I'm Not Really Sure Why I Have Received Comments That This Is Blasphemous

So Christianity to you is just make up anything at all lest you're a Pharisee?
You make no sense as you pick and choose to push off your own version of legalism and it is obvious as you claim "I am right" while trying to trash something you obviously do not understand.

No strawmen, just your running away from answering. Asking a QUESTION cannot make a strawman ARGUMENT. But I understand your reluctance.

That's the problem, she has no problem asking us questions but doesn't seem to like us asking her questions.

No strawmen, just your running away from answering. Asking a QUESTION cannot make a strawman ARGUMENT. But I understand your reluctance.

She is not telling a story of God working through people. She is reinventing God.

Anyone can do that. But I have a hard time believing that a Believer would do that even after understanding the warnings.

So then no hard feelings?

Of course not. This is not personal. You said you don't understand why you're getting comments that your story is blasphemous. People are trying to tell you why--and why you will continue to get them.

Do with that what you will

FJB , here's one of the reasons why I think portraying God as a rock and roll dude will inevitably receive at least some negative feedback.

Even though I don't think all rock music is the same... as a genre, rock n roll is known for being about rebellion. That's why a lot of rock stars are known for living crazy hedonistic lifestyles (sex, drugs, alcohol, recklessness etc, etc) Also, especially when it comes to metal or harder rock, a lot of them intentionally portray themselves as being on the "dark side." I mean, it is undeniable that a lot of them use blatantly satanic imagery on their album covers, their stage presence, etc.

So it's associated with all that stuff.... even if not all rock music is like that. But as I said earlier, my main point was that the bible says to stay away from worldliness. And I think portraying God as a rock and roll guy goes against those commands to not be like the world or love the things of this world.

Not to open up a whole new can of worms, but you do know who the bible says is the lowercase "god of this world", right?

Last edited:
Clyde, you write a good post but where is there any private interpretation? Private interpretation implies an interpretation that conflicts with the word in the Bible--- how has that happened here?

And if you think writing a religious themed fiction account for kids to introduce them to and attract them to God is the work of Satan (as some have implied here), then holy crap, boy howdy, you better get busy.

View attachment 628419
View attachment 628420View attachment 628423View attachment 628424
View attachment 628425
View attachment 628427
View attachment 628428

Oh, the horror-- Better contact these publishers quick and tell them THERE SHALL BE NO DISCUSSION OF GOD EXCEPT FOR READING IT VERBATIM OUT OF THE BIBLE. :smoke:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life; and few there be that find it." -- Matthew 7:13-14

There is only one way to confirm a righteous doctrine. Find it in the word of God. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17) One cannot actually hear the Word unless someone first reads the word......unless you want to depend upon another's imagination presented via paraphrased private interpretation.

You refuse to accept the command found in the Bible to "not go beyond what is written........as to not become "puffed up" (with pride) one against another" -- 1 Cor. 4:6 ? You declare there can be no discussion about the topic introduced? I did not breech the subject. The question was asked........why some find its blasphemous? :dunno: No? It because its not authorized by the only source that man can confirm is direction from God. The Holy Scriptures.

Again........find one passage in the N.T. where a musical instrument is used to praise or worship God. ONE........its not rocket science. You are either correct or incorrect.

You can claim that you talk directly to God......and He directly answers......but, that would make you one of two things. A liar, or delusional, as God has no respect of person (Romans 2:11).......yet you expect others to present accolade void of you having the ability to prove your statements via the use of Human Reason and Logic.....such as proving that such worship is authorized by God's revelation He presented to man through the inspired work of the Holy Ghost in using the Apostles of Christ to spread the gospel (faith)?

We as Christians are admonished to use the God granted gift of logic and reason to seek out the truth. "Come now......let us reason together......." -- Isa. 1:18. Follow the example of the Apostles of Christ. Paul would read from the scriptures anytime he came into a new territory, to help evangelize and spread the Gospel of Christianity. He used the scriptures to prove that which he spoke was truth via confirming what was spoken through the scriptures. (Acts 17:2-3, 17:17)

You can discuss God all you want........but when you suggest that it's appropriate to teach children to worship and praise God via the use of a tool that is not authorized to worship or praise God, its time to defend the actual truth found in the scriptures. As the Christ said to the woman at the well in relation to worshiping God........"Ye worship Ye no not what: we know what we worship........." -- John 4:22

Suppose you were deceived by Satan or his minions and thought you were worshiping God but in actually were doing the opposite? Deceit and Deflection are the favorite tools of Satan when confronted with the truth found in the Holy Scriptures.

