I can’t imagine how Trump supporters are going to spin the next few months

And what's the left's answer...………………………………? Turn the White House over to a guy that will be 80 fucking years old in just two years, who is likely under lock and key right this minute knowing that if he gets the virus he's likely to die.
Drumpfs ancient ass is in the high risk category as well. The difference is that Biden can do the job. Drumpf has a track record of being an incompetent fuckup.

Biden was up for the job years ago. He won't be now.
Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would be better for the job than Drumpf. Hes a fucking failure at being a leader. The sooner orange man is removed the better for all americans.

And what's the left's answer...………………………………? Turn the White House over to a guy that will be 80 fucking years old in just two years, who is likely under lock and key right this minute knowing that if he gets the virus he's likely to die.
Drumpfs ancient ass is in the high risk category as well. The difference is that Biden can do the job. Drumpf has a track record of being an incompetent fuckup.

Super Thursday Biden won't even be the nominee and you'll cheer whoever Soros and the ChiComs select instead
I agree with part of your claim. Anyone including the local dogcatcher will get my vote over Drumpf. We have to remove that incompetent fuckup ASAP

According to actual EXPERTS (as in not a dumbass politician), the most realistic scenario going forward is that THOUSANDS of Americans will be dead by late summer from CO-VID.

it’ll be fascinating to see how republicans will spin that narrative. I mean even if they will pretend that Trump isn’t partly to blame for the American death toll by ignoring the start of the virus, they would still have to explain them downplaying the seriousness of the disease right now. Hell, I’m sure most of them will say “I never took it lightly!” Yeah right. Polls show most republicans think this isn’t some legitimate health crisis.

Opinion | The Best-Case Outcome for the Coronavirus, and the Worst

The above article is pretty interesting.

Worst case a year from now: about 2 million of Americans are dead and we are in the midst of a depression.

Realistic case: Thousands of Americans will be dead in the next few months but the disease will have been contained through effective social distancing and protocol.

Best case: The disease mutates and dies out on its own sooner rather than later which obviously can’t be predicted. It’s just possible it could happen.

These are scary times. We need to face the reality of how fucked things are going to get.
The death toll will have to get over 17,000 to beat Obama's record with Swine flu. Aside from that, we are on track for over 30,000 deaths from plain old flu. This isn't a crisis. It's media generated hysteria.

The bottom line: You're a moron.
Uh no it was 10,000 and it was in the span of over a year. The death toll for the Coronavirus will reach that in one or two months based on how the rate of infection is growing. The death toll in Italy alone is 5,000 and the virus has only been there for two months. 800 of those deaths were in the last 24 hours.

1) The transmission rate for Coronavirus is 2.5x higher than the flu.

2) The death rate from the flu is 0.1% vs the death rate from the Coronavirus is 3.4%. That’s a massive difference.

3) 20% of those with Coronavirus require hospitalization. That’s 10x the flu.

4) The hospital stay for Coronavirus is twice as long which will overwhelm our healthcare system.

Your dumbass couldn’t explain how it is Obama’s fault for the spread of the swine flu if your life depended it on it lol

How The Novel Coronavirus And The Flu Are Alike ... And Different

See? You’re wrong as always. That’s part of being a Trumptard.

The CDC says there were up to 18,000 deaths from Swine flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

The number of deaths is 348. the number of reported cases is 26,000. Do the math: 348/26000 is 1.34%. Furthermore, experts estimate the 86% of cases aren't reported. That makes the actual death rate 0.187%

You so stupid and gullible that you can't even check the figures that the fake news is feeding to you
Where does the 2.5 figure come from? The CDC website says they don't know how contagious it is.

There are currently only 708 serious or critical cases of the Wuhan flue out of 26,000 reported cases. That's a hospitalization rate of 2.4%. Not 20%.

I have never seen any figures on how long someone has to be hospitalized.

