I have a confession to make--

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
I first heard/read the term “the chosen people” when I was in my 40’s.

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament. I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.

Not being Jewish & only reading the Old Testament I never knew how much involved the Lord was with the Israelite people, It wasn’t until I read The Old Testament that I learned how involved the Lord was with His Chosen, the Israelite people in The Old Testament.

There the Lord did single them out in the following verses.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

From those verses and onward I learned that the Lord set out conditions that they must follow to get His eternal grace.

I did not understand what this all meant until I came across the site below that I found on the internet.

Love the Stranger as thyself

This helped me make since of this, does it help you too-?

:)-

I'm with any of it up until it gets to the 'i'm a better human because.....' part

~S~

Yes, the Jews were the Lord's chosen people. God gave them chance after chance.
And then they crucified the Lord of Glory when He came.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

I did not understand what this all meant

It was God's love for Abraham that sealed the eternal covenant for Abraham's children. And God keeps His promises. God eventually gave the Jews the Law to live by because they boasted they could keep His laws. Up until then, they were in a state of constant forgiveness. (As are Gentiles who accept Christ's work on the cross on their behalf.) The Law they asked for, changed God's role from Father to Judge, and still He was kind enough to cover their sins with temporary blood, until He sent them Christ. There He established a new, better covenant, so he could return to His nature of grace and forgiveness. The Jews rejected the new covenant. Christ plans to return to the Jews before they are entirely wiped out in WW3. This reunion will be accepted by the Jews and Jesus will set up His kingdom in the city of David.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Technically we are all the authors of his suffering death.

From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament. I do not recall hearing or reading the term “Old Testament” until I was past 40 & now, I’m over 70.

Not being Jewish & only reading the Old Testament I never knew how much involved the Lord was with the Israelite people, It wasn’t until I read The Old Testament that I learned how involved the Lord was with His Chosen, the Israelite people in The Old Testament.

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

From those verses and onward I learned that the Lord set out conditions that they must follow to get His eternal grace.

I did not understand what this all meant until I came across the site below that I found on the internet.

I'll make it even easier for you.

Don't worry about the Jews. We won't worry about you.

Not me. I have an alibi. I've got four friends who will swear we were playing poker when it happened.

moses lied about the tablets, they have written their own religion and are non the better for it making humanity their scapegoat as a reward.

Yes, we are. All have sinned. :)

get a life bing, speak for yourself sinner - not everyone suffers your type of malady.

get a life bing, speak for yourself sinner - not everyone suffers your type of malady.
You have no idea what that means to me coming from you.

"From my 14th birthday+/- until 25th+/- birthday I only knew the New Testament from a Catholic point of view and a Baptist’s point of view as seen through the verses in the New Testament."

Right there is a prescription for a maladjusted personality.

The people who staked a claim in Canaan were at one time the chosen.

Over and over again, the northern house of Israel abandoned God, and so God issued her a certificate of divorce (Jer 3:6-8). Dispersed, she lost her identity out among the heathen, herself becoming heathen (Hos 1:2-9). Judah in the southern house (Judea) was even more idolatrous and would also face God’s wrath (Jer 3:9-9), which she ultimately suffered under Rome’s thumb. God had waited for Israel to return, and indeed she did. A transformed Israel came to Him, a new living Israel without temptations or tribal distinctions and with a new identity, pure and unblemished, and too numerous to count (Hos 1:10). That was an Israel fit for marriage to the Lamb, and the wedding day had come (Rv 19:7).

The chosen were always the faithful, be they Adam before their fall from grace, the remnant populations of Israel, or the saints who have yet to forsake God for Baal, Molech, Mithra, and all the rest.

The chosen were always the faithful, be they Adam before their fall from grace, the remnant populations of Israel, or the saints who have yet to forsake God for Baal, Molech, Mithra, and all the rest.
Norwegen, in your own words, tell me why “they” fell from grace & who are they?

Thanks in advance

Idolatry was the reason Adam fell from grace. The reason God divorced Israel.

And the reason God has continued to abide the Christians; they have not worshipped idols.

Correction--
Not being Jewish & only reading the New Testament I never knew how much involved the Lord was with the Israelite people, It wasn’t until I read The Old Testament that I learned how involved the Lord was with His Chosen, the Israelite people in the Old Testament.

Last edited:
That site looks like it's anti-Israel to me. There is also a huge gap between the time of Joseph and Moses. 400 years of slavery that this seems to deny. Hmmm

That site looks like it's anti-Israel to me.
No, you should be calling the author an anti-Semite for stating biblical verses that expose the real relationship between the Israelite people and God & their failing to follow the Lord's teaching ending with the murder of children for the zion cause.

Norwegen, in your own words, tell me why “they” fell from grace & who are they?

Thanks in advance

It's an allegorical account. Do you understand what that means?

Forum List

Back