Without being capable of pointing to the recorded Word of God that has existed in one format or another for about 3500 years and prove your reasoned source........how can you confirm what you practice as being acceptable to God? "Feeling" has no place when seeking truth...........many people feel good about the wrong things.

Last edited:
One last post on the subject. When you worship God........you are doing so to praise Him, you do not go to any congregational service to entertain or heap praise upon yourself or any other person within the church.

We are meeting once a week as instructed in scripture, on the 1st day of the week (Sunday) in order to break bread (Communion....not the feeding of ourselves -- 1 Cor. 11:2-22) and contribute for the good of the membership, in remembrance to the great sacrifice that Christ Jesus made to defeat the death associated with sin......until His second coming and final judgment. We are running a race to the end so that salvation can come after the race has ended, there are rules and regulations applied to races that must be obeyed or you become disqualified. (1 Cor. 9:20-24)

Meeting on the 1st day of the week (Acts 20:7) Making contributions has God has prospered us on the 1st day of the week (1 Cor. 16:2)

Communion in remembrance of Christ Jesus' sacrifice and death...where we come into symbolic contact with the sacrificial blood of Christ, each and every week until His promised return and judgment (1 Cor. 11:23-24)

To the extent that blasphemy involves speaking sacrilegiously about God, then it turns on what sacrilege means. Apparently it means a violation or misuse of that which is sacred. So, to analogize Jesus to a modern day rock star could be blasphemy IF it is somehow a misuse or violation of the Name of (or the “Being” of) Jesus.

I don’t think your analogy qualifies. If it did, then I suppose so does Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar.

She is not telling a story of God working through people. She is reinventing God.
How? Specifics. What is the rock god if not a contemporary person whom God is working through?

Anyone can do that.
Really? Can you?

But I have a hard time believing that a Believer would do that even after understanding the warnings.
What warnings? Sue, you seem to be drawing conclusions from assumptions that to me seem pretty unjustified. BTW Sue, using the term 'believer' implies blind faith. I do not live by blind faith or "beliefs" but actual direct experience. I'll take that any day over mere belief.

FJB , here's one of the reasons why I think portraying God as a rock and roll dude will inevitably receive at least some negative feedback.

Even though I don't think all rock music is the same... as a genre, rock n roll is known for being about rebellion. That's why a lot of rock stars are known for living crazy hedonistic lifestyles (sex, drugs, alcohol, recklessness etc, etc) Also, especially when it comes to metal or harder rock, a lot of them intentionally portray themselves as being on the "dark side." I mean, it is undeniable that a lot of them use blatantly satanic imagery on their album covers, their stage presence, etc.

So it's associated with all that stuff.... even if not all rock music is like that. But as I said earlier, my main point was that the bible says to stay away from worldliness. And I think portraying God as a rock and roll guy goes against those commands to not be like the world or love the things of this world.

Not to open up a whole new can of worms, but you do know who the bible says is the lowercase "god of this world", right?

Of course Satan,.. but the kind of rock and roll music DJ does is mostly fifties and sixties music as that was back in an innocent time. Nothing is personal with you either btw, at least you explain yourself more and you have gotten a lot better about not saying the same thing again and again using different words.

To the extent that blasphemy involves speaking sacrilegiously about God, then it turns on what sacrilege means. Apparently it means a violation or misuse of that which is sacred. So, to analogize Jesus to a modern day rock star could be blasphemy IF it is somehow a misuse or violation of the Name of (or the “Being” of) Jesus.

I don’t think your analogy qualifies. If it did, then I suppose so does Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar.