In any case, it's obvious that all your claims are made-up horseshit. It's fake news.
Lol you are such an idiot. Quit pretending you have any understanding of this subject. Your pathetic attempt at pulling numbers out of your ass is so nauseating. It’s not like you could cite a source for that non sense. Also, more importantly, the actual cases of the Coronavirus is much higher than what is reported. Why? Because the US is way behind on testing for the disease.
In Maine, the labs are out of reagent (whatever that is) that is necessary for completing the test. They managed to find four vials, that will allow them to do a few hundred more tests. A few hundred. I think it is time for federal help here. We can ask other states for it, but they need it too. The Constitution gave the federal government strong powers in order to act in our interests. This is one of those times.
That seems to be the problem I see.

Trump turned to the states and said......you find your own test kits and respirators.

Basically making each state compete among themselves.

We need centralized control of critical supplies

The death toll will have to get over 17,000 to beat Obama's record with Swine flu. Aside from that, we are on track for over 30,000 deaths from plain old flu. This isn't a crisis. It's media generated hysteria.

The bottom line: You're a moron.
Uh no it was 10,000 and it was in the span of over a year. The death toll for the Coronavirus will reach that in one or two months based on how the rate of infection is growing. The death toll in Italy alone is 5,000 and the virus has only been there for two months. 800 of those deaths were in the last 24 hours.

2) The death rate from the flu is 0.1% vs the death rate from the Coronavirus is 3.4%. That’s a massive difference.

4) The hospital stay for Coronavirus is twice as long which will overwhelm our healthcare system.

Your dumbass couldn’t explain how it is Obama’s fault for the spread of the swine flu if your life depended it on it lol

The number of deaths is 348. the number of reported cases is 26,000. Do the math: 348/26000 is 1.34%. Furthermore, experts estimate the 86% of cases aren't reported. That makes the actual death rate 0.187%

You so stupid and gullible that you can't even check the figures that the fake news is feeding to you
Where does the 2.5 figure come from? The CDC website says they don't know how contagious it is.

There are currently only 708 serious or critical cases of the Wuhan flue out of 26,000 reported cases. That's a hospitalization rate of 2.4%. Not 20%.

In any case, it's obvious that all your claims are made-up horseshit. It's fake news.
Lol you are such an idiot. Quit pretending you have any understanding of this subject. Your pathetic attempt at pulling numbers out of your ass is so nauseating. It’s not like you could cite a source for that non sense. Also, more importantly, the actual cases of the Coronavirus is much higher than what is reported. Why? Because the US is way behind on testing for the disease.
In Maine, the labs are out of reagent (whatever that is) that is necessary for completing the test. They managed to find four vials, that will allow them to do a few hundred more tests. A few hundred. I think it is time for federal help here. We can ask other states for it, but they need it too. The Constitution gave the federal government strong powers in order to act in our interests. This is one of those times.
That seems to be the problem I see.

Trump turned to the states and said......you find your own test kits and respirators.

Basically making each state compete among themselves.

We need centralized control of critical supplies

Peter Navarro: Coronavirus – How businesses are stepping up, collaborating with Trump administration

U.S. FDA approves first rapid coronavirus test with 45 minutes detection time

General Motors Will Help Manufacture Hospital Ventilators to Fight Coronavirus | The Motley Fool

3M Increases N95 Mask Production in Response to Coronavirus Outbreak | The Motley Fool

Makers of Wipes and Hand Sanitizers Step Up Production as Coronavirus Spreads

ROFL! You're such a fucking dumbass.

What numbers are you disputing? I have already provided sources for everything I said in my post, including one in the post you responded to. Plus, I can do simple math. You know you can't dispute what I posted, which is why you relied in a personal attack.

You also just admitted that the death rate is much lower than what you claimed.
Okay you pulled a death rate out of your ass. The actual number of cases in the US is way behind on testing. Many more have it than what is being reported. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is doing much better on testing. That is where the 3,4% death rate comes from. It’s the GLOBAL rate in comparison to the GLOBAL rate of the flu which is 0.1%.

