I'm Not Really Sure Why I Have Received Comments That This Is Blasphemous

And maybe that's why it wasn't accepted into canon, you think?
I would not presume to know.

Maybe if you made the statement that the Bible was written "hundreds of years" after Christ lived--and made that statement more than once--you don't know as much as you think you do. Maybe?
You're right. I never said I was an expert on the Bible as everyone else here is. Though baptized christian and having grown up with the Bible, going to Sunday mass and bible school as a kid and even once having memorized all the books of the Bible, today, it is but one of about a half dozen religions I've studied, plus having mentored for a time under the tutelage of a bonafide holy man or spiritual master (pick your own term) who used to give talks before the UN until his passing about 15 years ago.

I never claimed to be any expert on the Bible here, I was merely commenting on the nature of ideas and how they relate to the material world in a way that is well-documented and accepted for a very long time, and to lay support to the idea that at least in principle, your attacks upon FJB's efforts to create a palpable story-line of ideas to introduce children to the ideas fleshed out in the Bible of sharing, loving and unity are premature and uncalled for.

You questioned other people if they were believers, yet how little faith have you shown here in this thread for people who do believe.

You're right. I never said I was an expert on the Bible as everyone else here is. Though baptized christian and having grown up with the Bible, going to Sunday mass and bible school as a kid and even once having memorized all the books of the Bible, today, it is but one of about a half dozen religions I've studied, plus having mentored for a time under the tutelage of a bonafide holy man or spiritual master (pick your own term) who used to give talks before the UN until his passing about 15 years ago.

I never claimed to be any expert on the Bible here, I was merely commenting on the nature of ideas and how they relate to the material world in a way that is well-documented and accepted for a very long time, and to lay support to the idea that at least in principle, your attacks upon FJB's efforts to create a palpable story-line of ideas to introduce children to the ideas fleshed out in the Bible of sharing, loving and unity are premature and uncalled for.

You questioned other people if they were believers, yet how little faith have you shown here in this thread for people who do believe.

So you didn't know when the books of the Bible were written. That's your level of understanding. But you have horned in on me weighing in on whether a book topic is blasphemous--the very topic of her OP.

Judgmental much?

Moreover

God is someone I worship, study and adore, presumably like the OP. Too many defend her choice: "Just let her imagine Him like some rock star the kids will love it!!"

Hey, okay. Can I rewrite your wife? Can I imagine her a lot different and less than she is?

How bout your kids? Your mom?

And hey I don't really think your wife and kids are very you know, relatable. They need an upgrade. That cool with you?

Oh wait--you have a problem with that? Chill out. Be accepting.

See?

So you didn't know when the books of the Bible were written.
So--- what? WTF are you even taking about? I told you. Here, want the dates?

That's your level of understanding.
WHAT is my level of understanding? You seem to know everything!

But you have horned in on me weighing in on whether a book topic is blasphemous--
Horned in on YOU? HEY ASSHOLE, I never wrote a word to you, Moron, YOU are the one who began questioning and attacking me giving me the 3rd degree BITCH. And the more you've talked since, the bigger ignoramus buffoons you and Clyde have proven yourselves to be. Buzz off. And take your "blasphemy" and CRAM IT SISTER.

Moreover -- -- -- --

Wow, triggered much, Sweet Sue?

iujones.gif

One thing I've come to realize Sue is that I used to think you were a pretty nice person, but like a lot of religious zealots, You live in a very narrow rigid understanding of religion, all YOUR way or no way, and rather than being interested in learning more, you take any idea unfamiliar to you and ATTACK IT out of fear that it may shake the foundation of your very fragile world.

I think you've badly misunderstood everything here: no one ever said god was a rock star; what if instead, someone had said God was a carpenter! Oh Gee! Wasn't that Jesus? What about Moses, what was he? Shall I name more? Didn't God work through all of them? No one ever said the rock star WAS GOD, the rock star is just as contemporary theme kids can relate to of a fictional character that God chose to work through in various ways to demonstrate christian themes like 100 other children books, but seeing how that has already been told you maybe SIX TIMES here, you've just proven yourself REALLY REALLY DENSE.

Wow, triggered much, Sweet Sue?

View attachment 630464

One thing I've come to realize Sue is that I used to think you were a pretty nice person, but like a lot of religious zealots, You live in a very narrow rigid understanding of religion, all YOUR way or no way, and rather than being interested in learning more, you take any idea unfamiliar to you and ATTACK IT out of fear that it may shake the foundation of your very fragile world.

I think you've badly misunderstood everything here: no one ever said god was a rock star; what if instead, someone had said God was a carpenter! Oh Gee! Wasn't that Jesus? What about Moses, what was he? Shall I name more? Didn't God work through all of them? No one ever said the rock star WAS GOD, the rock star is just as contemporary theme kids can relate to of a fictional character that God chose to work through in various ways to demonstrate christian themes like 100 other children books, but seeing how that has already been told you maybe SIX TIMES here, you've just proven yourself REALLY REALLY DENSE.