The other problem is I think is that for some strange reason people cannot seem to picture God actually enjoying Himself and having fun and I don't know really why not as Him dancing to something like this would just be nothing more than that and I've been thinking about writing it in that DJ does lol (He dances sometimes too even though he mostly sings and plays the electric guitar. :) )

Conclusion: One either accepts the truth found to exist within the Holy Word of God.......or they do not. There is no personal animosity whatsoever. God wants everyone to come to the knowledge of the truth in order to be saved (1 Tim. 2:4).....it would be unChristian to engage in any other action. My posts are from the heart not HATE as many would suggest. Love includes TRUTH.

A Christian's duty is concluded via making the truth known through the word of God when he/she, ".........is in season, out of season, (the presentation of the WORD works toward truth in...) reproof, rebuke, exhortation, with all longsuffering (I think I have been very longersuffering in attempting to present the actual record found within the N.T.).........AND DOCTRINE -- 2 Tim. 4:2

Other than informing someone of the actual truth..........their own salvation presents a situation where they are actually personally responsible for the actions they take or refuse to take in accepting or rejecting the provided truth, "Wherefore my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my absence, WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING." -- Phil. 2:12

Simply believing is not enough, "Thou believe there is only One God (and one truth, one church, One Son, One Holy Ghost One salvation -- Eph. 4:5) thou doeth well; THE DEVILS ALSO BELIEVE AND TREMBLE." -- James 2:19

It takes both faith and works, to win the race.......they do not contradict the other, they work together to form One Truth, "Faith without works is dead as is works without faith." -- James 2:20-26

Simple, unambiguous. Scriptural Truth presented with "HOPE" and "LOVE".

Last edited:
The other problem is I think is that for some strange reason people cannot seem to picture God actually enjoying Himself and having fun and I don't know really why

Good point. Most people have this picture that God is somehow this old, stoic, bearded figure that just sits in heaven throwing thunderbolts and pestilence at people-- no doubt from the thinking and world men lived in 2000 years ago. Folks should realize that no quality or activity exists in finite quantity in the temporal word without first existing in unlimited quantity in the eternal kingdom of God. Before a thing can happen here in the material world, it must first exist in the plane of ideas-- before a chair can exist, first the IDEA of a chair must exist! Put simply, there is no limit to the number of activities that God can do all at the same time, God is the supreme dancer, God is the supreme musician, God is the supreme artisan. God is just as much at home playing the role of a peasant as he is a king.

How? Specifics. What is the rock god if not a contemporary person whom God is working through?

Really? Can you?

What warnings? Sue, you seem to be drawing conclusions from assumptions that to me seem pretty unjustified. BTW Sue, using the term 'believer' implies blind faith. I do not live by blind faith or "beliefs" but actual direct experience. I'll take that any day over mere belief.

"direct experience"

That was worth a chuckle for real

Good point. Most people have this picture that God is somehow this old, stoic, bearded figure that just sits in heaven throwing thunderbolts and pestilence at people-- no doubt from the thinking and world men lived in 2000 years ago. Folks should realize that no quality or activity exists in finite quantity in the temporal word without first existing in unlimited quantity in the eternal kingdom of God. Before a thing can happen here in the material world, it must first exist in the plane of ideas-- before a chair can exist, first the IDEA of a chair must exist! Put simply, there is no limit to the number of activities that God can do all at the same time, God is the supreme dancer, God is the supreme musician, God is the supreme artisan. God is just as much at home playing the role of a peasant as he is a king.
There is no logic or reason to the statement, "........no quality or activity exists in the finite quanity in the temporal world without first existing in unlimited quantity in the eternal kingdom of God." Men reason and commit acts of sin constantly, it even became so bad that God was made sorry that He ever created man on earth........and decided to wipe out the entire concept of humanity from the earth (Genesis 6:6) Its called FREE WILL. Its man that decides to be righteous or unrighteous, thus not EVERY ACTIVITY can exist in the eternal kingdom of God.

God cannot look upon sin, thus sin can never exist in his abode of Heaven. (Isa. 1:15-17, 59:1-2) If God cannot look upon you, you have no place in Heaven.

Sin cannot exist in Heaven.......no activity that God forbids by His Moral Law can exist outside this temporal plane of reality called "LIFE". Once your spirit is separated from your body.........all activity or chance thereof ceases to exist.