Oh and let’s not forget that the total death rate from the swine flu spans over a year.

Also, I did notice how you failed to counter the other numerous points I made in this thread.

I didn't pull it out of my ass, moron I showed you the calculation. Furthermore, if many cases aren't reported, that means the death rate is far lower than what's reported. That doesn't help your case. You're so fucking stupid that you believe unreported cases means the death rate is higher than what you posted when in fact its far lower. More cases increases the denominator. It means the death rate is lower.

Duh!

I don't know where you got the 3.4% figure, but simple math gives a 1.3% figure. 348/26000 is 1.3%, moron.

Apparently you can't use a calculator.

Man, are you fucking stupid!
Hey moron that underreported number would also refer to those that have died. As in, yeah, the amount of deaths is higher than the reported number of a few hundred.

You keeping doing this pointless calculation like it’s supposed to mean something. The GLOBAL death rate of CoronaVirus is 3.4% and the GLOBAL death rate of the flu is 0.1%.

Ha ha ha ha

Here is when you are going to hear my mouth.

Trump did one thing, shut down travel from China, then ignored every other intel report.

He ignored daily intel briefing after daily intel briefing outlining the seriousness of this threat, and claimed the virus was a hoax.... You seem to conveniently forget about that...

Candidates Biden and Sanders have access to the reports as well.

What the hell they said in those same days?

Talk to me.

Bill Burr knew the threat was real, and that's why he sold his stock and said this:
"There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," said Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

I will tell you this. "Aggressive transmission" is not a synonymous of a damn killer transmission in a disease.A four years old can be hitting your belly for minutes and you might only feel he is bothering you and never hurting you. This sickness is affecting badly people with health conditions, it is true they must be protected, such is the moral move to do.

However, you catch the disease, have the symptoms for two weeks, and later keep going, what is your complaint? Are you going to swear you never got sick before and recovered later?

Trump ignored daily classified intel briefings:

Yup. President Trump indeed ignored Bill Burr, he didn't cash his stocks at the beginning of the storm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html
“Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn’t get him to do anything about it,” this official said. “The system was blinking red.”

The warnings from U.S. intelligence agencies increased in volume toward the end of January and into early February, said officials familiar with the reports. By then, a majority of the intelligence reporting included in daily briefing papers and digests from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA was about covid-19, said officials who have read the reports.

On Feb. 25, Nancy Messonnier, a senior CDC official, sounded perhaps the most significant public alarm to that point, when she told reporters that the coronavirus was likely to spread within communities in the United States and that disruptions to daily life could be “severe.” Trump called Azar on his way back from a trip to India and complained that Messonnier was scaring the stock markets, according to two senior administration officials.

Up to that moment, tell me, how many cases were reported of people affected by the virus? How many deaths?

Can't you understand that no authority in the world will create a critical status in their lands until the disease has indeed reached their place and is felt very badly?

You only mention people in the current administration giving warnings, but what Biden and Sanders said to show "their leadership" in this scenario?

I will tell you what they said: NOTHING.

Your Democrat candidates kept their mouth shut. They ignored the crisis as well.

All your Democrat candidates. including potential Cuomo- didn't say sh*t, didn't do nothing, they were zero at the left in this story. So, don't blame the president, because surely your Democrat candidates should have acted WORST if they were in power in this current situation.

You are just a partisan hack. You care more about party than America. If you really cared about America you would be able to see the obvious, Trump ignored the threat and called it a liberal hoax while people in his administration tried to tell him that the threat was very very real and serious...

Read my posts.

I still am against the current taken from this administration.

I think differently.

My opinion still stands that people and business should have continued as usual and to concentrate only on the protection of the elder and people with health conditions.

My opinion is that no one knows if isolation will erase this sickness forever or if this disease will appear every year like the Flu.

