I wanna challenge everyone to read the entire Bible this year

I have read and studied it many times. And yes, from start to finish. Always good to do again. :)

Last edited:
I just finished Genesis. And have read 3 chapters in Matthew.
Take your time and read for meaning.
I will check back occasionally to monitor your progress;)

I've done it. Over and over. Wait till you hit the begats. Holy toledo. You gotta have faith. :] Just keeeeeeeeeeding. There is a reason for it though.
I came to the Lord by the Old Testament. Not by the New.
The Word is amazing. It is unreal.

I grew up in the Catholic Church, know the bible inside and out and I want to challenge everybody here to read up on Ecclesiastes...all of it. It will calm the nerves, put everything that's happening in prospective and remind us what life is truly all about....and and and its timeless, so timeless, as if it was written today!!

I have read and studied it many times. And yes, from start to finish. Always god to do again. :)

My first time thru beginning to end was when we were first on our journey west. Long story. For all of the books i had read in my life I had never read one like this. I always had faith, but by reading the bible I had history to back it up.

HOMINEM UNIUS LIBRI TIMEO (I fear the man who has only one book.)

Trump-Bible_zpsztwnsijy.jpg

I may be quoting this incorrectly, but when told to God, all the good one had done in his life, casting out evil, etc...God said, I don't know you.....so many hypocrites will come with that line and he will never ever ever know you, because your heart he truly knew!!

I'm not sure which is more commendable, challenging yourself to read the whole Bible or posting that challenge here at USMB. I've done this before and it's not easy. Especially the reading for understanding part. I think I ended up reading most of it twice.

I read it a couple of times, but it was just a cursory reading. When I actually took the time to research what I read, I realized that it is now mostly just used as a tool for scam artists to take people's money. There is a lot in there that could help a person enjoy a better life. Too bad it is used as an excuse to justify so much hared.

1) if you are reading the OT out of the NT instead of the Tanakh, then you are not reading it correctly.
In fact you lose a lot when it's not in it's original Hebrew and even then proper transliteration is sometimes necessary.
2) you need The commentary in the scrolls to guide the context of the time period and meaning intended by the sages.
Which means when reading about
Isaiah 7& 9 you should read it heside the Hezekiah Apochrypha which is who is being discussed. Then you grasp who the great council to Hezekiah is.
Furthermore Isaiah commentary can be found throughout the Dead Sea Scrolls to help assist reading about Isaiah's Liberator.
3)you need a Lexicon and once again the scrolls help decipher the poetic usage of words and slang of that era thus the real meaning of the word within the scripture changes from how we use it literally today from the poetic usage of the Biblical age.
Example: Kittim & Seas=Rome & Ships=Rome's army. They used slang code so Rome would not know they were being spoken of during revolts, in the same way your kids today use slang so parents or authorities don't figure out what they are talking about. If you read slang literally it would not make sense like if you deciphered the code, and only then do you have the real message not the mistaken and sometimes rediculous humorous translations. These poor translations also throw you off reading in a reality sense not a disbelief through fantasy story.
Example: the word "Clouds" means gathering, usually referring yo the gathering of temple priests(Kohanim). So when you read Dan or Theslonians the term coming with or out of "clouds" means out of the gathering of Kohanim/hosts and not out of the sky like some comic book character.
The writer used poetic license to describe the many puffy white robes to look like clouds and prayer shawls like wings.
We only know this because of the scrolls reveal that meaning as well as in book of Kings. So having the definitions fogured out help better translate what you are reading since you are not getting that through English translations.
4)you must obey the thou shalt not in deciphering the Bible.
Example: not to make anthropromorphic the words for they might ve definitions, roles, common terms not names or people.
Vice versa when not reading in Hebrew you could be translating into definition a persons name thus the blotting out of the Name. Example of this error is in the word Metatron meaning Mediator in which claimed angel channeling claim is a persona when it's a shared term defined as mediator. Same wirh the word Melchizedek, a term meaning king or messenger of Righteousness. Once again scam artist can be spotted by the way they make out oersonas out of defined terms attributed to personas they already seperate as another figure even though the word can be attributed to the same 1, thus making 2 figures out of 1.

So you see readong the Book is not as simple as thinking your translations have you covered.
Most are far from able to read the Book properly, and then you MUST KEEP ENTACT THE TENSES AND NOTICE the plural from singular, past from present to future, first person & third person tenses.
In other words as even your Book sa7s, grab the hold of the garb of a Rabbi and ask .

1) if you are reading the OT out of the NT instead of the Tanakh, then you are not reading it correctly.
In fact you lose a lot when it's not in it's original Hebrew and even then proper transliteration is sometimes necessary.
2) you need The commentary in the scrolls to guide the context of the time period and meaning intended by the sages.
Which means when reading about
Isaiah 7& 9 you should read it heside the Hezekiah Apochrypha which is who is being discussed. Then you grasp who the great council to Hezekiah is.
Furthermore Isaiah commentary can be found throughout the Dead Sea Scrolls to help assist reading about Isaiah's Liberator.
3)you need a Lexicon and once again the scrolls help decipher the poetic usage of words and slang of that era thus the real meaning of the word within the scripture changes from how we use it literally today from the poetic usage of the Biblical age.
Example: Kittim & Seas=Rome & Ships=Rome's army. They used slang code so Rome would not know they were being spoken of during revolts, in the same way your kids today use slang so parents or authorities don't figure out what they are talking about. If you read slang literally it would not make sense like if you deciphered the code, and only then do you have the real message not the mistaken and sometimes rediculous humorous translations. These poor translations also throw you off reading in a reality sense not a disbelief through fantasy story.
Example: the word "Clouds" means gathering, usually referring yo the gathering of temple priests(Kohanim). So when you read Dan or Theslonians the term coming with or out of "clouds" means out of the gathering of Kohanim/hosts and not out of the sky like some comic book character.
The writer used poetic license to describe the many puffy white robes to look like clouds and prayer shawls like wings.
We only know this because of the scrolls reveal that meaning as well as in book of Kings. So having the definitions fogured out help better translate what you are reading since you are not getting that through English translations.
4)you must obey the thou shalt not in deciphering the Bible.
Example: not to make anthropromorphic the words for they might ve definitions, roles, common terms not names or people.
Vice versa when not reading in Hebrew you could be translating into definition a persons name thus the blotting out of the Name. Example of this error is in the word Metatron meaning Mediator in which claimed angel channeling claim is a persona when it's a shared term defined as mediator. Same wirh the word Melchizedek, a term meaning king or messenger of Righteousness. Once again scam artist can be spotted by the way they make out oersonas out of defined terms attributed to personas they already seperate as another figure even though the word can be attributed to the same 1, thus making 2 figures out of 1.

So you see readong the Book is not as simple as thinking your translations have you covered.
Most are far from able to read the Book properly, and then you MUST KEEP ENTACT THE TENSES AND NOTICE the plural from singular, past from present to future, first person & third person tenses.
In other words as even your Book sa7s, grab the hold of the garb of a Rabbi and ask .

Ok rabbi, In the vision of ezekiel he describes the hayyot as being covered with eyes.

The hebrew word 'ayin has been into translated eyes, its literal meaning, but the word also denotes light, and colors.

The question is are the hayyot covered in eyes or luminous colors?

What is the truth?

Forum List

Back