I'm Not Really Sure Why I Have Received Comments That This Is Blasphemous

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just talking about in another thread of mine missionary work that I do in my writing where I have turned God into a funny character who loves rock and roll music. That's only to get the youngsters interested because I designed him to turn people onto God by using scripture in my writing and turning Him from a reputation where He is often seen as hot tempered and angry and people are afraid of Him to somebody who is kind, loving, forgiving, and understanding.

I also added the rock and roll and goofy stuff because 1. I believe God has a sense of humor. 2. He gave me permission to use it as long as I focus on the primary focus of turning people to Him. 3. There's no reason why one can't learn and have fun at the same time. So ladies and gents, I give you a face claim (Chris Hemsworth) of David James!!! :D (DJ/The Deej. ;) )

Chris-Hemsworth-jacket (1).jpg

I see why you're getting the claims of blasphemy.

We need to be careful how we deal w/portraying God.

I don't. I don't think I mentioned anything that was blasphemous in my OP and DJ's sinless too. The fact that he's a current character would be no different than if He decided to come to earth and live His life in this day and age. It's different as I already admitted that, but not blasphemous as I am being totally respectful towards Him and having doing this by His permission after I asked Him to. It's not really any different than contemporary Christian services that my church has.

Bullshitting kids about the nature of God and the Christian religion is an excellent way to produce atheist adults. Young people remember lies more than anything and they do not forgive the people who misled them.

I was just talking about in another thread of mine missionary work that I do in my writing where I have turned God into a funny character who loves rock and roll music. That's only to get the youngsters interested because I designed him to turn people onto God by using scripture in my writing and turning Him from a reputation where He is often seen as hot tempered and angry and people are afraid of Him to somebody who is kind, loving, forgiving, and understanding.

I also added the rock and roll and goofy stuff because 1. I believe God has a sense of humor. 2. He gave me permission to use it as long as I focus on the primary focus of turning people to Him. 3. There's no reason why one can't learn and have fun at the same time. So ladies and gents, I give you a face claim (Chris Hemsworth) of David James!!! :D (DJ/The Deej. ;) )

View attachment 627505
There's a comic called "Punk Rock Jesus" where they clone Jesus and he rebels and becomes a punk rocker.

I don't. I don't think I mentioned anything that was blasphemous in my OP and DJ's sinless too. The fact that he's a current character would be no different than if He decided to come to earth and live His life in this day and age. It's different as I already admitted that, but not blasphemous as I am being totally respectful towards Him and having doing this by His permission after I asked Him to. It's not really any different than contemporary Christian services that my church has.
It's not credible to believe that Jesus would be a fan of rock and roll music. That's not Christlike.

There's a comic called "Punk Rock Jesus" where they clone Jesus and he rebels and becomes a punk rocker.

Never heard of it before and other than the fact that He rebels it sounds interesting.

It's not credible to believe that Jesus would be a fan of rock and roll music. That's not Christlike.

Well it isn't Jesus so I'm safe and what do you mean not Christlike? Elvis was the king of rock and roll and a devout Christian.

Never heard of it before and other than the fact that He rebels it sounds interesting.

Well it isn't Jesus so I'm safe and what do you mean not Christlike? Elvis was the king of rock and roll and a devout Christian.
If you're a self-proclaimed Christian, and are unaware of what it is to be "Christlike", then I don't know what to tell you.

As for the Elvis thing, see Matthew 7:21.

If you're a self-proclaimed Christian, and are unaware of what it is to be "Christlike", then I don't know what to tell you.

As for the Elvis thing, see Matthew 7:21.

I could understand you would feel the way you did if the songs were full of sex and cuss words, but I'm talking about family friendly rock and roll songs. How is having a catchy beat to sing and or dance to blasphemous and sinful?

God does have a sense of humor and knows what's in our hearts.... We know conservatives were created in the image of God and liberals were not because conservatives have a sense of humor and liberals do not....
evidence being....@MarcATL
and
occupied

Last edited:
God does have a sense of humor and knows what's in our hearts.... We know conservatives were created in the image of God and liberals were not because conservatives have a sense of humor and liberals do not....
evidence being....@MarcATL
Claiming to know the mind of God is a sure sign of either mental illness or the worst kind of liar.

I could understand you would feel the way you did if the songs were full of sex and cuss words, but I'm talking about family friendly rock and roll songs. How is having a catchy beat to sing and or dance to blasphemous and sinful?
Do you think that rock and roll is correlated to family friendly by most, or even many people?

View attachment 627505

God does have humor
I saw in a dream tree, and the tree said to another you think the Lord gives us rain today, the tree, then said let me lift up my root and do a rain dance, and shake my tree.
it works for Moses

another says Jesus let me carry the cross, then Jesus said chill out I got this

Yes the Lord very much humor let him in and you will see
1649373992210.png

Jeremiah 33:2-3 ("Thus says the LORD who made it, the LORD who formed it to establish it (the LORD is His name):
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

FJB, while it's definitely true that God has a sense of humor, and also true that God is not angry (like many atheists try to portray Him)....there is something that I feel needs to be said. You're probably not going to like me saying this, but I say this because I get the feeling you don't realize this, but it is absolutely biblical. We're not supposed to be just like the world and be into all the things everyone else is into. So trying to make God into a worldly kinda guy who loves rock music is....I dunno, to me it's giving too much importance to worldly stuff, and trying to shape God into what the world would like. :dunno: And that implies that God needs to be like this society in order to be liked, which no offense, but that's kind of insulting to God iyam, because God is so much better than all the things of this world.

In case you don't believe me when I say we're not supposed to be into all the things everyone else is into, I'll back myself up here:

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

1 John 2:15

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Romans 12:2

"Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

James 4:4​

Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

Colossians 2:8​

View attachment 627505
Yeah it's blasphemous.
I'm not entirely positive God has a sense of humor, but maybe. He certainly gave us a sense of humor.
If you want to interest kids in God, tell them the stories of God that are in the Bible. You don't need this other stuff, it's a distraction from the Word. There is no more exciting story than the story of Daniel. Well, unless it's the story of Christ, or the story of Paul, or the story of Moses, or the story of Noah....

FJB, while it's definitely true that God has a sense of humor, and also true that God is not angry (like many atheists try to portray Him)....there is something that I feel needs to be said. You're probably not going to like me saying this, but I say this because I get the feeling you don't realize this, but it is absolutely biblical. We're not supposed to be just like the world and be into all the things everyone else is into. So trying to make God into a worldly kinda guy who loves rock music is....I dunno, to me it's giving too much importance to worldly stuff, and trying to shape God into what the world would like. :dunno: And that implies that God needs to be like this society in order to be liked, which no offense, but that's kind of insulting to God iyam, because God is so much better than all the things of this world.

Nah, it doesn't bother me as you're only stating how you feel about it, but obviously God doesn't feel insulted by it as He told me I could do it as long as I was helping people find Him and have a relationship and a closer relationship with Him. That's what you have to understand. And it's not like it hasn't been done before. God has been represented in different ways before like in The Shack. Although I would never personally portray God as a woman, but I understand that it's saying that God's in everyone.

Forum List

Back