And about president Trump, I understand he has been trying to bring hope, to keep business running, trying to avoid the current economical disaster because the crazy spread of a virus.

When you are in charge of a country like the US, you just can't jump to radical measures until these are necessary.

These are my words, I'm the one who came with this phrase long ago: In science you can't predict what you can't control, then, what the heck are you complaining about when at this current moment no one can predict anything with certainty about this virus?

Stop pointing fingers on others, because surely you should have made worst decisions if you were the president.

What numbers are you disputing? I have already provided sources for everything I said in my post, including one in the post you responded to. Plus, I can do simple math. You know you can't dispute what I posted, which is why you relied in a personal attack.

Okay you pulled a death rate out of your ass. The actual number of cases in the US is way behind on testing. Many more have it than what is being reported. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is doing much better on testing. That is where the 3,4% death rate comes from. It’s the GLOBAL rate in comparison to the GLOBAL rate of the flu which is 0.1%.

Oh and let’s not forget that the total death rate from the swine flu spans over a year.

Also, I did notice how you failed to counter the other numerous points I made in this thread.

I didn't pull it out of my ass, moron I showed you the calculation. Furthermore, if many cases aren't reported, that means the death rate is far lower than what's reported. That doesn't help your case. You're so fucking stupid that you believe unreported cases means the death rate is higher than what you posted when in fact its far lower. More cases increases the denominator. It means the death rate is lower.

Duh!

I don't know where you got the 3.4% figure, but simple math gives a 1.3% figure. 348/26000 is 1.3%, moron.

Hey moron that underreported number would also refer to those that have died. As in, yeah, the amount of deaths is higher than the reported number of a few hundred.

You keeping doing this pointless calculation like it’s supposed to mean something. The GLOBAL death rate of CoronaVirus is 3.4% and the GLOBAL death rate of the flu is 0.1%.

3.4%?

Worldwide, more than 212,000 people have been infected with the new coronavirus, and at least 8,700 people have died.

That calculates to .04%

One chart shows different countries' current coronavirus death rates, based on the known number of cases and deaths

Duh!

The global death rate is irrelevant. It includes countries like italy where all the people who die are over 70, and they have a very high population of elderly, and where their culture is much more conducive to transmission of the virus, and where they had a significant presence of Chinese nationals

People who die are all lying in a hospital bed, and doctors know exactly why they died. No doctor ever spoke with people who had the virus and never reported it. The first number is likely to be very close to 100% accurate.

Duh!

3.4%?

Worldwide, more than 212,000 people have been infected with the new coronavirus, and at least 8,700 people have died.

That calculates to .04%

One chart shows different countries' current coronavirus death rates, based on the known number of cases and deaths
No, that's 4%.

Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would be better for the job than Drumpf. Hes a fucking failure at being a leader. The sooner orange man is removed the better for all americans.
Wrong, moron. Trump is the best president we've had since Calvin Coolidge.

Duh!

The global death rate is irrelevant. It includes countries like italy where all the people who die are over 70, and they have a very high population of elderly, and where their culture is much more conducive to transmission of the virus, and where they had a significant presence of Chinese nationals

People who die are all lying in a hospital bed, and doctors know exactly why they died. No doctor ever spoke with people who had the virus and never reported it. The first number is likely to be very close to 100% accurate.
Lol quit pretending you have any authority on the subject. You’re just making shit up.

Drumpf is an incompetent fuckup with idiots for supporters. Drumpf is thee worst president in the history of presidents.

Duh!

Lol quit pretending you have any authority on the subject. You’re just making shit up.
Could This Explain Why the Coronavirus Death Rate in Italy Is So High?

An adviser to Italy's minister of health, Professor Walter Ricciardi, said the coronavirus death rate in Italy may be higher than in other countries not only because of demographics -- Italy has the second oldest population in the world -- but also because of the way Italy records deaths of those who have tested positive for the coronavirus.

"The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus," Prof. Riccardi told The Telegraph.