Moses was a person.

Jesus was the Son. He did come to earth.

The OP absolutely is writing God as a rock star. Not a person God is working through. I can't imagine a Christian having a problem with that. Or if they did this is their problem.

No the character named DJ IS GOD.

Last edited:
So--- what? WTF are you even taking about? I told you. Here, want the dates?

WHAT is my level of understanding? You seem to know everything!

Horned in on YOU? HEY ASSHOLE, I never wrote a word to you, Moron, YOU are the one who began questioning and attacking me giving me the 3rd degree BITCH. And the more you've talked since, the bigger ignoramus buffoons you and Clyde have proven yourselves to be. Buzz off. And take your "blasphemy" and CRAM IT SISTER.

You did horn in from the beginning. If you don't believe in blasphemy in the first place no writing about God could ever be blasphemous.

On a smaller scale

If I am going to rewrite your wife but have absolutely no respect for her, no writing could seem disrespectful to me.

Moreover

God is someone I worship, study and adore, presumably like the OP. Too many defend her choice: "Just let her imagine Him like some rock star the kids will love it!!"

Hey, okay. Can I rewrite your wife? Can I imagine her a lot different and less than she is?

How bout your kids? Your mom?

And hey I don't really think your wife and kids are very you know, relatable. They need an upgrade. That cool with you?

Oh wait--you have a problem with that? Chill out. Be accepting.

See?

First of all people write stories about real people all the time and stick fiction into it,.. a lot of the time people do it out of history. It's called historical fiction and the biggest thing I can think of (no pun intended) is the movie Titanic as an example. Second of all people can defend my choice if they wish just like you can be against it. It's a free country,.. mostly anymore anyways.

Umm,.. no, even though the real God isn't a rock star, DJ is a current incarnation of God. I've told you this many times before.

The OP absolutely is writing God as a rock star. Not a person God is working through.

Yep, she's actually correct on this one.

I don't. I don't think I mentioned anything that was blasphemous in my OP and DJ's sinless too. The fact that he's a current character would be no different than if He decided to come to earth and live His life in this day and age. It's different as I already admitted that, but not blasphemous as I am being totally respectful towards Him and having doing this by His permission after I asked Him to. It's not really any different than contemporary Christian services that my church has.
1. Dear FJB I also got complaints of being disrespectful by depicting God in a humorous light. Humor is often taken differently than the intent of the author to mean "making fun or light" of a subject in a negative way by not taking the importance seriously. Even if you mean the opposite. Humor is not universal, but a subject like God is supposed to Universal and the reason for utmost respect.

2. Fundamental theists may view amy change to how God is depicted as trying to add to or change God's truth "to suit man's convenience". Examples: Muslims who reject any depictions at all of God as manmade blasphemy. Christians seeing your "embodiment of God in any other person besides Jesus" as defying the message that Jesus alone is the unique incarnation of God, and cannot be replicated or replaced with anything or anyone else or it negates the Bible. (And even nonbelievers seeing this depiction as saying God is arbitrary and can be made up into any fantasy you like because it doesn't matter.)

3. I do not want to discourage your creative ways of teaching and sharing which I AGREE are more positive than negative. I advise you to write out your intent and spiritual process with God on a website or webpage, up front, so this becomes part of your testimonial outreach.

I know a very good scriptwriter and editor who has consulted on award winning Christian films. He now charges more money per hour than most beginning writers can afford. But if you want your film to be produced and marketed successfully, I will help you promote this online fundraising to afford this consultant for your film story. As long as you include the description of your creative process with God as part of your testimony and purpose of the movie.

I believe this will draw the right support from other Christian writers, producers, directors, and actors who understand and want to support your creative spiritual approach instead of making it negative.
I was just talking about in another thread of mine missionary work that I do in my writing where I have turned God into a funny character who loves rock and roll music. That's only to get the youngsters interested because I designed him to turn people onto God by using scripture in my writing and turning Him from a reputation where He is often seen as hot tempered and angry and people are afraid of Him to somebody who is kind, loving, forgiving, and understanding.

I also added the rock and roll and goofy stuff because 1. I believe God has a sense of humor. 2. He gave me permission to use it as long as I focus on the primary focus of turning people to Him. 3. There's no reason why one can't learn and have fun at the same time. So ladies and gents, I give you a face claim (Chris Hemsworth) of David James!!! :D (DJ/The Deej. ;) )

View attachment 627505

Moses was a person.
So was Jesus.

Jesus was the Son. He did come to earth.
He was a man, born in Bethlehem, who grew up being a carpenter, whom god chose to carry a message of love and harmony to the world giving Jesus the power to demonstate god's power so that others would believe him.

