I'm Not Really Sure Why I Have Received Comments That This Is Blasphemous

You repeatedly show your own hypocrisy and I understand that you cannot seem to see it. Understanding only comes by virtue of the Spirit. We each have that but too many try to judge by the flesh not knowing the battle takes place in the mind.

If creativity of any kind is labelled as being a graven image you may as well join ISIS and go blow up historical sites and if what you and the consensus you reference is so then every piece of art of every kind must be destroyed, every computer and phone needs to also be thrown out and you damn sure do not want to keep any family mementos or historical venues and museums going.

You have to strawman to make this work--"creativity of any kind". That's not what a graven image is. And I hope you know this.

You have to strawman to make this work--"creativity of any kind". That's not what a graven image is. And I hope you know this.
No its not but again you cannot see your own hypocrisy. Pharisees and Scribes also seem to take a self righteous stance and in fact did the same when Jesus walked in the flesh two thousand years ago. Nothing new under the Sun.

And neither is a fictional character in a fictional story unless I'm worshipping it/him and you should know I'm not because I never capitalize him when I'm talking about DJ only God.

Of course.

Am I the only one here who finds it so silly that this is still obviously a heated argument when there are people who are actually doing work of the devil and turning kids onto drugs and I'm actually turning people onto Christ even if it's in a different way?

If you believe we are simply molecules in motion and yet have highly attuned moral consciences, then you just shattered your entire statement.
No, people are much more than molecules. Molecules only speak to the material body but a person is much more than mere chemicals and water-- we also have a mind and a spirit that outlives the body and cannot be expressed on the material plane.

The OP is not expounding or explaining or adding details to a known Bible story.
And every one of those books I showed is? Who ever decided that every story of faith must be tied to a story in the Bible?

She is rewriting God Himself. C'mon.
How, where? SHOW ME where FJB has rewritten! Just what in her character conflicts in any way with the Bible and God? And how does the Bible address God working through someone other than Jesus or the nature and form of his return? Also, where does the Bible say that Jesus and only Jesus is the only person in the history of the human race to ever realize God or have God decide to work through him or her? Of the billions and billions of people who have lived, that would seem to be highly wasteful and inefficient!

One other thing that I think is being overlooked here,.. God gave me my creativity in the first place. Obviously He wants me to use it. Especially if it's helping others find Him.

Am I the only one here who finds it so silly that this is still obviously a heated argument when there are people who are actually doing work of the devil and turning kids onto drugs and I'm actually turning people onto Christ even if it's in a different way?

A poignant way of looking at it. I'm starting to think half the people here are misunderstanding what you are trying to do while the other half simply object to the thought that anyone could be inspired by God, perhaps because they haven't. In an indirect way it kinda puts the onus on them.

I've found that it is much easier for a person to think ill of others than good, and much much easier for people to hate, kill, and commit crimes or harm than to do good.

A poignant way of looking at it. I'm starting to think half the people here are misunderstanding what you are trying to do while the other half simply object to the thought that anyone could be inspired by God, perhaps because they haven't. In an indirect way it kinda puts the onus on them.

I've found that it is much easier for a person to think ill of others than good, and much much easier for people to hate, kill, and commit crimes or harm than to do good.

Yeah and it's like I already said on here before,.. kids know the plot of Rock God is fiction but the message of God and His love for us is the true part when they see my stories and read them. Unless you're Bidedumb I don't think it should be rocket science to figure out. Any more than Harry Potter and Hogwarts are fantasy as well which I've seen a lot of hate for in that series too so that's why I just wanted to point that out for the record.

No its not but again you cannot see your own hypocrisy. Pharisees and Scribes also seem to take a self righteous stance and in fact did the same when Jesus walked in the flesh two thousand years ago. Nothing new under the Sun.

So Christianity to you is just make up anything at all lest you're a Pharisee?

And neither is a fictional character in a fictional story unless I'm worshipping it/him and you should know I'm not because I never capitalize him when I'm talking about DJ only God.

Okay. Why does God need to be reimagined?

Let's start from the beginning.

Is He not worthy enough, good enough, loving enough, holy enough, just enough?

Okay. Why does God need to be reimagined?

Let's start from the beginning.

Is He not worthy enough, good enough, loving enough, holy enough, just enough?

No,.. I never said any of that. You just keep claiming that I did so there's no use trying to explain it any further if you won't even listen to me.

I'm not heated. Are you heated?

Different question.

Would you love having you--everything you are, everything you profess to be--being portrayed by an avatar of you? Written by someone who is NOT YOU?

Probably not. And you, and me, are not God.

No,.. I never said any of that. You just keep claiming that I did so there's no use trying to explain it any further if you won't even listen to me.

Then why does God need to be made more relatable, more "cool"?

BTW

The way to help people understand that God is already relatable and cool is to tell the stories of those whose lives have been changed by His presence. IMO

I'm not heated. Are you heated?

Different question.

Would you love having you--everything you are, everything you profess to be--being portrayed by an avatar of you? Written by someone who is NOT YOU?

Probably not. And you, and me, are not God.

If it was a fictional account based upon facts then yeah I think it would actually be pretty cool. :D

And every one of those books I showed is? Who ever decided that every story of faith must be tied to a story in the Bible?

How, where? SHOW ME where FJB has rewritten! Just what in her character conflicts in any way with the Bible and God? And how does the Bible address God working through someone other than Jesus or the nature and form of his return? Also, where does the Bible say that Jesus and only Jesus is the only person in the history of the human race to ever realize God or have God decide to work through him or her? Of the billions and billions of people who have lived, that would seem to be highly wasteful and inefficient!

Strawmen, strawmen everywhere!

If it was a fictional account based upon facts then yeah I think it would actually be pretty cool. :D

Maybe you do because it feeds your human ego--the very same ego we all have.

God does not need an ego. He is infinitely worthy. Infinitely good. Infinitely just. Infinitely holy.

What are you going to ADD to God?

Maybe you do because it feeds your human ego--the very same ego we all have.

God does not need an ego. He is infinitely worthy. Infinitely good. Infinitely just. Infinitely holy.

What are you going to ADD to God?

With all due respect why don't you just give it a rest? You're just saying the same old thing over and over and it's not getting either of us anywhere.

With all due respect why don't you just give it a rest? You're just saying the same old thing over and over and it's not getting either of us anywhere.

Fair enough.

I pray you will heed the warnings.

Rather than rewrite God, look around us at those most left behind. There are so many examples...it's awful. Write a story of how God miraculously intervened in their lives. Because THIS is true, and the possibility for compelling fiction is limitless.

Forum List

Back