"On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 percent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 percent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three," the professor explains.

The professor is not alone, as others say it's way too early to know the true mortality rate so long as the number of mild cases in the country remains unknown.

Italy's older population may also explain the large number of deaths being attributed to the coronavirus.

"The age of our patients in hospitals is substantially older - the median is 67, while in China it was 46," the professor says. "So essentially the age distribution of our patients is squeezed to an older age and this is substantial in increasing the lethality."

A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 87 percent of the deaths in Italy attributed to the coronavirus and 40 percent of known infections have been people 70 years of age or older.

The coronavirus obviously poses a threat to the health and well-being of people all around the world, but it's probably a good idea to balance the panic and all the dire forecasts with a little bit of critical thinking.

Trump shutting down travel from China was a good move.
But after that, he assumed that was all that was needed and assured Americans the worst was over and everything was under control.

He missed an opportunity to ramp up preparedness and start stocking up on vital medical supplies.

As of now, we need him to show leadership. Start making tough decisions.
Trump has left the hard decisions to local authorities. If you need medical supplies, you are on your own. Let the states fight among themselves for who gets what.

He needs to empower Mike Pence to make decisions on allocation of resources. Force companies to produce needed supplies.

The common understanding at that moment was the spreading of the virus person to person. It was ignored since when the virus has been infecting people. You must understand that you show the symptoms with a certain delay after you got infected.

It is understood that to stop Chinese people coming to the US was late already, but in reality the virus can't be detected unless you use the proper equipment, and not only Chinese people were the affected ones. Italians coming from their country might have brought the disease as well.

Something in what president Trump is right, is that State governments have the responsibility to act in conjunction with the Federal government in this emergency.

State authorities are very autonomous to create their own laws, their own sanctuary cities and more, These State authorities have also the total freedom and responsibility to act against the current disease.

Look at Washington DC, which is looking for becoming a State but until today is letting people to be in great numbers to see the flowers of the cherry trees in downtown, while real established States are prohibiting people in streets and parks and beaches in their cities. Tel me about "leadership".

I disagree with the isolation measure as a solution, but by respect to the authority and the rest of people who think that is the correct answer to the spread of the virus, I avoid going places if it is not necessary, and avoid contact with others.

And I do it against my will but I'm trying to be part of the suggested solution.

Why start pointing fingers on others when no country in the world has make it better?

Of course lots of deaths will be the consequence, this is about a disease with unknown vaccine to stop it or alleviate its spreading.

Making more masks and other supplies is not an act of magic, it is to find current reserves and how much is available, is to plan the distribution, is to reach the prime material to start production, and all of this in a moment when "everybody" wants to have the mask.

When you say "prevention", you must understand that if this is about a car, prevention means to have a cover valve gasket at hand because the car has 120,000 running valves and might start leaking at any moment. It happens that the car only has 60,000 running miles, but very recently has been announced the pcv is faulty in that brand, model and year of the car and one consequence will be a leaking valve cover gasket.

You will order the gasket to have it at hand, but you still don't see why you must hurry. And funny, you still will run your car without gasket replacement even when you noticed the first leaks.

Prevention is in many cases not a good idea.

I was working for a government agency for years. Sometimes a supply was ordered like to be in storage to last its demand for the next 20 years. It happens that after three years the supply became obsolete because a better model with better qualities came to the market. There you have a preventive measure that didn't work very well, the waste of such amount of supplies good for decades but changed every certain amount of years anyway.

Look at the case of the "masks", according to what the administration suggest, the ones needed are not the common dust masks but special ones for doctors and nurses. The ones in stock in hospitals might not be good to prevent the contagious of this virus.

In reality, everybody is "learning" more about this disease each day, so we must do our part the best we can., That's all.

Drumpf is an incompetent fuckup with idiots for supporters. Drumpf is thee worst president in the history of presidents.
Trump is the best president we've had since Calvin Coolidge.

Forum List

Back