I still don't understand

packerbacker

Rookie
Dec 29, 2013
They say, if you are 26 years old or younger, you can stay on your parents program. Say a 23 year old is working and making a fairly good wage. Nobody knows who or where his father is. Now, what if his mother is one of the welfare bums that has never done anything productive in her life except reproduction. She is now getting all of her healthcare for free so, can her son get on her program and not have to pay anything either??

It is much cheaper for a 23 yo to get their own insurance than to be added to the parent's one. Check the prices - you will be amazed.

Or you can stay away from being insured altogether.
for the price you have to pay you would be able to pay cash from your pocket whenever you needed it.

they say, if you are 26 years old or younger, you can stay on your parents program. Say a 23 year old is working and making a fairly good wage. Nobody knows who or where his father is. Now, what if his mother is one of the welfare bums that has never done anything productive in her life except reproduction. She is now getting all of her healthcare for free so, can her son get on her program and not have to pay anything either??

no !

They say, if you are 26 years old or younger, you can stay on your parents program. Say a 23 year old is working and making a fairly good wage. Nobody knows who or where his father is. Now, what if his mother is one of the welfare bums that has never done anything productive in her life except reproduction. She is now getting all of her healthcare for free so, can her son get on her program and not have to pay anything either??

There is no such thing as a ‘welfare bum,’ you only exhibit your hate and ignorance with such statements.

Assuming the state in which the mother and son live did not opt to expand Medicaid, the mother is eligible for Medicaid only if she has minor children living with her; the 23 year old would not be eligible because he’s not a minor and doesn't live with her.

It is much cheaper for a 23 yo to get their own insurance than to be added to the parent's one. Check the prices - you will be amazed.

for the price you have to pay you would be able to pay cash from your pocket whenever you needed it.

Yes it is now

lying about it is not going to change the fact that my son now has smaller costs than what it cost us to keep him on our plan.

that is due to the ACA

That is not necessarily true.
My last two employers charged one rate for employee + children. It didn't matter if you had one child or five children.
For example, say one has three children, a 17 yo, a 20 yo and a 22 yo. Obviously, that parent would have the 17 yo on their work sponsored insurance. If both the 20 and 22 yo are employed, with or without work sponsored insurance, it would still be cheaper to include them on the parents work sponsored insurance, since it costs the same regardless of the number of children. Were the 20 and 22 yo to seek other insurance, the net cost would be greater than adding them to the current family plan offered by the parents company.

I suspect that companies will soon change that policy of "employee + children" being the same cost regardless of the number of children.
BTW, the last two companies I've worked for is a 21 year time frame., so it's not a new thing.

Yes it is now

lying about it is not going to change the fact that my son now has smaller costs than what it cost us to keep him on our plan.

that is due to the ACA

The ACA raised prices on insurance for young people. This is well established. They had to do that in order to fulfill the law's requirement that premiums for old people would cost no more than three times those for the young.

t is much cheaper for a 23 yo to get their own insurance than to be added to the parent's one[/SIZE]. Check the prices - you will be amazed.

Yes it is now

that is due to the ACA

it was much cheaper before this crap obamacare even MORE. and now obamacare crap does not allow the cheap and good plans which were available before.

NOW the 23 yo is much better off without ANY insurance as he/she has to pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING until any insurance kicks in anyway.

Last edited:

Yes it is now

that is due to the ACA

The ACA raised prices on insurance for young people. This is well established. They had to do that in order to fulfill the law's requirement that premiums for old people would cost no more than three times those for the young.

well not paying for any and having none is what we had before ACA silly git

That is not necessarily true.
My last two employers charged one rate for employee + children. It didn't matter if you had one child or five children.
For example, say one has three children, a 17 yo, a 20 yo and a 22 yo. Obviously, that parent would have the 17 yo on their work sponsored insurance. If both the 20 and 22 yo are employed, with or without work sponsored insurance, it would still be cheaper to include them on the parents work sponsored insurance, since it costs the same regardless of the number of children. Were the 20 and 22 yo to seek other insurance, the net cost would be greater than adding them to the current family plan offered by the parents company.

I suspect that companies will soon change that policy of "employee + children" being the same cost regardless of the number of children.
BTW, the last two companies I've worked for is a 21 year time frame., so it's not a new thing.

you are talking about BEFORE, I am talking about NOW.

check the prices.

and I am not talking about employer-sponsored insurance - that is totally different animal.

I am talking about those, whom this crap obamacare was supposedly "helping" - the individual buyers.

It made it much worse for everybody but for individual buyers it became unsustainable.

Yes it is now

that is due to the ACA

well not paying for any and having none is what we had before ACA silly git

don't LIE.

before crap obamacare there were good cheap individual plans which for 23 yo was very cheap, but now it is unsustainable at all.

go get an example of this mythical coverage of which you speak.

being on your parents policy until 26 IS ACA

Forum List

Back