All at once.

Okay, proceed with the hysterics and hyperbole.

Low income Americans didn't want to do those jobs to start with.

That has nothing to do with it. You get yet another A+ for missing the point entirely.

Congrats, Job.

I've finally determined that the intellectual capacity just isn't there.

Not one moment of thought given to wage structure.

If the GOP were smart -- and I'm tempted to bold the word "if" and use the largest possible font -- they would avoid hysterics and hyperbole over Obama's immigration move and calmly and clearly point out the obvious:

Low-income Americans are about to see five million job competitors legalized. All at once.

If you support capitalism you support the rich to exploit the poorer against the poor...

Your perception of capitalism.

I know how much you folks dislike it, I get it.

Since I am an entrepreneur/self employed business owner, you don't know shit from shinola....I am the one doing the hiring and the last person I would hire is an illegal.

As a business owner with +/- 80 business owner clients - with whom I work very closely on their finances - I do happen to know shit from shinola.

And these five million are no longer going to be illegal.

That's the whole point.

If the Democrats were smart they would be hammering everyday on the House...that could pass an immigration reform bill today if the Boehner would just let it up for a full floor vote.

Americans want immigration reform.

That has nothing to do with it. You get yet another A+ for missing the point entirely.

Congrats, Job.

If you support capitalism you support the rich to exploit the poorer against the poor...

Since I am an entrepreneur/self employed business owner, you don't know shit from shinola....I am the one doing the hiring and the last person I would hire is an illegal.

As a business owner with +/- 80 business owner clients - with whom I work very closely on their finances - I do happen to know shit from shinola.

That's the whole point.

I didn't want the millions here before, but as you see it is not an issue of dems vs. repubs on the issue since both have allowed the illegals to reside in the US...and have not done anything to stop it...why, it's what business wants and they own our politicians which make our laws that are not being enforced, business still hires them knowing full well they are breaking the law. Yet the individuals, what business likes to call themselves, are not prosecuted...as I would be breaking laws....

Last edited:
that's not true, of course...but your idea is that it is better to exploit illegals because they work cheaper.
If the border were closed, fair wages would rise because there wouldn't be an underground economy of leftists exploiting illegals cheap labor..Where's your complaints about "income inequality" now?

Situational ethics again huh joe?

The border can't be closed, guy.
empty, unfounded proclamations don't win debates....of course it can be closed and enforced.
They will always find a way around it. HEck, half the people who are "illegals" now are folks who came here legally on other visas and overstayed their welcome.
using modern 21st century technology, our border can assuredly be closed and enforced.

There are ways to get fair wages- Unionization, raise the minimum wage, link executive pay to worker pay. Putting up a fence that people will get arond isn't it.
the border can be closed and enforced...nations do it worldwide.

If you guys would stop exploiting illegals for their cheap labor and close and enforce the border, wages will rise naturally...
You can't have it both ways..higher minimum wages and open borders encourage MORE exploitation by businesses who look to evade paying the higher wages...
close the border and deport all illegals and afterward we can discuss minimum wage hikes.

If the Democrats were smart they would be hammering everyday on the House...that could pass an immigration reform bill today if the Boehner would just let it up for a full floor vote.

No..americans want immigration laws ENFORCED..."immigration reform" = amnesty and americans do not want amnesty for illegals.

Congrats, Job.

That's the whole point.

80 people does not a nation make...

They should have done that from the get go. But, they didn't. Now, the reason that they did not do that is that they do not give a damn. They are all about wage suppression.

Congrats, Job.

That's the whole point.

80 people does not a nation make...

Ya think?

But it sure as hell provides an educated perspective.

They should have done that from the get go. But, they didn't. Now, the reason that they did not do that is that they do not give a damn. They are all about wage suppression.

Well, that's why I made the "if" point.

Too many of them are simply not thinking clearly.

No..americans want immigration laws ENFORCED..."immigration reform" = amnesty and americans do not want amnesty for illegals.