"I must work the work of Him who sent Me, while it is day (while life remains); the night (death) cometh, when no man can work." -- John 9:4

Even something so simple as partaking of a fruit that God has forbidden.........is a Sin that God cannot look upon. Regardless of how man might define something such as eating fruit as a sin. It became sin when Gods law was broken. Men do not get to establish the perimeter of what is defined as Sin..........God does. God created the fruit........the fruit in itself is not sinful, sin is established when man breaks THE LAW. (God's Law).

Sin is translated from the Greek, it means to "miss the mark".........God establishes the mark. Crime is missing the mark established by man. Thus......no one would be sentenced to eternal death for simply eating a fruit. There is no sin established by God that does not carry the sentence of death. (1 John 3:4)......because all men sin through omission or commission in their lives, they miss the mark set by God.

God defines Murder as a sin not because man has determined the Mark to be immoral because He (God) has forbidden it. The mark that God has set can be broken by going beyond that mark as well as failing to reach it. (1 John 5:17), the only way to defeat death is to REPENT (turn away) from your sin and ask the Christ to cover your sin as our advocate. There is one sin that leads to eternal death "always"............the unrepentant sin, aka. Sinning against the Holy Ghost by lying and pretending to repent attempting to fool others but God knows. When the dark (death) overtakes you......its to late.

Last edited:
There is no logic or reason to the statement, "........no quality or activity exists in the finite quanity in the temporal world without first existing in unlimited quantity in the eternal kingdom of God." Men reason and commit acts of sin constantly, it even became so bad that God was made sorry that He ever created man on earth........and decided to wipe out the entire concept of humanity from the earth (Genesis 6:6) Its called FREE WILL. Its man that decides to be righteous or unrighteous, thus not EVERY ACTIVITY can exist in the eternal kingdom of God.

God cannot look upon sin, thus sin can never exist in his abode of Heaven. (Isa. 1:15-17, 59:1-2) If God cannot look upon you, you have no place in Heaven.

200.gif

LOOK, Hippocrates, are you remotely aware of tripping over your own words? For you claim that reason is an act of man, then you say that there is no logic or reason to the nature of the astral plane (heaven) as if it were all meant to be added up by mere mortals by reason!

Do you ever get tired of bloviating the same old holier than thou stinky crap that the earth shall open wide and smite all with brimstone who don't fall into line with your brand of puritanical bigotry?

View attachment 629620

LOOK, Hippocrates, are you remotely aware of tripping over your own words? For you claim that reason is an act of man, then you say that there is no logic or reason to the nature of the astral plane (heaven) as if it were all meant to be added up by mere mortals by reason!

Do you ever get tired of bloviating the same old holier than thou stinky crap that the earth shall open wide and smite all with brimstone who don't fall into line with your brand of puritanical bigotry?
No dummy...........I said there is no reason or logic TO YOUR STATEMENT.........its based upon idiocy. Sin cannot exist in Heaven. Sin is a concept of physical reality and could never exist within the Super (superior) Natural (superior to nature) realm of HEAVEN. :disbelief:

God cannot look upon sin......sin hides the face of God. "But your iniquities have separated you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear." -- Isaiah 59:2 Not only can God not look upon sin........He will not even entertain your prayers (hear) if you are actively engaged in YOUR FREE WILL ACT OF SIN. ;)

God defines SIN........not man. Man has been endowed with FREE WILL........as evidenced, God became sorry that He ever created man on earth because, "God saw the wickedness of man was great on earth; and that every imagination of the thoughts of his (man's) heart was only evil CONTINUALLY." -- Genesis 6:5-6

If free will did not exist...........God could not be sorry (if every move man makes was predestined/planned) as God would already know before man had chosen to break His law....... the outcome would make God a liar.

Thus..........NO REASON, NO LOGIC to such an idiotic statement. Which concludes with blaming God for man's sinful actions. The Law identifies Sin.......man must act or refuse to act freely to engage in sin. That's why sin cannot exist in the animal kingdom........there is no concept of Law in nature, no right or wrong, its all based upon instinct not reason. Only man reason about his/her own mortality and plan to do good or evil.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back