The OP absolutely is writing God as a rock star. Not a person God is working through.
Well then, no sense talking to a stone any more.

even though the real God isn't a rock star, DJ is a current incarnation of God.
Well then you need to work on that because the very definition of an incarnation is a manifestation of some exterior force acting through a person, not that the person himself is somehow innately supernatural. That makes DJ a man whom God has chosen to manifest himself through. Worse, it is contradictory to say that God isn't a rock star, but the rock star DJ is the actual God. Claiming DJ is the actual embodiment of the Supreme Being and Cause of all cosmic manifestation is both unnecessary and confusing. It might make for some interesting and exciting stories for kids but ultimately could just confuse them. I mean, can you think of any other time in the Bible where the Lord revealed himself directly to others in his absolute true form? Even to Moses, he only appeared as a burning bush and not another man. God in his absolute true form as he really is, would be totally beyond our ability to witness and comprehend.

1. Dear FJB I also got complaints of being disrespectful by depicting God in a humorous light. Humor is often taken differently than the intent of the author to mean "making fun or light" of a subject in a negative way by not taking the importance seriously. Even if you mean the opposite. Humor is not universal, but a subject like God is supposed to Universal and the reason for utmost respect.

2. Fundamental theists may view amy change to how God is depicted as trying to add to or change God's truth "to suit man's convenience". Examples: Muslims who reject any depictions at all of God as manmade blasphemy. Christians seeing your "embodiment of God in any other person besides Jesus" as defying the message that Jesus alone is the unique incarnation of God, and cannot be replicated or replaced with anything or anyone else or it negates the Bible. (And even nonbelievers seeing this depiction as saying God is arbitrary and can be made up into any fantasy you like because it doesn't matter.)

3. I do not want to discourage your creative ways of teaching and sharing which I AGREE are more positive than negative. I advise you to write out your intent and spiritual process with God on a website or webpage, up front, so this becomes part of your testimonial outreach.

I know a very good scriptwriter and editor who has consulted on award winning Christian films. He now charges more money per hour than most beginning writers can afford. But if you want your film to be produced and marketed successfully, I will help you promote this online fundraising to afford this consultant for your film story. As long as you include the description of your creative process with God as part of your testimony and purpose of the movie.

I believe this will draw the right support from other Christian writers, producers, directors, and actors who understand and want to support your creative spiritual approach instead of making it negative.

No thanks, but thanks anyways. :)

I mean, can you think of any other time in the Bible where the Lord revealed himself directly to others in his absolute true form?

Yes, Jesus.

Well then you need to work on that because the very definition of an incarnation is a manifestation of some exterior force acting through a person, not that the person himself is somehow innately supernatural. That makes DJ a man whom God has chosen to manifest himself through. Worse, it is contradictory to say that God isn't a rock star, but the rock star DJ is the actual God. Claiming DJ is the actual embodiment of the Supreme Being and Cause of all cosmic manifestation is both unnecessary and confusing. It might make for some interesting and exciting stories for kids but ultimately could just confuse them. I mean, can you think of any other time in the Bible where the Lord revealed himself directly to others in his absolute true form? Even to Moses, he only appeared as a burning bush and not another man. God in his absolute true form as he really is, would be totally beyond our ability to witness and comprehend.

Oh yes, now you see. I would have no problem with Christians writing stories of how God inspired, delighted, loved and surprised people. Those testimonies are incredible and varied--and they are varied in my church. This is a beautiful thing. It is to be extoled.

To the last:

Thank you and I hope you will understand why I was countering the OP. God is Holy. Or as you state "beyond our ability to witness or comprehend".

Oh yes, now you see. I would have no problem with Christians writing stories of how God inspired, delighted, loved and surprised people. Those testimonies are incredible and varied--and they are varied in my church. This is a beautiful thing. It is to be extoled.
To the last:
Thank you and I hope you will understand why I was countering the OP. God is Holy. Or as you state "beyond our ability to witness or comprehend".

Well look: this isn't my dog. All I tried to do is offer what little insights I have for what they are worth in this situation. I've studied religion pretty seriously through much of my life so know a little there, I'm something of a wordsmith and have experience with professional writing and getting things published. But it isn't my gig. But neither have I actually seen or read any of these stories so suspend trying to pass judgement on any of it. Since the OP came here asking for FB from people, I've tried to give what little FB I have to offer, and now it is up to the OP to cogitate all that has been said here and decide for herself any merits and/or insights worth taking.

I was just talking about in another thread of mine missionary work that I do in my writing where I have turned God into a funny character who loves rock and roll music. That's only to get the youngsters interested because I designed him to turn people onto God by using scripture in my writing and turning Him from a reputation where He is often seen as hot tempered and angry and people are afraid of Him to somebody who is kind, loving, forgiving, and understanding.

I also added the rock and roll and goofy stuff because 1. I believe God has a sense of humor. 2. He gave me permission to use it as long as I focus on the primary focus of turning people to Him. 3. There's no reason why one can't learn and have fun at the same time. So ladies and gents, I give you a face claim (Chris Hemsworth) of David James!!! :D (DJ/The Deej. ;) )

View attachment 627505

It's an old debate.

I saw Cliff perform this when I was younger. BLASPHEMY??? lol

Greg

There's a comic called "Punk Rock Jesus" where they clone Jesus and he rebels and becomes a punk rocker.

Forum List

Back