I have a confession to make--

That site looks like it's anti-Israel to me.
No, you should be calling the author an anti-Semite for stating biblical verses that expose the real relationship between the Israelite people and God & their failing to follow the Lord's teaching ending with the murder of children for the zion cause.

:)-
What are you yammering about?

Yes, the Jews were the Lord's chosen people. God gave them chance after chance.
And then they crucified the Lord of Glory when He came.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Many Jews abandoned the covenants long before the Christians came along. The post-exilic returnees just used their infleunce with Cyrus to set themselves up with high offices, ran the Temples, and invented a whole series of 'racial purity' laws to keep themselves at the center of the money train, and pretty much oppressed all the Jews who weren't allowed into the Club, hence why so many gave them the finger and went with the Christians, who were going to revive the pre-exile covenants and take the theology universal. They were hated and eventually murdered by the establishment Jews at every opportunity ever since. The reformed Jews joined up with their Gentile converts and went on to do great things for the world, while the 'orthodox' and rabbinical sects kept on stagnating and isolating themselves, got their asses handed to them and their irrelevant 2nd Temple destroyed, and ended up having to suck up to Muslims and helping them invade the West and the East for the next 1,100 years. Now they pretend they've always been 'victims of da evul xians n stuff', but their own history proves that to be bullshit; the distrust of them as 5th columnists for the Islamists was completely warranted for all that time, until around the late 18th century and thereabouts, when many of the brighter intellectuals finally figured out they hadn't been 'The Chosen' for at least 2,200 years. The Christian sect of Judaism has carried the water the last 2,000 years.

People seem to think those Covenants were not two way streets; Jews were 'chosen' to to do stuff, not merely for their looks and wonderfulness. When the post-exile establishment Jews stopped doing anything but stroking themselves, the other Jews and sects moved on without them.

Last edited:
The Jews rejected the new covenant.

The post-exilic Jews who took over Jerusalem had pretty much abandoned all the old covenants as well; there wouldn't have been a need for a new one if they were still living up to their end of the old ones. You can't go and be a 'light unto the world' if your cult is obsessed with extensive and crazed racial purity laws and self-isolation from all the peoples around you, even your own.

I first heard/read the term “the chosen people” when I was in my 40’s.

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament. I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.

Not being Jewish & only reading the Old Testament I never knew how much involved the Lord was with the Israelite people, It wasn’t until I read The Old Testament that I learned how involved the Lord was with His Chosen, the Israelite people in The Old Testament.

There the Lord did single them out in the following verses.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

From those verses and onward I learned that the Lord set out conditions that they must follow to get His eternal grace.

I did not understand what this all meant until I came across the site below that I found on the internet.

Love the Stranger as thyself

This helped me make since of this, does it help you too-?

"From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament."

Right there is a prescription for a maladjusted personality.

Personality? A person can love their neighbor (Matthew 22:37-40) no matter what their beliefs. Jesus was quoting the Hebrew Scriptures and showed which two commandments were the greatest commandments in the Bible.

1. Deuteronomy 6:4,5
2. Leviticus 19:18

From those verses and onward I learned that the Lord set out conditions that they must follow to get His eternal grace.

Can anyone here post a list of those conditions-?
p.s. this is a trick question so answer it truthfully
See Matthew 22:37-40 - the 2 greatest commandments in the Bible involve love. (cp. 1 John 4:8)

Jesus explained quoting Deuteronomy 6:4,5 & Leviticus 19:18

Mark 12:28-34
One of the scribes who had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first* of all?”+ 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’+ 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’+ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him: “Teacher, you spoke well, in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other besides him’;+ 33 and to love him with one’s whole heart, with one’s whole understanding, and with one’s whole strength and to love one’s neighbor as oneself is worth far more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”+ 34 At this Jesus, discerning that he had answered intelligently, said to him: “You are not far from the Kingdom of God.” But no one had the courage to question him anymore.+

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament. I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.

Not being Jewish & only reading the Old Testament I never knew how much involved the Lord was with the Israelite people, It wasn’t until I read The Old Testament that I learned how involved the Lord was with His Chosen, the Israelite people in The Old Testament.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

I did not understand what this all meant until I came across the site below that I found on the internet.

"From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament."

Personality? A person can love their neighbor (Matthew 22:37-40) no matter what their beliefs. Jesus was quoting the Hebrew Scriptures and showed which two commandments were the greatest commandments in the Bible.

Love your neighbor is a good one.

So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal / moral laws of the gods are not making it clear how I should proceed. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Can you enlighten me on how the gods resolves such a conflict?

Thanks.

So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal / moral laws of the gods are not making it clear how I should proceed. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Thanks.

That's a leading question.

The resolution in part is due to the difference between the Mosaic Law and the Law of Christ. For example, we accept that Jesus died for our sins so we don't need animal sacrifices for atonement anymore.

One other point: slavery in the Bible is more like employer's employees. And all slaves were set free on the Jubilee year.

OK, I'll bite: How can a 4 year old child convert????

Thanks.

The resolution in part is due to the difference between the Mosaic Law and the Law of Christ. For example, we accept that Jesus died for our sins so we don't need animal sacrifices for atonement anymore.

One other point: slavery in the Bible is more like employer's employees. And all slaves were set free on the Jubilee year.