Good thing nobody is granting "amnesty" (well, except Reagan...I wonder if the GOP wants to dig up zombie Reagan and impeach him).

Americans support the Dream Act and other comprehensive immigration reform including a path to citizenship.

2-27-2014_06.png

I'm missing the point here, these people are already here and are working already, they are contributing a lot more than our congress has in the past six years or even more. The right wing in America and its corporate sponsors love that the enemy is defined so they can outsource and hide their money off shore, meanwhile the wingnuts worry over other immigrants for we are all immigrants to the nation and to the world. Last I checked working people contribute more than talking people.

If you guys would stop exploiting illegals for their cheap labor and close and enforce the border, wages will rise naturally...
You can't have it both ways..higher minimum wages and open borders encourage MORE exploitation by businesses who look to evade paying the higher wages...
close the border and deport all illegals and afterward we can discuss minimum wage hikes.

Actually, if you want to talk about workplace enforcement, it's a pretty simple way to do that.

YOu let it be known there will be huge fines if you are caught with an illegal on your premises, and you have a 1-800 number where employees can rat out their bosses. If you're right, you get a reward.

But thinking you can build a fence to keep those people out is still fucking silly.

And while I'm thinking of it, here's another thing.

Why do I never see a conversation about demand? Why is no one talking about the root of this problem, the fact that so many people want to escape the shit hole down south and come here? Willing to risk their lives and the lives of their children to escape?

Seems to me that it would be in our best interest to examine that and develop a policy of working with our southern neighbors to improve conditions there.

Good thing nobody is granting "amnesty" (well, except Reagan...I wonder if the GOP wants to dig up zombie Reagan and impeach him).

Americans support the Dream Act and other comprehensive immigration reform including a path to citizenship.

2-27-2014_06.png

reagan?
Is reagan the president now? reagan was not in favor of amnesty and only agreed to limited amnesty to clean up the mess that leftists had made...but that's all irrelevant and a distraction anyway... your position is that you think that misconduct in the past excuses misconduct today and that's absolutely absurd...

Why is the border open?
Why do you favor amnesty for people whose first act was to break our law?

americans don't want amnesty for illegals
americans don't want the border open

You guys will regret this one day. Watch. collapse the system that has coddled you and you'll find it a tough world to live in.
All good., though.

Actually, if you want to talk about workplace enforcement, it's a pretty simple way to do that.

YOu let it be known there will be huge fines if you are caught with an illegal on your premises, and you have a 1-800 number where employees can rat out their bosses. If you're right, you get a reward.

But thinking you can build a fence to keep those people out is still fucking silly.

Close and enforce the border.
Deport all illegals.
Nothing to it.

Why do I never see a conversation about demand? Why is no one talking about the root of this problem, the fact that so many people want to escape the shit hole down south and come here? Willing to risk their lives and the lives of their children to escape?

Seems to me that it would be in our best interest to examine that and develop a policy of working with our southern neighbors to improve conditions there.

if these people don't have the courage, fortitude, patriotism and loyalty to fix their OWN country, we can be sure they will have none for ours.

That conversation will need to deal with the repercussions of IMF and the world bank.

right, because welfare pays better-----------do you see anything wrong with that?

I'm missing the point here, these people are already here and are working already, they are contributing a lot more than our congress has in the past six years or even more. The right wing in America and its corporate sponsors love that the enemy is defined so they can outsource and hide their money off shore, meanwhile the wingnuts worry over other immigrants for we are all immigrants to the nation and to the world. Last I checked working people contribute more than talking people.

they are here ILLEGALLY, the violated our laws and entered our country illegally. Do you know what ILLEGAL means?

We have immigration laws, we are not enforcing them. No other country in the world does that.

WTF is wrong with you?

Says who? I see Americans working them everyday. I guess what you are saying is what I suspected, the only reason the democrats are for this is because it is modern slavery. Low paid no benefit jobs.

Forum List

Back