I have a confession to make--

Yeah. But, the Old Testament purports to be truth. Which it is not. The Old Testament was not only written before the Age of Enlightenment, it was written before the Dark Ages. It plays on peoples superstitious beliefs.

T
Yeah. But, the Old Testament purports to be truth. Which it is not. The Old Testament was not only written before the Age of Enlightenment, it was written before the Dark Ages. It plays on peoples superstitious beliefs.

To the contrary, the Hebrew Scriptures condemn all forms of spiritism - see Deuteronomy 18:9-14.

Then you did not read it, you just babble about it.
bab·ble
talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.
1a: to talk enthusiastically or excessively
b: to utter meaningless or unintelligible sounds
Babble | Definition of Babble by Merriam-Webster

:)-

What happened in the past will remain in the past for historians to right about.

What concerns me is in the here and now.

In the 1940’s a sect of Jews declared a chunk of Palestine to be their homeland; calling it “Israel” which was a false claim then and remains false today. The Israelites then violated every commandment given to them by God including but not limited to the wanton murder of many Palestinian children.

The Israeli’s only chance for redemption is to ask the Lord for forgiveness for their past discretions and a pledge to obey His commandments from this point on.

Still we all know the Israeli’s will do no such thing and this lack of remorse seals their fate.

King James Bible
Ezekiel 21:32
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

And so, it will be done

Background on Ezekiel.

The Egyptians did keep meticulous records. They were also meticulous when it came to destroying records they didn't want future generations to know about. All governments do it including our own.
Most of you who are old enough know of instances that happened, but, when you go to look for a record of it, you can't find it; regardless of your internet search skills.
Governments are very good at deception and hiding truths that they don't want to be public record.

Background on Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Chapter 21

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

Ezekiel

Chapter 21

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

Though Ezekiel lived with his fellow exiles in Babylon, his divine call forced him to suppress any natural expectations he may have had of an early return to an undamaged Jerusalem.

For the first seven years of his ministry (593–586 b.c.) he faithfully relayed to his fellow Jews the stern, heart-rending, hope-crushing word of divine judgment: Because of all her sins, Jerusalem would fall (see chs. 1–24).

The fact that Israel was God’s covenant people and that Jerusalem was the city of his temple would not bring their early release from exile or prevent Jerusalem from being destroyed (see Jer 29–30). The only hope the prophet was authorized to extend to his hearers was that of living at peace with themselves and with God during their exile.

The Egyptians did keep meticulous records. They were also meticulous when it came to destroying records they didn't want future generations to know about. All governments do it including our own.
Most of you who are old enough know of instances that happened, but, when you go to look for a record of it, you can't find it; regardless of your internet search skills.
Governments are very good at deception and hiding truths that they don't want to be public record.

At the time of the Exodus Egypt controlled Sinai and Canaan.

I believe passages in the Bible showing me God always loves the people of Israel, and God is always faithful to promises God made, and those will not be changed. Jeremiah 31, Yahweh God would make a lasting covenant, with the people of Judah and of Israel, as the sun and moon last, as God's people. There will be a remnant who all come to Christ and they will be saved, and the prophetic meaning of the city of Jerusalem will become reality.

I first heard/read the term “the chosen people” when I was in my 40’s.

I have a confession to make--

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament. I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.

Not being Jewish & only reading the Old Testament I never knew how much involved the Lord was with the Israelite people, It wasn’t until I read The Old Testament that I learned how involved the Lord was with His Chosen, the Israelite people in The Old Testament.

There the Lord did single them out in the following verses.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

From those verses and onward I learned that the Lord set out conditions that they must follow to get His eternal grace.

I did not understand what this all meant until I came across the site below that I found on the internet.

Love the Stranger as thyself

This helped me make since of this, does it help you too-?

It only needs to make sense for you, and work to your benefits to help you get through life in this world. That's all that matters. This is your individual experience.

I believe passages in the Bible showing me God always loves the people of Israel, and God is always faithful to promises God made, and those will not be changed. Jeremiah 31, Yahweh God would make a lasting covenant, with the people of Judah and of Israel, as the sun and moon last, as God's people. There will be a remnant who all come to Christ and they will be saved, and the prophetic meaning of the city of Jerusalem will become reality.

Oh dear.. that's the endtimes heresy ...

Okay. Let's take a step back into reality. There was no "serpent/snake" talking to anyone in a perfect "Garden of Eden". It's a fictional tale. Similar to the fictional tale of a Moses fleeing the Pharaoh and his army that chased him and his followers. There are no Satan's, Devil's, Beelzebub's, et cetera. With the exception of some of the battles cited in the Old Testament, the stories are just that, stories. Moralistic tales meant to control how we behave.

Most battles didn't take place either. No grand armies. The population was quite small. In King David's time Jerusalem was about ten acres and a thousand inhabitants.

no-----that's Jeremiah----a really poetic guy-----albeit a bit neurotic. He seemed to have
been consistent with ELIJAH

You mean that when Jesus returns 2/3 of Jews will die and 1/3 will convert to Christianity??????

That's part of the Scofield heresy.

Most battles didn't take place either. No grand armies. The population was quite small. In King David's time Jerusalem was about ten acres and a thousand inhabitants.
Lots of battles took place------review the Odyssey and the koran and Beowulf
You mean that when Jesus returns 2/3 of Jews will die and 1/3 will convert to Christianity??????

That's part of the Scofield heresy.
I did not address SCOFIELD's theories. ------I addressed the poetry of Elijah and
Jeremiah. You got the LAND SURVEY SCROLL on Jerusalem----uhm----megillat
adama? ----before and after the closing attended by the Jebusites and David?

Lots of battles took place------review the Odyssey and the koran and Beowulf

I did not address SCOFIELD's theories. ------I addressed the poetry of Elijah and
Jeremiah. You got the LAND SURVEY SCROLL on Jerusalem----uhm----megillat
adama? ----before and after the closing attended by the Jebusites and David?

We were talking about the epic battles of the Old Testament.

Meanwhile, Jerusalem was quite small. 3 million left Egypt and only 800 arrived in Jerusalem.

We were talking about the epic battles of the Old Testament.

Meanwhile, Jerusalem was quite small. 3 million left Egypt and only 800 arrived in Jerusalem.

right---EPIC BATTLES -----like the Epic Battles in the ODYSSEY and ILIAD -----literature
is, clearly, not your thing and wonder of wonder-----Heinrich Schlieman was RIGHT----there
really was a TROY. ---------muhummad probably existed in some form------the cherry tree
chopped down by george----probably did not

right---EPIC BATTLES -----like the Epic Battles in the ODYSSEY and ILIAD -----literature
is, clearly, not your thing and wonder of wonder-----Heinrich Schlieman was RIGHT----there
really was a TROY. ---------muhummad probably existed in some form------the cherry tree
chopped down by george----probably did not

I've read the Iliad and the Odyssey ... and Sophocles etc,

Forum List

Back