That was quite the tap dance. As for animal sacrifice, that lamb art thing didn't work out so well for the lambs.

It seems to me that the obvious resolution would have been for the invention of Christianity to have avoided co-opting the theology of Judaism.

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view...

...I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.
There is a reading from the Old Testament at every mass in every Catholic church.

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view...

...I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.
There is a reading from the Old Testament at every mass in every Catholic church.

Interesting - can you document that?

Bottom line: Jesus often quoted/read from the Hebrew Scriptures (OT) including Jesus' quote of the greatest commandment in the Bible (Deuteronomy 6:4,5) at Mark 12:28-34.

Interesting - can you document that?

Bottom line: Jesus often quoted/read from the Hebrew Scriptures (OT) including Jesus' quote of the greatest commandment in the Bible (Deuteronomy 6:4,5) at Mark 12:28-34.
Yes, I can. The 1st reading is from the OT. The second reading is from the NT. Then there is a reading from the Gospel. Followed by a homily where the readings are usually tied together but not always. Each homilist is given latitude in what they will discuss. But not in selecting which readings will be read. The readings are selected at least a year in advance and all churches around the world will be reading the same readings that day.

The first link (order of mass) documents that there are three readings at every mass.

The second link allows you to see which readings will be read on a specific date.

The post-exilic Jews who took over Jerusalem had pretty much abandoned all the old covenants as well;

What happened in the past will remain in the past for historians to right about.

What concerns me is in the here and now.

In the 1940’s a sect of Jews declared a chunk of Palestine to be their homeland; calling it “Israel” which was a false claim then and remains false today. The Israelites then violated every commandment given to them by God including but not limited to the wanton murder of many Palestinian children.

The Israeli’s only chance for redemption is to ask the Lord for forgiveness for their past discretions and a pledge to obey His commandments from this point on.

Still we all know the Israeli’s will do no such thing and this lack of remorse seals their fate.

King James Bible
Ezekiel 21:32
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

And so, it will be done

Thanks.

This only applied to Jewish slaves, not chattel slaves, and in the region of Jerusalem and the local territories of the temple state; Palestine had little in the way of mines and slave galleys, businesses like that that used chattel slavery, and Jews elsewhere, in Italy, Persia, Spain, Europe, etc., didn't give a fig about Deuteronomy when it came to their goy slaves around the rest of the world; they worked them like any other slave owner did.

The post-exilic Jews who took over Jerusalem had pretty much abandoned all the old covenants as well;

What happened in the past will remain in the past for historians to right about.

What concerns me is in the here and now.

In the 1940’s a sect of Jews declared a chunk of Palestine to be their homeland; calling it “Israel” which was a false claim then and remains false today. The Israelites then violated every commandment given to them by God including but not limited to the wanton murder of many Palestinian children.

The Israeli’s only chance for redemption is to ask the Lord for forgiveness for their past discretions and a pledge to obey His commandments from this point on.

Still we all know the Israeli’s will do no such thing and this lack of remorse seals their fate.

King James Bible
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

And so, it will be done

Just because we have examples of Jews Behaving Badly doesn't automatically validate whatever dumbassery one wants to babble about the Bible and Jews. Israel was founded because it was a political and moral necessity, and a secular one at that. They also had every right to take it back from assorted savages and murdering bandits out to exterminate them, so you're just out of luck all around. Nobody is morally obligated to let themselves be genocided out of existence, except Muslims of course.

King James Bible

It's always fun to root around in the bible and pretending to be some sort of 'scholar' and cite verses n stuff , especially when they're cited by illiterates out of context and as if the book is just a collection of isolated verses with no relation to each other or themes. IT's a lot easier and much more fun than actual study, which can only bring disappointment and sadness to most sociopaths.

I would consider the Old Testament as mostly fiction. Especially Exodus. The Old Testament claims Moses fled with the Israelites from Egypt, as they were slaves.
Problem: Evidence exists that the workers were actually paid (believe it or not, they kept records, even back then).
Problem: The deaths of the Pharaohs are on record and not a one, drowned in the Red Sea, pursuing the Jews.
Problem: There could have not been an Eden, where everything was perfect. Many creatures were in existence that pre-date man; especially insects (blood-sucking mosquitos, biting flies, spiders, stinging bees, wasps, biting centipedes, biting ants, scorpions, fleas, mites, lice, chiggers, ticks, et cetera).
People in tribes would see their fellow tribesmen/women, die and decay. This scared them and they would go to their tribal shamans, for answers, he or she would concoct tales in an effort to alleviate their fears. As they were very superstitious, whatever the shaman told them would be believed.
As societies became more structured, these shamans would remain highly respected and once the shamans learned to write, they would write down their tales. Over time, whether one is in a society in Egypt, or any other society, their shamans (Clerics) would continue writing down not only their ideas on how things began, but also laid down laws for the people to follow, to maintain order.
Take everything in such books, whether it is the writings of Buddha's sayings, the tales of how things began handed down by Native Americans, or, the stuff of the Abrahamic religions. They all have their own ideas, but no one has all the answers and what has been written is, with the exception of some war conflicts that have been written into these texts, just a way of controlling society and trying to allay their fears of an actual end to life.

Forum List

Back